Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
For what it's worth whatever they did during the downtime this morning almost has the game back to normal. Occasionally the game would stall for a second but I just banged out 500,000 iron cups in like 12 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

it's 10000 necklaces, as a heads up

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kaboobi posted:

it's 10000 necklaces, as a heads up

What is?

Edit: oh, right :smith:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
2000 AP
7 Borgan bucks
2000 LN

Not too bad, but it took ~10,000 LN

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

I just looked up the Better Late Than Never quest line, and it's an outrage! Here I am scrounging up hundreds of fish bones and the big reward at the end is locked behind having 99 in all skills! (Also 200 bottles of wine, but that's probably less of an issue for you if you're that far into the game already).

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Better late than never I guess

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

koshmar posted:

2000 AP
7 Borgan bucks
2000 LN

Not too bad, but it took ~10,000 LN

Yeah. I was able to double up some of the net usage with needs for PAMRATS. Also did exploring in BRC for some of the necklace pieces and got the last of the Ruby Scorpions I needed as well.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

koshmar posted:

For what it's worth whatever they did during the downtime this morning almost has the game back to normal. Occasionally the game would stall for a second but I just banged out 500,000 iron cups in like 12 minutes.

Yeah same, like not much if any lag for the last several days for me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah it’s been pretty good last few days. Not quite back to where it was, but close enough.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Getting really close. This is starmap 10.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm blue dabba dee dabba daa

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

quote:

SMALL UPDATES:
- New craftable items: Green Twine Purple Twine Blue Twine Red Diary Blue Diary Blue Parchment Red Parchment Pitchfork
- There is a new Temple to get one of Borgen's Belts
- As of 14 Feb 2024, most of the lag issues have been resolved. We hope you can tell!
- Small bug fixes

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
lol 4000 mugs of beer for that belt

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

monkeytennis posted:

lol 4000 mugs of beer for that belt

already done with 1000 leftover, what’s next

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I also had enough, but I don’t love progression gated behind things you can’t do anything to actively work towards. Granted the belt does nothing for now, but they’ve discussed making the belts have some effect, I think.

I kinda feel the same way about being stuck behind the Lemonade and LN MMs for the last new tower levels, which are technically but not feasibly grindable. But at least I can work towards them actively - they just don’t feel great.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ruggan posted:

I also had enough, but I don’t love progression gated behind things you can’t do anything to actively work towards. Granted the belt does nothing for now, but they’ve discussed making the belts have some effect, I think.

I kinda feel the same way about being stuck behind the Lemonade and LN MMs for the last new tower levels, which are technically but not feasibly grindable. But at least I can work towards them actively - they just don’t feel great.

yeah i've not rushed to smash out the tower because i'm awhile off those two masteries, but yeah the mugs of beer is a little bit annoying. as it was i was slowly building my duck collection to eventually get the mail box... this just makes it worse.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I just don’t trust stuff like this. I’ve been burned too many times selling or trading stuff then shortly afterwards getting a quest that needs the same item.

Hand over 4000 beers for a belt and you watch - there will be a quest next week that requires 1000 beers.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

monkeytennis posted:

I just don’t trust stuff like this. I’ve been burned too many times selling or trading stuff then shortly afterwards getting a quest that needs the same item.

Hand over 4000 beers for a belt and you watch - there will be a quest next week that requires 1000 beers.

You fling around numbers like that, or makes the offers at the exchange look like a sick, sick joke.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
Turning in a request for 2000 necklaces and immediately getting another copy of the exact same 2000 necklace request is so disheartening

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

kaptainkaffeine posted:

Turning in a request for 2000 necklaces and immediately getting another copy of the exact same 2000 necklace request is so disheartening

Yeah I checked ahead on buddy farm and saw that 10,000 necklaces in total wasn’t worth the reward.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

If you’ve got large nets you can knock it out real quick

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Whew just mega mastered OJ. I bought 50k or 60k OJ ish from borgen on Wednesday plus a bunch of mushroom stew to get there.

Now just need these sturdy shields. Been cranking the hickory omlettes for a few days to move it along.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Wow, no one really cares about the audio quests.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I suppose unless it’s something you need for accessibility reasons it’s not going to be important. Personally I play without sound so have never listened to them.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

koshmar posted:

Wow, no one really cares about the audio quests.

Honestly, I barely read the text quests. If it’s more than a paragraph: :shrug:

monkeytennis posted:

I suppose unless it’s something you need for accessibility reasons it’s not going to be important. Personally I play without sound so have never listened to them.

The game has sound? Huh.

Not that I’d use it though, because I’m one of those people that perpetually has their phone on silent.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

if i wanted to hear other people speak i'd leave the house

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
New quest dropped.

It needs 13 of each card suite and 4 jokers total.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:smug:

Also I'm out of clubs. :rip:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

H110Hawk posted:

Also I'm out of clubs. :rip:

Sent some Clubs your way

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

koshmar posted:

Sent some Clubs your way

Thanks! Are you short on any? I was trending down on them always because the deals that wanted them were always 4 clubs. I have a bunch of the other ones.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I'm good thanks, my lowest count is 47 spades, but I just dumped 13 of them for the quest so I'm not hurting.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

koshmar posted:

I'm good thanks, my lowest count is 47 spades, but I just dumped 13 of them for the quest so I'm not hurting.

drat, 47?

I have 19s, 6d, 18c, 46h, 35j (after the quest) but apparently I spend way more? Or I just suck at the card game lol.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I have uhhhh
100S, 108D, 144C, 128H, 72J

what am I even supposed to do with them I don't want the buddyjack rewards 70% of the time

Anyway the big news of the day is an orchard expansion, 1000 more of each tree

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I usually grab the cookies and the Borgan bucks when they show up, but there really isn't much of anything else.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, I grab the cookies and AP, I already have a few of each of the unique items and the single buck doesn't seem worth it when I can churn through 100000AC in a minute when there's something in the weekly shop I want

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yikes 500 gold and nearly 50 billion later I have larger orchards.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I may go for Green Top Hat GM this month. I ground out 10k this morning (now at 20k mastery) and the only thing that’ll be tough is cotton… but with cookies and GJ and mega cotton seeds that’s probably doable.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Thanks for the diamonds Koshmar!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
No problem!

In other news, today was a Jill day. It took about 19,000 LN but I took her from 93 to 99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ruggan posted:

I may go for Green Top Hat GM this month. I ground out 10k this morning (now at 20k mastery) and the only thing that’ll be tough is cotton… but with cookies and GJ and mega cotton seeds that’s probably doable.

How's the clover harvest going? I know it's easy to farm, but 20 AC gets me something like 200 four leaf clovers. When you need 4 per hat, that's... 100k * 4 / 1.45 (resource saver etc) / 10 (clover per AC) = 27k AC unless I've overlooked something.

Edit: there's mastery bonuses too, that would bring the total down a good bit.

NFX fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 3, 2024