Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

nah that shits hosed up the only one getting bullied was my dick every night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitten Nightmares
May 15, 2007
look through a faithless eye; are you afraid to die?

In middle school my childhood friend/neighbor made an angelfire website about this other kid in our grade named Jerry who had a strawberry-shaped head. It was pretty funny imo, the site had his photo with his face tinted red and sunglasses MS-Painted on, and a bunch of dancing strawberry gifs. A lot of kids from school signed the guestbook (holy poo poo remember when every website had a guestbook?) and wrote made up "legends" about him and his strawberry-shaped head. I thought it was loving hilarious but I also knew my neighbor was friends with Jerry so I assumed he was cool with it. I learned later that he was not cool with it and felt bad for signing the guestbook.

I got a Facebook friend suggestion for him a few years ago and saw from his profile pic he now has a kid, luckily their head is a regular shape.

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

i looked very different to most kids at my school, gay in a not-very-gay-friendly area, always got top grades in class, and was generally very socially incompetent so like, you can probably guess which end of the bullying i was generally on lol. it was fairly bad between the ages of like 9 and 13. there were kids who had it even worse than me though

it stopped at about 13 or 14 when i started learning how to function properly in a social context, and also because a group of cool kids discovered that i was actually kinda good at sports despite everything and brought me into their lunchtime football games. vaguely related:

Big Beef City posted:

On the playground they used to plow the blacktop portion off to the side into large snowbanks.
We were playing kickball or ball tag one day and the ball came to rest on one of them so I ran to get it.

Rather than pick it up and hurl it back I decided to boot it back, kicking it with my snowboots on, hard as I could. Which, if any of you have ever done, completely ensures an accurate shot on a half frozen, slush and ice covered red dodgeball.

This sent this full force kicked blunt object into a beautiful duck-hook (in golf terms) directly into the temple of my favorite teacher. Not only giving him bloody scratches from the iced up kick ball (and a probable concussion in hindsight) but also shattered the frames of his glasses.

It took a moment of convincing from others that actually no I didn't intend to Magic Missile the gently caress out of the playground monitor. Take THAT you JERK :smug: ... :smith:

this reminded me of the time i nailed a goal kick directly into the face of probably the biggest bully in the whole school (genuinely an accident lol). i legged it away as fast as i could and managed to get away with it. ngl it felt pretty good

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I got jumped by two big fat kids a couple of years older than me. They followed me into the store room where we had to put away the cones and balls and stuff once lunch was over and roughed me up a bit, then they held the door closed from the outside so I couldn't get out. Full of pre-pubescent rage I grabbed a field-hockey stick from a shelf and started swinging at the door, after a few cracks I tried it again and, voila, the door opens and fatass bully #1 is standing there, mouth agape, looking scared as gently caress of this raging child with a hockey stick.

Fatass bully #2 ran away and grabbed a chair to defend himself but the principal got there before things got out of hand. I got banned from the playground for like 6 weeks (used the lunchtimes to read all the Narnia books, would not recommend) but my dad was chill enough with it since I got jumped. Those two moved on to bullying even smaller kids before they left school the year after.

10 years later I saw one of their names in the paper, he'd been jailed for underage sex offenses. I didn't recognise him since he'd lost a load of weight but it was him. Some people are just poo poo.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I did but trust me this guy sucked, he was later a member of the EDL lol

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Listen you little wimp, if you think that’s funny you’re just a puny little twerp and I’ll spin your hat backwards and staple your underwear to the brim. :toughguy:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

A kid one year older than me bullied my friend so I did a “straight out of a cartoon” thing and tapped him on the shoulder and sucker punched him when the bell rang to go inside and everyone’s back was to us because they were walking inside.

I found out years later he had a really bad home life and his mother was a monster. We ended up going to the same parties in high school and he was a cool person. It sounded like he just stopped acknowledging his mother and focused on getting out asap.

I hope he’s doing well!

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
I just said poo poo and my mom didn't even care.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Did you ever get to smooch Gretchen?

Also, good work on the early cussing. "Holy poo poo, I just did that. Holy poo poo, I just did it again! Nobody can stop me!"

