Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sweden gets votes from like everyone so I don't know why they would ever think they'd need vote fixing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

you can Llámame Ray, or you can Llámame Jay, or you can Llámame R.J.J...

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
e: wait no that sounds weird

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Anyone at all voting for the dogshit crybaby Australian crap is dodgy though you gotta admit :thunk:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Metro_Ents/status/1537740733318320133

https://twitter.com/Metro_Ents/status/1537744470891954176

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Not surprising. There is a war going on after all.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
I thought that Ukraine would be able to pick any proxy who was willing in that case, and who had been runner-up wasn't any kind.of factor. Did they change the rules, or did they give the broadcaster a deadline and they wouldn't choose anyone or what?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

easy to get from Ireland to UK :D

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s the perfect result really, Ukraine gets the win without the financial (and this year, simply all over) burden of hosting and the UK gets to host with an asterisk next to their name. It should be a good show and given how much everyone seemed to like Space Man, nobody will be too aggrieved by the situation. Wins all round!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Eurovision in post-Brexit UK? This should be interesting.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Eurovision in post-Brexit UK? This should be interesting.

Does it really change that much? UK press will crow about it like it has some greater meaning other than UK being a country of 60m+ with some big stadiums, Johnson or his successor will make some speeches about it being emblematic of the sunlit uplands of Brexit, new trade deals etc. despite it being nothing of the sort.

Not like UK still isn't part of Europe, and the EBU seems to be one of the few institutions with "European" in the name that they haven't hosed off yet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

are non-irish EU people gonna need a visa to fly to the UK now because it so, that’s a lol

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Thranguy posted:

I thought that Ukraine would be able to pick any proxy who was willing in that case, and who had been runner-up wasn't any kind.of factor. Did they change the rules, or did they give the broadcaster a deadline and they wouldn't choose anyone or what?

I suspect that was a polite "no one else wants to host it and the current UK government really really wants the distraction"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
EBU should still promise Ukraine that they will at some point arrange either ESC or some special festival on Ukrainian soil once it's possible safety wise. Snake Fest, anyone??

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

are non-irish EU people gonna need a visa to fly to the UK now because it so, that’s a lol

EU, ETA and Swiss passport holders can visit Britain for up to six months without a visa. Note that a European ID card does not suffice. Also the passport needs to be valid through the visit, so be sure to check that.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
e: Apparently not!!!

e2: Though the UK is currently planning to break international law by unilaterally altering the Northern Ireland Protocol so that might have implications

Splicer fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jun 18, 2022

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Splicer posted:

e: Apparently not!!!

e2: Though the UK is currently planning to break international law by unilaterally altering the Northern Ireland Protocol so that might have implications

Probably the foremost result will be that EU will sue the British government. I don't believe that visa rules will be affected as the NIP is mostly about transportation of goods.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ireland’s army of angry farmers will go to war with the UK and demolish the empire :pray: the Eurovision 2023 will take place in the United Irish Islands :pray:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Nenonen posted:

EU, ETA and Swiss passport holders can visit Britain for up to six months without a visa. Note that a European ID card does not suffice. Also the passport needs to be valid through the visit, so be sure to check that.

For real? I know as a brit I can only visit the EU for like up to 3 months.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

That's what the UK guv's website says.

Brexit lol

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

Yeah 6 months has always been the standard for most non-EU countries coming into the UK before Brexit, so they just made those rules apply to EU nationals. The temporary visas like tourism and youth mobility are shockingly generous here for whatever reason

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ireland’s army of angry farmers will go to war with the UK and demolish the empire :pray: the Eurovision 2023 will take place in the United Irish Islands :pray:

:pray:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
anyone who thinks ireland is the only place with angry farmers must never have heard of norfolk

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Or Scotland, Wales and Cornwall.
Something to do with all that old Celtic blood

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i disagree, norfolk has the angriest farmers, bye

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
they feed beef burgers to swans

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Boris wants it in Ukraine so the UK doesn't have to pay for it.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Counting down to the "EU voted us into second place after Ukraine to make us host it and crash our economy with Eurovision immigrants as punishment for Brexit" conspiracy theory coming out

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Whybird posted:

Counting down to the "EU voted us into second place after Ukraine to make us host it and crash our economy with Eurovision immigrants as punishment for Brexit" conspiracy theory coming out

Saw that on Twitter while the votes were still being tallied tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
france giving the UK douze points at Eurovision is a shock to set the mind wandering tbf