Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I was friends with a kid that I bullied when we hit puberty because he was super annoying and then when I hit my early 20s and MySpace was a thing, I apologized to him but he was actually even more annoying somehow and I have no regrets.

I also went to rehab with a total dipshit who said he was bullied and that was his big problem but he bragged about poaching deer and starting fights and being bad at his job so I think his bullies were probably justified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
yeah, he was a neighborhood kid. We played videogames together and got along but when we hit freshman year of high school i did sports and girls and he was a fat kid who was way too into videogames and so I was too cool. When we were maybe 25 I ran into him and apologized for being lovely to him so often. He was confused and said that I was the only person who was ever nice to him which made me feel even worse.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

yeah, he was a neighborhood kid. We played videogames together and got along but when we hit freshman year of high school i did sports and girls and he was a fat kid who was way too into videogames and so I was too cool. When we were maybe 25 I ran into him and apologized for being lovely to him so often. He was confused and said that I was the only person who was ever nice to him which made me feel even worse.

Yeah, that happened to me with a girl who I was mean to in Jr high. She had a bad home situation that I didn't know about until years later. She smelled like poo poo and always came to school looking hosed up.

She met my mom years later at a religious function and said that I was nice to her. I probably was slightly nicer to her than the other kids but I still feel bad about how I acted. :smith:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

putin is a oval office posted:

This explains all of your posts in the Ukraine thread.

imo this thread explains a lot about this whole site

also since this place is a (mostly) anonymous place, i don't think that i've ever seen anywhere as honest discussions about bullying

it has been quite an interesting thread, ty

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Fruits of the sea posted:

I didn’t speak up for other kids being bullied which is pretty lovely in retrospect. One girl ran out into the street and tried to commit suicide by car :smith:

Students not sticking up for other students is a major problem, but nowhere near as bad as teachers and admins doing gently caress all about obvious bullying. You know, actual authority figures...

In 2000 when I was living in an extremely rural town, the one openly gay kid in the school system was bullied extremely harshly out in the open. Teachers and administrators knew, students knew, but nothing happened until his parents drove him out to the city to talk to someone (I have no idea who, maybe the state dept of education? The whole story was pretty second hand) who wasn't part of the local good ol boy network.

The loving rear end covering the school and local cops did was insane. Suddenly we had anti-bullying presentations, teachers who loving watched this poo poo go down in the highschool were lecturing those of us in the middle school section about how bad us horrible children were. Meanwhile literally one of maybe 10 kids who were involved got punished, and of course, the victim himself got a "Zero tolerance" suspension as well.

That kid's family moved away, and my family moved not too long after. gently caress that place.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Deki posted:

Students not sticking up for other students is a major problem, but nowhere near as bad as teachers and admins doing gently caress all about obvious bullying. You know, actual authority figures...

In 2000 when I was living in an extremely rural town, the one openly gay kid in the school system was bullied extremely harshly out in the open. Teachers and administrators knew, students knew, but nothing happened until his parents drove him out to the city to talk to someone (I have no idea who, maybe the state dept of education? The whole story was pretty second hand) who wasn't part of the local good ol boy network.

The loving rear end covering the school and local cops did was insane. Suddenly we had anti-bullying presentations, teachers who loving watched this poo poo go down in the highschool were lecturing those of us in the middle school section about how bad us horrible children were. Meanwhile literally one of maybe 10 kids who were involved got punished, and of course, the victim himself got a "Zero tolerance" suspension as well.

That kid's family moved away, and my family moved not too long after. gently caress that place.

There has to be a latent massive sex abuse scandal coming up in American public schooling, right? Given background rates of child sexual abuse, and America's less than sterling reputation regarding the governance of education, there's no way there aren't dozens of serial pedophiles being protected by schools.

If Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State can be brought down by this, there's no way the local school board in Nether Fuckwallop, South Dakota can be doing any better.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I was always a short guy, and mostly the picking others did on me growing up was related to being a short male. I got some flak but especially as I got into middle and high school the class size got larger and larger and I became pretty easy to ignore.

I have definitely been a bully too. Very specifically when I was in elementary school I pressured friends not to hang out with people I didn't like, and pulled away my effort in being friends with them when they did start seeing my rivals more often. Also def had some friendships with people whom I certainly antagonized to feel superior. I'm pretty ashamed about the way I handled a lot of things in my past.

What's your story about bullying, CC?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

rear end-penny posted:

I was always a short guy, and mostly the picking others did on me growing up was related to being a short male. I got some flak but especially as I got into middle and high school the class size got larger and larger and I became pretty easy to ignore.