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

in high school one of the kids bullied nearly everyone. He was just an rear end in a top hat, he would randomly spit on people in the hallway, shove you as you walked by, just an all around dick. My friend eventually bullied him back so hard he pretty much stopped entirely. He wrote "sign this if you hate [kid]" on a sheet of notebook paper and it got passed around nearly the whole school before lunch and probably 80+% of our grade had signed it already

an admin found out and somehow managed to take the it from a student. Now these administratiors ate lunch at a side table in the lunch room (poor school lol) and they foolishly left the paper on their lunch table in plain sight. Another friend STOLE IT BACK after a 3rd party distracted them while they were eating and students got back to signing it the rest of the afternoon

of course the victim found out about it and saw the paper but seeing literally everyone notarize their hatred of him must have dissolved his brain because he couldn't direct his hatred at the entire school. the next year the school handbook had a new rule banning all "unapproved petitions"

years later I found out that the bully was crushed to death working on a car that wasn't jacked up securely

i told my friend who started the note the news and he just said "good"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

PokeJoe posted:

in high school one of the kids bullied nearly everyone. He was just an rear end in a top hat, he would randomly spit on people in the hallway, shove you as you walked by, just an all around dick. My friend eventually bullied him back so hard he pretty much stopped entirely. He wrote "sign this if you hate [kid]" on a sheet of notebook paper and it got passed around nearly the whole school before lunch and probably 80+% of our grade had signed it already

an admin found out and somehow managed to take the it from a student. Now these administratiors ate lunch at a side table in the lunch room (poor school lol) and they foolishly left the paper on their lunch table in plain sight. Another friend STOLE IT BACK after a 3rd party distracted them while they were eating and students got back to signing it the rest of the afternoon

of course the victim found out about it and saw the paper but seeing literally everyone notarize their hatred of him must have dissolved his brain because he couldn't direct his hatred at the entire school. the next year the school handbook had a new rule banning all "unapproved petitions"

years later I found out that the bully was crushed to death working on a car that wasn't jacked up securely

i told my friend who started the note the news and he just said "good"

lmfao

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Yeah, some kid we kind of knew said "Miss Honey Rapes Her Money" when we were all vibung to Saturn Bombeman so I told he was poor and smelly and no one liked him and the light went out behind his eyes.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
No. If I thought I had ever been a bully, even for a split second, I would painfully kill myself in public, probably by injecting drain cleaner, because that’s what bullies deserve, horrific, humiliating death.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There were a couple of people who were routinely picked on as I grew up. I ended up friends with some, but I definitely remember at least one person I would harass once in a blue moon.

I hope the dude turned out okay. He seemed to take most of it on the chin, but in hindsight I feel pretty lovely about my actions.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I participated in / was an accessory to teasing a kind of awkward girl that rode home on the same bus as me in middle school. Later on in high school she became a goth girl and like around 10th grade apparently seemed to drop out?? The last I ever saw of her was she was smoking cigarettes with some homeless street punks at a bus stop downtown.

I sometimes think about that and feel guilty that I might have played a part in her dropping out. :smith:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I invented cyberbullying right here on the SA forums.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.
I was never in any one school long enough to figure out who to pick on. My strong independent single mother hated house cleaning, and moved right about when the new place needed dusting. (That and she knew everything so,.couldn't get along with her coworkers or bosses, and changed jobs and then moved regularly to be near her new job which was always going to be better, until it wasn't ) Never went to the same school for a full year. Though I did spend a year in total at one. That was about 1 semester in my freshman year, and 2 semesters in my senior year. I think my record was 4 different schools one year in middleschool

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Not to an egregious degree. I think I've made some lovely little jabs at some of the kids who were already getting targeted, and I regret that much. I was bullied in 7th and 8th grade but had a very chill 4 years of HS, fortunately. I tried to be as approachable as possible, but lovely teens gonna be lovely teens from time to time, I was no exception.

DemonToadGoat
Jan 12, 2015

All my bullies have taught me important lessons, I'm largely grateful to them.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
In high school I was the weird loner in a class of 100 students. I had some good friends but mainly hung out on the peripheries of other friend groups. You know… like a loner. I was a pretty easy target and got some light bullying. Getting randomly called human being in the hallway or put in a headlock here and there, but not really big deal.

There were definitely people waaaay lower than me on the social hierarchy, and I never gave them any poo poo. But there was this one kid who was a giant loser who decided to get in my face for like a year for some reason. I just gave it right back to him, but i guess because people laughed at him when I did it, it kind of felt like bullying. It never sat right with me and thankfully he cooled off and I didn’t have to react to him anymore. That was the closest I ever came to feeling like a bully. I didn’t like it and I’m glad it wasn’t a regular thing for me.

