Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
To be, or not to be, that is the question:
I like existing thank you very much
Mom should have swallowed instead
View Results

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
They couldn't loving cram me back in, OP. I was gnashing and fighting. I took out three male nurses before they took me down with the tranq gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Usually but at this moment I have a good chance at getting some dick from a dude that's way, way hotter than me

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I'll probably go back to hating life right after I've had that dick or most likely fail to get that dick.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Being alive is more interesting than not. There's a lot of things that suck about life but the things that don't are pretty cool and I like being able to see more of those. :unsmith:

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

honestly, being able to take psychedelics is a cool reason to be alive

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I like to pretend I am a race car sometimes and that's pretty cool

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Just watch It's a Wonderful Life, OP

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Devils Affricate posted:

Just watch It's a Wonderful Life, OP

Good idea, I've always been meaning to watch it but never got to it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
you can't not exist

rejoice.

death is not the end

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

kntfkr posted:

you can't not exist

rejoice.

death is not the end

Yea but I gotta pay God those taxes I owe when I die so I dunno how I'm gonna deal with that when the time comes

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
lol, god's a schmuck. Just claim a few dependents. Despite what they say no one up there is checking poo poo.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

The universe is either random and stupid, or it’s a really careless mistake, but I’d rather be alive, even if it’s for nothing. Just hoping that it is, or eventually see things in a grander scheme; maybe when I die. Life is sometimes cool, but the thing that sucks is that the novelty mostly goes downhill as you age, and there’s a chance I could suffer really hard when I’m dying, and put up a good fight trying to live, and experience the very worst things imaginable until I give in with my last breath. Still worth it, but I’ve got to be proactive and keep expanding my horizons.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd rather not, OP. Alas I clearly didn't have much choice in that regard.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Albert Camus posted:

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that
is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to
answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest—
whether or not the world has three dimensions, whether the mind
has nine or twelve categories—comes afterwards. These are
games; one must first answer. And if it is true, as Nietzsche claims,
that a philosopher, to deserve our respect, must preach by example,
you can appreciate the importance of that reply, for it will precede
the definitive act. These are facts the heart can feel; yet they call
for careful study before they become clear to the intellect

Camus more or less goes on to say that life is worth living and it's better to be alive than not be alive because life is pleasant and enjoyable in its immediate pleasures, but man it's a bleak book to read if you don't find much pleasure in your day to day goings-on.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you have severe dysphagia to the point where you can't control your own saliva you start drowning on it and living in a state of being waterboarded 24/7, no amount of small joys and immediate pleasures will set that net experience to positive.

I'm not an anti-natalist because I believe negative utilitarianism benefits more from having a species aware of it and in the pursuit of minimizing pain, but good lord if I had never been born it would have been a net positive in subjective experience for the universe.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 12, 2022

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yea but I gotta pay God those taxes I owe when I die so I dunno how I'm gonna deal with that when the time comes

you better think of something FAST

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I already pissed off the first quarter of my life and I'm on my way to wasting the next one, so in a sense ime it was kinda of a wash so far and I don't see how it gets any better tbqh

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I’m gonna be killing and dethroning God in the next couple weeks, just hang on bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
If you dont exist all you're gonna do is sit around the void until you're bored AGAIN