I have definitely been a bully too. Very specifically when I was in elementary school I pressured friends not to hang out with people I didn't like, and pulled away my effort in being friends with them when they did start seeing my rivals more often. Also def had some friendships with people whom I certainly antagonized to feel superior. I'm pretty ashamed about the way I handled a lot of things in my past.

What's your story about bullying, CC?

Hows the weather down there shorty lol

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm not sure i believe all of the stories of goons that obliterated their bullies with their most powerful special attack

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Yeah, I did. And it bothers me today.
We should all have been friends, we could have ruled that neighbourhood. Instead because I was a little older I had to be a tough guy.
I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to apologize or make it up to them, either.
Fuckin' sucks.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This poster took a few levels when, after years of being a Woobie so pitiful Shinji would say what the heck is wrong with you, I had enough of a girl I liked always going for this tall, blond guy. When they were talking right in front of me in the street and holding arms and talking and all that, I said, "Shut. The. Hell. Up." The boy looks around and walks over, trying to look menacing. Martial arts studies come in. I take a punch to the forehead and then slide under and punch him in the stomach, he goes backwards and I land another one to his face. I then go berserk and full body tackle him. He managed to crawl away, and say, "That kid...is inhuman!"

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

I'm not sure i believe all of the stories of goons that obliterated their bullies with their most powerful special attack

To be fair, I'm pretty sure my power attack only works on 9-year olds :v:

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Yeah. I got picked on in that Biff Tannen way that everyone says is unrealistic, down to one of them pretending that they were going to run me over with a car. It stopped after our "boys will boys" principal got fired over one kid getting so bullied he had to switch schools. In those last years, I turned around and bullied the kids that bullied me. I also was lovely to people who were just bystanders to the point where I wrote apology letters to them after graduation. All of them said that didn't mind and that they took as fun ribbing and that I was beating myself up too much. I still feel bad about it everyday, though.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
The only kid we picked on was the weird guy who printed out hentai and kept it in a folder in his binder.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Now that guy probes you on online forums, makes you think

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Deki posted:

My school was loving terrible for this. The school's official approach to bullying was literally 'just stand up for yourself', but given that the school had a zero-tolerance policy on fights (instant expulsion if the wrong teacher or head found out) there was basically gently caress all kids who were bullied could do except hope that maybe some brutal zingers would get the bullies to back off.

In my year at least there weren't really any proper bullies, there were a few 'hard' kids that went off the rails a bit but none of them really bullied anyone. The closest we had where the weaselly, snivelly lovely kids who weren't brave enough to start poo poo by themselves but would occasionally assemble in enough numbers to target someone for a few days.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Unfortunately, yeah. I was a physically handicapped kid with an obvious limp, so in elementary school there were jokes about walking like a penguin here and there. I don't think anyone in my grade did this, though; as far as I can remember they never treated me differently.

Middle school was hell. Specifically, gym class was hell. I didn't run the mile in eight minutes, so I wasn't a "real man". I was chubbier than the other guys, so I had "jelly rolls", etc etc. But I also gave as good as I got. There was a proto-goth girl in my class who wore black makeup, so I repeatedly called her a "freak". Sorry, Ashley. The one and only time I was ever suspended was after relentlessly teasing a kid who was probably on the spectrum in the lunchroom one day (this was right after Columbine, so zero tolerance rules were in place). I don't know where any of that came from because I've always had a strong sense of justice and hated bullies.

A change of scenery did wonders for me. Before my sophomore year of high school, my family moved from my hometown and I switched to a small rural school. My classmates liked me for who I was and for the first time ever, I was actually fairly popular. I like to think I was one of the better popular kids because for the most part, I got along with everyone.

I can't believe I admitted all of this on a comedy forum...

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I don't think I ever bullied anyone, but me and a friend made fun of a really fat girl where she couldn't see or hear us and I still feel guilty about it today.

I was also friends with a fat short redheaded kid named Josh Seamans. In Gym class the coach made a spectacle of him by making him try to do sit-ups even though he was too fat to really do so and everyone was watching and it was really embarrassing for him. I think he cried. I was friends with him because I was a big nerd and felt bad for the dude. He was like the perfectly spherical platonic ideal of a bullied kid.

I on the other hand had my life threatened a bunch by huge, dangerous assholes who tried to break into my house and poo poo but I'm not sure where that crosses the line from "bullying" to "assault."

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Cool Dad posted:

I don't think I ever bullied anyone, but me and a friend made fun of a really fat girl where she couldn't see or hear us and I still feel guilty about it today.

I was also friends with a fat short redheaded kid named Josh Seamans. In Gym class the coach made a spectacle of him by making him try to do sit-ups even though he was too fat to really do so and everyone was watching and it was really embarrassing for him. I think he cried. I was friends with him because I was a big nerd and felt bad for the dude. He was like the perfectly spherical platonic ideal of a bullied kid.