I wonder what I did to piss him off. I think about it sometimes and I legit have no clue. I’m sure he knows though.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

STABASS posted:

I used to compulsively steal things from people. not exactly "cool" bully behavior but I like to think I added a little diversity to the school ecosystem

In my experience, I wouldn’t call this being a “bully”. It’s more just being an annoying dumbass that everyone just rolls their eyes at.

My best friend in high school is still my best friend today, but back then he was the BIGGEST CLEPTO. All his friends knew it. He stole from ALL OF US. We confronted him about it on like a semi annual basis and he would always deny, deny, deny. It was almost comical if it wasn’t so… sad and lame. He never took money (from me, at least) or anything valuable. Just interesting or unusual things.

I can’t count how many times we were chilling at his house, and I would see a video game that I though I misplaced, or a DVD I lost, or some random action figure or airsoft gun.

It would always go the same way. I’d be like, “Why do you have my pocketknife?”

And he’d say, “Oh you must have left it here.” Or “Oh you dropped it and I was going to give it back to you.”

They could hear me roll my eyes on Mars.

Thankfully he grew out of that. It was so goddamn annoying.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

There were definitely people waaaay lower than me on the social hierarchy, and I never gave them any poo poo. But there was this one kid who was a giant loser who decided to get in my face for like a year for some reason. I just gave it right back to him, but i guess because people laughed at him when I did it, it kind of felt like bullying. It never sat right with me and thankfully he cooled off and I didn’t have to react to him anymore. That was the closest I ever came to feeling like a bully. I didn’t like it and I’m glad it wasn’t a regular thing for me.

I wonder what I did to piss him off. I think about it sometimes and I legit have no clue. I’m sure he knows though.

That reminds me about some kid in the 7th grade who, despite me never really interacting with him, decided that I was the bane of his existance and kept trying to start fights with me, telling me about how his dad wants to beat me up (:wtf:) and so on. I just ignored him, because I had no idea what his problem was. One day he snuck up behind me and attacked me, so I slammed him into a desk right as a teacher walked in and, in typical school fashion, we both got into trouble. At least he stopped trying to start fights with me after that.

Years later, late in high school, I ran into him at some event, he recognized me and proceeded to come up to me and start with the aggressive posturing again "REMEMBER ME!?" and so on. I just walked away and never saw him again after that. I still have no idea what I allegedly did to that guy to become his mortal enemy.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

One of the times I changed schools one kid bullied me for a few months when I got there before I found my footing and made friends and got comfortable, but then afterwards for the next three years my friends and I bullied him relentlessly because I knew he was a piece of poo poo who would try to bully new kids who didn't have a support structure or confidence yet. Moving schools sucks and its worse when you've gone to an entirely different country, and he should have known better considering he had to do it too, so he had to suffer for the remaining time i was there.

Caesar Saladin fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 13, 2022

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Nah.

I got bullied a bit but not much. The trick is to come up with a zinger in front of their "friends".

Threaten their popularity and they tend to leave you alone because they can't risk getting owned again.

It depends on the bully, but after trying to just not engage, a good zing can get them to gently caress off.

Sometimes just getting angry instead of ignoring them is what you need to do. If you are threatening they will often nope out as well.

That's my story

pogi
Jun 11, 2014

i was bullied freshman year but he stopped because i smashed his head into a metal locker and knocked him out op

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

Applewhite posted:

To my shame I did. I didn't think that's what I was doing at the time because I was a dweeb who was also the victim of bullying.

Same, I was definitely not a super nice child. 4th-7th grade I was probably at my worst. I did not have a lot of friends, but I still managed to belittle someone in my small friend group fairly regularly. Literally had another friend tell me to cool it and I did for the most part, but I still didn't see myself as the mean poo poo I was.

I repeated the same pattern in high school, joining in mocking an individual who, in retrospect, was probably on the spectrum and had a hard time socializing. I was not the main person doing the bullying in this situation and I never said anything to the kid's face, but I gladly participated in the poo poo-talking and never said anything to stop it.

