Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
extremely fat ren faire kink people ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

John Romero at 4am this morning, combing the depths of his mind:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

John Romero's about to make you say meh.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

John Romero at 4am this morning, combing the depths of his mind:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

there was a goon who posted in pet island about how much he loved his dogs and was giving them up because he didn't have time to take care of them anymore. there was a page and a half of sympathy before one of his wow guildmates posted

quote:

Oh you loving piece of poo poo Wojtek how dare you. Come in here whining for sympathy why don't you tell people the real reason you don't have any time?

For anyone who feels sorry for this rear end in a top hat he plays WoW a good 7-10 hours a day everyday. When his first kid was born, like literally crowning out of his wife's vagina, he had his laptop in the hospital and started bitching about the latency and got kicked from the raid because the raid leader couldn't believe he was missing his kid's birth.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610831

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

there was a goon who posted in pet island about how much he loved his dogs and was giving them up because he didn't have time to take care of them anymore. there was a page and a half of sympathy before one of his wow guildmates posted

lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mbt posted:

King

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

Lmfao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

lol amazing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

my wife is in the next room over giving birth while im over here getting my rear end kicked in molten core because of the lovely hospital wifi its hard being a gamer sometimes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

my wife is in the next room over giving birth while im over here getting my rear end kicked in molten core because of the lovely hospital wifi its hard being a gamer sometimes

I suggest folks read this convenient, brief synopsis rather than the source material, to save time.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I suggest folks read this convenient, brief synopsis rather than the source material, to save time.

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mbt posted:

lmao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

mbt posted:

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

mbt posted:

i remember this they could hear his wife screaming on vent and he was fighting for his life in guild chat

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mbt posted:

Epic lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao jesus christ

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

mbt posted:

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I remember being like 19 and seeing guys like that guy talk about having families but being level 70 and thinking wow a man can have it all

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lololololol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lmfao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mbt posted:

in phantasy star online there was a rare weapon called the NUG2000 Bazooka. someone in the lobby was levitating in midair, surrounded by players, and named "infamous_nugz". i thought he was a developer or a popular guy that got the weapon named after him. he said 'first 3 to join my game gets free stuff!' and i ran to the lobby and managed to join. he said just join his mission and he'll drop the items there. the mission was taking forever to load, and eventually it kicked me back to the main menu. complete save corruption, all the items gone. I didn't have any copied backups so I ran to my brothers bed and woke him up crying.

that was in 2003. i was trying to remember the guys name and i googled "phantasy star online nugz". the guy was still terrorizing private pso gamecube servers a decade later lol

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/516243-phantasy-star-online-episode-i-and-ii/43801957?page=1

literally this exact same story happened to me lol. same nugz guy and everything. i also cried and frankly remembering it is bringing me to the verge of tears again

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

In middle school I played RuneScape and was hanging out at the library playing with a bunch of other kids (as per usual) and we did some duel arena. I fought one guy a bunch and ranged him down a few times with my short bow or whatever. We then agreed to duel again but I got to block skills and he got to block slots. I blocked magic and he blocked the arrow quiver which should have meant an easy win for him, but I had a stack of darts in my inventory so once the duel started I switched to those and got him again for the fourth time in a row. There was possibly gp staked on this match? I don’t remember. I was very proud of myself though, basically the crowning achievement of the year for grade 6 me.

Later in high school and playing WoW, in wrath(?) shamans got thunderstorm as a spell (maybe a talent?) which instant cast a knock back effect. It’s initial implementation also knocked people off mounts including flying mounts, so I spent a hot second goading alliance players into following me into the air, then casting it to knock them off their mount to a falling death. I would then use the goblin parachute from engineering to avoid the same fate since casting the spell took you off your mount as well. Even after the demount effect was removed it was good for blasting people off zeppelins and boats etc on the way from continent to continent. (e: Just to be clear I definitely did not discover this functionality myself)

Anachronist fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 11, 2022

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

In WoW during Wrath, death knights were the newest class and they had an ability called death grip that pulled an enemy into melee range. There was a bug where if a death knight on a boat in Booty Bay cast death grip on someone, instead of pulling them onto the boat they'd go flying at high speed across the entire continent until they got to the 0,0 coordinate on the map which was pretty far under the geometry in one of the northern zones (Booty Bay was at the far south end of the map).

I don't think it was the first bug that would send people to that spot, it's where the game would send you if it didn't know where you were supposed to be. Blizzard's band-aid fix for this kind of thing, to keep people from falling into the void and being unable to recover their corpse, was to put an immobile boat down there for them to land on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aatKE0FF2m4

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

goferchan posted:

Oh lol I found it

Uncle Frank posted:

Getting addicted to gambling when you're 14 ftw

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'm sorry Paulie, I don't have the meat right now, I swear I'll have it for you on Friday

insane anime posted:

It was blood in: the humiliating post we made a teenager write for the incorrect subforum asking to be added to the Kingdom of Loathing Goon Guild and subsequently 6 hour probated for while he was at school, and it will be blood out--releasing your social security number a group of hungry offsite pedophiles that want nothing more than to rape a child to death. I wish I could be there to see the look on your face, but someone has to defend our server territory tonight from Farks finest

Trash Ops posted:

you had to do the drop off to transfer thing in this ancient korean mmo called nexus kingdom of the winds. i was collecting golden acorns to transfer my character's home to a different city, you needed twenty and you had to obliterate thousands of squirrels since the drop rate was terrible. my brother and i shared passwords to make this easier. i had collected 19 but when i logged in i saw they were gone but nothing else. when i confronted my brother about it he kept lying about stealing them, so i made him sit down and log in himself. instead, he me stabbed in the leg with a loving pencil and we were both banned from playing the game anymore. still do not trust him.

That Little Demon posted:

the funny thing about ogres is there are small doors in EQ and you can't clip through players, so in the high end (in 1999) dungeon I had an ogre I would park in front of the door and make level 50s pay me a toll to enter lmfao. The absolute best game of all time

lmfao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

lmao but also depressed

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

I was never very interested in talking to people in my guild

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

tawal posted:

I was never very interested in talking to people in my guild

That first guy is GA lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ever since I was a kid I knew I wanted to be a Guild Leader.