Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Alhazred posted:

Basically every Michelle Rodriguez character ever.

But so far she's come back in Fast and Furiois AND Resident Evil so she'll definitely be in Avatar
3 or 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

This movie owned. I thought the three hour run time was absurd before watching but like, I'm not going to act like it flew by but it slowed down at points in the EXACT right ways. Like everything with the outcast whale owned I appreciated the movie not half-assing how all the water related stuff works for the Na'vi. I feel like a lesser movie would have just smash cut to them all having mastered the way of water after the first instance of them loving up once or whatever.

I'm already looking forward to the drama when Jake/etc. learn what Spider was responsible for in Avatar 3 lol

For real though I went in blind and was not expecting the entire whale aspect of the movie at all it ruled.

Movie looks fuckin' awesome too, like I was really impressed at some points.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Imo spider should kill Jake and his family and it should just be about him and quartich

Already picturing the "Along came a SpI[/id[i]Er" pun cover

This movie firmly establishes that humans on Pandora is planned to be a permanent thing and not just a mining colony like in the first movie. It does make me wonder if Cameron will go so far as to have humanity mostly wiped out or if they'll pull off a Battle for the Planet of the Apes style scenario.

It does seem like half an hour was cut? That makes sense since there's a couple of parts during the battles where all the water Na'vi seem to just suddenly vanish.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 9, 2023

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Because that was such a good idea when BvS did it.

Apparently James Cameron cut a bunch of scenes with guns.

The gunplay definitely felt PG-13 overall but I appreciated how much he got away with in this under the guise of "sci-fi violence" like all the arrow shots and whaler guy getting disarmed ( :haw: ) on screen. The action in general I thought was really really well done compared to other big CG spectacle movies too.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I don't think it was a rating thing more as a personal taste thing, from the sound of it. I get the feeling in particular he was hesitant about the still adolescent kids being shown using guns.

Oh yeah the kids pretty much didn't use anything like that which is totally understandable, I didn't mean this as a mark against the gun usage (which was fine and I was surprised how effectively they were able to get the kids into "this one might actually not make it" territory repeatedly). Just that what would be typical for this rating with the guns stands out more compared to how clear and on screen a lot of the other violence is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

This exchange still pops into my head on occasion. It just doesn't make any sense. They're talking, they finish talking. Worthington backs away slowly and bale randomly yells that out. End scene (I think? I haven't seen it in years).

My partner and I quote that a lot because it's so stupid, Sam Worthington issues a half-hearted "I dunno" after that cracks us both up

What a loving shitpile flick, gently caress you McG

And whoever posted it earlier is right, hey everyone check put this new Terminator flick it's going to be....

A $$$ Terminator movie that's a prequel, reboot, and sorta sequel simultaneously

Has a cast that includes Christian Bale, Anton Yelchin as young Kyle Reese, Common, Terry Crews, Michael Ironside, Bryce Dallas Howard, Sam Worthington, Terry Crews, etc.

Outstanding effects work and even a lot of practical stuff

Written by the guy that wrote The Dark Knight and The Prestige

Focuses on the future war time

Terminator/human hybrid character what does it mean to be human stuff

John Connor the prophet

How did this movie loving suck so bad, gently caress that movie

I still lol there's a very brief shot towards the end in the SkyNet facility where you can see the silhouettes of some regular people from an earlier time in the flick's production where several traitorous humans that work with or/and maintain SkyNet were going to be a thing

Also holy gently caress I completely for about Helena Bonham Carter lmao

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 17, 2023