I on the other hand had my life threatened a bunch by huge, dangerous assholes who tried to break into my house and poo poo but I'm not sure where that crosses the line from "bullying" to "assault."

I hope you guys all called him josh cum or something lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i know u fuckin dweebs have trouble reading with ur fuckin 4 eyes, but this is a thread for bullies, not being bullied

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

That DICK! posted:

i know u fuckin dweebs have trouble reading with ur fuckin 4 eyes, but this is a thread for bullies, not being bullied

SHUT UP, stop telling the nerds h'ta post Numb Nuts!!!!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i got a wet willy in 2008 because i thought it was funny to blast rear end when everyone was quiet taking some standardized test. i didnt even know what hit me until like a day later. like why would you stick a finger in some kids ear, now you have my nasty ear wax all over you. maybe it was a sex thing.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
My school had bunch of people mostly middle class, a couple kids whose parents were fairly rich and some dirt kids.

Nobody really bothered most of the dirt kids, but we had a couple who were just "the chosen ones".

Chosen to be hosed with. They were all really nice kids, but bad luck was on their side and they took a lot of poo poo.
I was one of the ones who hosed with them because I was naturally a big smart rear end and I wanted to fit in with the cool kids.

Make your own judgements about me, some people are just straight up assholes, while others do that sort of thing because they just want to fit in or not be the one who gets hosed with.

Growing up is a hosed up thing to experience.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I noticed a weird dynamic where some combinations of kids would create the environment for terrible bullying. Some kids were moved to different classes or schools and after that the remaining bullies chilled out. Kids definitely have some weird social dynamics.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I beat ur rear end

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I am an adult bully

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Hell yea dude bullying was awesome. You could make kids do what you want, get free money from them, and if you're ever feeling down you just target the weak kids and instantly feel better about yourself. poo poo rules and you can just stop after high school.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Grem posted:

Hell yea dude bullying was awesome. You could make kids do what you want, get free money from them, and if you're ever feeling down you just target the weak kids and instantly feel better about yourself. poo poo rules and you can just stop after high school.

A good number of people never stop!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

In 8th grade my friend and I would bully the school guidance counselor. Does that count?

In our defense that guy sucked pretty bad.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Hell Gem
we convinced then slow kid to put icy hot on his balls in the gym locker room

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Bum the Sad posted:

lol

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Hell Gem

yeah it was really mean but its still loving funny to this day

him yelling and splashing his balls in the sink

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
To my enduring shame, I did. Not often but it happened. There are three occasions that really stick in my mind. One, when I was in first grade I believe, is so horrific I can't even post about it, I also can hardly remember the exact details. But I talked about some really dark family poo poo I had heard about a girl without really understanding what it meant. Despite my lack of comprehension, it was inexcusable.

I also treated some people I considered friends in a manner I regret. Just giving them a hard time for no reason. There were probably hundreds of worse bullies at my school, but I still wish so much I could take it all back. I did apologize in some cases, and many of them ended up friends with me, but still poo poo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I also pushed a kid with physical disabilities (some kind of bad spine, walked with a limp and spoke in a somewhat slurred manner) over a fence and face first into a big bush.

To be fair the kid was an enormous dick, bizarrely he was a massive bully and just hosed with everyone he could all the time. But in retrospect he was probably just going on the offensive to keep himself from being bullied as he probably had before high school. I snapped after he hosed with me and other people one too many times but I regret it, surely there was a better way to address that situation.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I thought bullying was largely fictional growing up in Alaska. Sometimes we'd get transfer students to our village who would try messing with people then they'd get their rear end handed to them once somebody lost patience.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bum the Sad posted:

ahhh man that reminds me. slow kid came into lunch on halloween dressed up as dracula, classic dracula. there was a girl in school he had a big crush on and i was like, uh oh, you're not gonna go biting [girl]s neck are you? i go about my business, eat my lunch, then there's a big cafeteria commotion, motherfucker did it! not an intentional act of bullying but i reflect on it fondly so it counts probably.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I thought bullying was largely fictional growing up in Alaska. Sometimes we'd get transfer students to our village who would try messing with people then they'd get their rear end handed to them once somebody lost patience.

I didn't really encounter bullying until I got moved from Oregon to Connecticut due to a change of parental custody. Holy poo poo was that a culture shock, but thankfully it only lasted a couple years.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
If I had a kid and they were a bully I’d sell them to the North Korean foreign legion. Bullies are worse than nazis and child molesters combined, assuming they aren’t also bullies.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ah yes dumb hormonal children are worse than nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ah yes dumb hormonal children are worse than nazis

Nazis at least have the decency to be dead for 80 years.