I always saw myself as an geeky loner type who didn't have a lot of friends, so clearly I couldn't be a bully.
I like to think that I've gained some self-awareness since then and I try to treat others with kindness and understanding to the best of my ability, but when I think about my younger self, those are some of the things I shudder the most at.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
there was this obnoxious dipshit named elon and i would take his lunch money and smash his toy cars and punch him when he said the n word (which was all the time)

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Haha, yeah, I loving pounded some nerds.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
bullying has terrorized and left emotional scars on many, but it also provides crucial experience and lessons for future middle managers, so who can say if its bad or not

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
no but i was a stinky pussy loser so i attracted ppl who were bullied. one of them kept regaling me these insane get-rich-quick schemes, which matter alot when your an almost adult teen. kept telling me these stories of the cia and how he was in the mafia and made hundreds of thousands on boxing matches and how i should join him. also that one night he had sex with a woman and was ejaculating continuously like as he was talking to me. supposedly boxing amateur wise can net you 10k per week if your a good amateur in 2004 dollars. infinite dreamcast coming up!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
i was too busy being bullied to bully anyone op

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

EA Sports posted:

no but i was a stinky pussy loser so i attracted ppl who were bullied. one of them kept regaling me these insane get-rich-quick schemes, which matter alot when your an almost adult teen. kept telling me these stories of the cia and how he was in the mafia and made hundreds of thousands on boxing matches and how i should join him. also that one night he had sex with a woman and was ejaculating continuously like as he was talking to me. supposedly boxing amateur wise can net you 10k per week if your a good amateur in 2004 dollars. infinite dreamcast coming up!

sounds like you should have been bullying them tbh

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Big Beef City posted:

I was the one bullied, generally for most of my time as a middle-schooler, for better or worse.
When I went to HS that totally went away and things were great, whatever. Kids.

In any case, I THINK I was maybe 13-14 or so, and so passed (but not too passed) being bullied, and during a boring summer day, my best friend and I decided to pay a visit to this kid that lived somewhat between our two houses.
We never hung out with this dude because he was maybe two years younger than us or so and didn't hang around with our social circles such as they were, etc. Anyway, the kid was known to think of himself as somewhat hot-poo poo and people sorta just ran with it.

Anyhow we get there and sure enough, he's home and not expecting us, obviously, but we sorta talk our way into 'hanging out'. By which I mean crashing at his place, drinking some soda, and playing his sega for a while and teasing him. Nothing even vicious about the teasing, just enough that I felt bad inside enough doing it and just lovely in general about the whole ordeal. Anyway, we probably spent maybe a couple hours there before heading out without making a mess or laying a hand on him or anything else, but I still felt ridiculous knowing what crappy poo poo I'd been through myself.

Anyway, a couple years go by and I'm about 17-18'ish? I learned that after he'd moved a little ways a way and transferred schools he offed himself.

I never had a chance to really talk to him after that afternoon other than in passing, and I always felt guilt over what I did and I still do all these years later. If that poor kid was bullied into killing themselves and I contributed to that, even unknowingly, and even at the level that I did, one time, that's so terrible of me that I still bum myself out over it thinking about it.

I'm sorry dude.

This explains all of your posts in the Ukraine thread.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Only time I bulled anyone was jumping in on mocking the weird anime kid who constantly told bullshit stories and talked about Hentai all the time in speech class my freshman year.

I found out right before he moved that his whole family of 3 (single dad and 2 kids) lived in a tiny camper in an RV park in pretty bad poverty, and felt like complete poo poo about it.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

yeah but only the one who deserved it, and in retrospect they definitely deserved it because it came out later they were raping their younger sister

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Yes, but I didn’t realize it at the time. Thankfully none of them were hosed up by it

My close friends on the other hand, have all hosed up or killed themselves

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Nah, I spent most of school with a various generations of gameboys, a walk/discman and an empty table in the cafeteria.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

in grade school, I got in a fist fight with my best friend. His name was carlos and he weighed about 3x my weight and he absolutely owned me. In hs, my class was 12 students, and the entire school was about 60 students. It was too small form a workable bullying hierarchy — it was strangely clique-less.

I was drunk and high through most of college, so if anybody was being bullied, I was blissfully unaware.

Buce fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 13, 2022

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

This thread inspired me to watch the bully Netflix doc thing that follows 5 families about bullying, and it really rings home the fact that school sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I didn’t speak up for other kids being bullied which is pretty lovely in retrospect. One girl ran out into the street and tried to commit suicide by car :smith:

Did kinda redeem myself when a kid was taunting my buddy and calling him a human being and other homophobic stuff. Asking him if he wanted a blowjob because he kept talking about being gay made him pretty uncomfortable lol

Wasn’t ever bullied myself which is kind of a miracle considering I was a very skinny dork with crippling anxiety. One kid did tease me a lot until one day I got overwhelmed with anger and somehow performed an idiot-savant judo flip on him.

Which led to a new recess game of “keep asking Fruits to throw you on the ground until he does it”. Which is kinda bullying, but not bad considering nobody was gonna mess with me physically.