Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i have no idea how this play game anymore so ive just been looking at the few players hanging around the bank and lmao hell yeah everyone is some shade of eye searing neon lmao

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 12, 2022

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the dude: fuckin quintana, that creep can sell, man
walter: yeah, dude, but he's a mervert.
the dude: yeah.
walter: no dude, he's a sex offender

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Garriott". I'm Lord British. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Majesty, or uh, Your Lordship, or Lord Cantabrigian British if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Garriott". I'm Lord British. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Majesty, or uh, Your Lordship, or Lord Cantabrigian British if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Fungah! posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the people playing this game still use ICQ and list their ICQ numbers in their player profiles and implore you to message them if you want to buy a neon green katana that costs one billion gold

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 12, 2022

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fungah! posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

i got scammed so hard in runescape that it turned me to the dark side...well, i got scammed on runescape a ton lol.

first time i ever saw someone get scammed - Item Drop + CTRL + C and we can duplicate an item --- kids getting straight up pwn'd lol *noob tier

first time i ever personally got scammed..was buying rune scimmy 40k. guy offers it up on a bank note (icon is minimized, less detail, is still a legit rune scimmy) and 'accidentally' declines the trade. "my bad bro" throws the trade right back up but this time its a bronze scimmy on the bank note THAT AT THE TIME looked identical when on note form..40k down the drain just like that..all that loving rune essence i mined as an 11 year old. was pissed lol

first time i ever scammed someone..two man effort. i wanted to get in with the older kids in town that played and i also wanted free poo poo. i devised a plan, because i had the fastest WPM in town, where i would impersonate a jagex employee. we would go to the library where they had a bunch of PCs set up and sit next to one another. on one monitor we would find noobs with decent armor in one world and i would be in another world on my account. i would PM the person saying they've been selected for special server by the mod staff due to good behavior and i would just need their password to set up the log in info..then buddy would log out as they world hopped and then trade me all the poo poo ..feel terrible about that lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

the time i got scammed so hard i quit was by gambling when i was about 13 or 14. basically there was an item called Mithril Flowers where you could plant a seed and a random color would show up. Ppl would sit outside the banks and play this from time to time. You traded someone your gold and if you called the right color you doubled your money. It involved some trust that the person would trade you back. Some ppl were legit, some were scammers. i was winning all loving day and then went all in and when i traded my millions the guy just logged out and i did the same never to return lol.

the coolest scam i ever saw that i got pwn'd on involved grand exchange manipulation lol..Runescape had the grand exchange where you could list any item in the game for sale for any price. But there was a limit at one time to how much you could buy or sell. Runescape had tons of items and a lot of weapons could be poisoned. There was no reason to use spears in the game, especially bronze spears, and especially not double poisoned bronze spears. meaning that item was never ever crafted or listed on the grand exchange. They were worthless and a waste of poison. but this guy was saying 'can anyone help me? im at my limit today buying.' so, he says he wants to buy these bronze spears and that he would pay for them. at first theres only like 100 listed and i buy them and sell them to him to make some gold. he says he'll get in touch with me later. days later theres a bunch of these, like way more, and i buy them for way more than there worth (again) thinking hes going to buy them off of me because im helping him and getting a little gold too. Where, obviously what my brain didnt know as a kid was that HE was the one listing them and once he sold me like 100,000 bronze spears that were worth like 50gp for like 500,000 he had already won and obviously never bought them off me. lmfao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

the third post about scamming involved real life social engineering or w/e lol. Well it was really just straight up stealing from kids in my hometown. I grew up in a pretty small town where every kid played runescape. you could literally just guess their security questions because we all knew where everyone lived..what school they went to..and even birthdays etc lol. Easy to get on to their accounts and trade their stuff away..one fourth grader with some serious balls stole a high schoolers account that was max level and wiped out his entire poo poo lol.

we also would sell one of my friends accounts to kids younger than us for real life money, use the money to buy monster energy drinks and ice cream sandwiches from the gas station, and then just take the account back with the security questions before they could change them lol.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

oh yeah and also you could gamble in the duel arena and i got scammed really hard when i was a new member by some hustlers. they let you win a few duels and when you go for the big stake they wreck you with archery. gently caress i learned the hard way on my first MMO by the time i finally got guild wars i was loving everyone up 10 fold for how retarded i was on runescape lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

insane anime posted:

Easy to get on to their accounts and trade their stuff away..one fourth grader with some serious balls stole a high schoolers account that was max level and wiped out his entire poo poo lol.

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

in wow someone hijacked an addon to intercept your click to buy cheap items and bought someone elses max price items instead

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

in wow someone hijacked an addon to intercept your click to buy cheap items and bought someone elses max price items instead

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did bronze spears p++ drop somewhere because that's a lot of money to spend on super poison to scam some retard kid out of lol. he probably lost money

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Back about 10 years ago or so a Sim City game came out that was notorious for lots of bugs and being helmed by some goober with the name "ocean quigley". Someone found a way to have fun with the broken balancing by taking their city offline and removing all schools and businesses. Eventually the whole population becomes uneducated and jobless which in the game's logic turns them into criminals but with no businesses there's no crime to commit. So they'd get their city into this sort of equilibrium and then take it online with other players in every direction and there'd be immediate massive traffic jams as every citizen streams into other cities just to commit crimes then leave

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

That Little Demon posted:

Everquest 1 had a spell you could learn that would turn you into any object in the world as a copy of that object, it was a spell only the Enchanter class could learn. You could turn into a Door in a hallway and actually block characters, you could turn into a chair and people could sit on you, ect. You couldn't move, but you could ALSO cast a spell to talk as that item. So my buddy and I dropped a piece of platinum, the highest currency on the ground in the tunnel in East Commonlands that was used for trading on our server. We were disguised as this coin for days and using the voice spell we would talk and it would say like "A piece of platinum says: add a coin to the pile for a chance to win it all" and people who were either new or confused by this and the game in general would add money to our inventory until we had so much money we couldn't actually walk back to the bank due to the weight limit. I was able to afford most of the items in the game at level 7 or 8 lol.

Lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fortaleza posted:

Back about 10 years ago or so a Sim City game came out that was notorious for lots of bugs and being helmed by some goober with the name "ocean quigley". Someone found a way to have fun with the broken balancing by taking their city offline and removing all schools and businesses. Eventually the whole population becomes uneducated and jobless which in the game's logic turns them into criminals but with no businesses there's no crime to commit. So they'd get their city into this sort of equilibrium and then take it online with other players in every direction and there'd be immediate massive traffic jams as every citizen streams into other cities just to commit crimes then leave

lol. commuting to do an armed robbery like the Sims

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i have no idea how this play game anymore so ive just been looking at the few players hanging around the bank and lmao hell yeah everyone is some shade of eye searing neon lmao

Automatically read "the good menvert" and "the outcast elen zepla" in the style of a chad/virgin meme

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fortaleza posted:

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Fortaleza posted:

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fortaleza posted:

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fortaleza posted:

Lmao