Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dongicus posted:

told a friend of mine abt this thread and they sent this:

my best rp story is when me and a friend went on habbo together to crash in random people’s private rooms, we went into house parties and whatever and just were being obnoxious until they kick us out.

anyway we realized that if we see a room has only 2 occupants in it, those 2 people were probably in there having cybersex so barging in on them is way more hilarious than the rooms of 10-20 people. so we started going in those rooms. it was very funny

but then we saw one generic named room with 2 people and clicked it to go ruin their habbo sex life, and when the room loaded, it was this long room made to look like a bayou swamp with green bubbly water, gross trees, etc, and then at the end of the room were 2 lawn chairs and a cooler, and there were 2 dudes just sitting in the swamp in their chairs drinkin cans of soda out of the cooler just talking about dude crap. when they saw us in our stupid outfits barge in they were just like “how y’all doin. want a beer” and it was the most jarring thing to see in habbo hotel. it was just dudes hangin out, literally. we just sort of started talking to them knee deep in their swamp and they were just talking about how in real life they go down to the swamp to look for deer and poo poo. those guys owned so hard we quit.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dongicus posted:

my best rp story is when me and a friend went on habbo together to crash in random people’s private rooms, we went into house parties and whatever and just were being obnoxious until they kick us out.

anyway we realized that if we see a room has only 2 occupants in it, those 2 people were probably in there having cybersex so barging in on them is way more hilarious than the rooms of 10-20 people. so we started going in those rooms. it was very funny

but then we saw one generic named room with 2 people and clicked it to go ruin their habbo sex life, and when the room loaded, it was this long room made to look like a bayou swamp with green bubbly water, gross trees, etc, and then at the end of the room were 2 lawn chairs and a cooler, and there were 2 dudes just sitting in the swamp in their chairs drinkin cans of soda out of the cooler just talking about dude crap. when they saw us in our stupid outfits barge in they were just like “how y’all doin. want a beer” and it was the most jarring thing to see in habbo hotel. it was just dudes hangin out, literally. we just sort of started talking to them knee deep in their swamp and they were just talking about how in real life they go down to the swamp to look for deer and poo poo. those guys owned so hard we quit.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Florida stays winning.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Dongicus posted:

Awesome lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol cool

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Dongicus posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Dongicus posted:

Badass lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dongicus posted:

lol cool

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dongicus posted:

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dongicus posted:

lol cool

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Dongicus posted:

Fungah! posted:

lol cool

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Dongicus posted:

lmfao

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this thread made me really nostalgic so i went searching for old UO fansites like galad the looter but sadly most of those websites are long gone and none of the stories were saved but somehow imanewbie is still up https://www.imanewbie.com/main/mainframes.html

belan http://www.belan.variadic.org

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol this is good poo poo

http://www.belan.variadic.org/newbiemon1.html

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

So sick lmfao.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

legend

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lmfao this rules

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

thank you lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lord “Matt” British

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i miss this game

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ultima online eventually added a system called item insurance where you could pay gold to insure an item and if you died it stayed with you. if you killed someone in pvp instead of getting the loot you got the gold from the insurance instead lol

this also completely killed the stealing skill which was already hit hard by the trammel/felluca split because everything worth stealing was either blessed or insured meaning you couldn't steal anything and only reason to have a thief anymore was to steal decorative items for houses from a single dungeon.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
in goon squad mal ganis in like 2007 there was this dude named menestheus who was made an officer (i think he just asked) and used to mute or kick people for no reason

some dude showed up and posted a bunch of pictures of him and his gf who were extremely fat ren faire kink people then he disappeared

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That’s epic dude.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

That’s epic dude.

John keeps it epic

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

That’s epic dude.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd say it's less of an epic mmo story and more of a piece of poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

That’s epic dude.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

That’s epic dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

John Romero at 4am this morning, combing the depths of his mind:

Only registered members can see post attachments!