Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Only time I bulled anyone was jumping in on mocking the weird anime kid who constantly told bullshit stories and talked about Hentai all the time in speech class my freshman year.

I found out right before he moved that his whole family of 3 (single dad and 2 kids) lived in a tiny camper in an RV park in pretty bad poverty, and felt like complete poo poo about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Fruits of the sea posted:

I didn’t speak up for other kids being bullied which is pretty lovely in retrospect. One girl ran out into the street and tried to commit suicide by car :smith:

Students not sticking up for other students is a major problem, but nowhere near as bad as teachers and admins doing gently caress all about obvious bullying. You know, actual authority figures...

In 2000 when I was living in an extremely rural town, the one openly gay kid in the school system was bullied extremely harshly out in the open. Teachers and administrators knew, students knew, but nothing happened until his parents drove him out to the city to talk to someone (I have no idea who, maybe the state dept of education? The whole story was pretty second hand) who wasn't part of the local good ol boy network.

The loving rear end covering the school and local cops did was insane. Suddenly we had anti-bullying presentations, teachers who loving watched this poo poo go down in the highschool were lecturing those of us in the middle school section about how bad us horrible children were. Meanwhile literally one of maybe 10 kids who were involved got punished, and of course, the victim himself got a "Zero tolerance" suspension as well.

That kid's family moved away, and my family moved not too long after. gently caress that place.