Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

NFX posted:

How's the clover harvest going? I know it's easy to farm, but 20 AC gets me something like 200 four leaf clovers. When you need 4 per hat, that's... 100k * 4 / 1.45 (resource saver etc) / 10 (clover per AC) = 27k AC unless I've overlooked something.

Edit: there's mastery bonuses too, that would bring the total down a good bit.

I didn’t do the grind yesterday so no comment, but you’re right that I’m down on clovers from where I started. Maybe that’ll be the limiting factor here, and not cotton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I accidentally blasted a mega cotton triple cookie into oblivion. :rip:

Little star showed up just before I hit harvest. So who knows how much of the previous one I did.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

koshmar posted:

No problem!

In other news, today was a Jill day. It took about 19,000 LN but I took her from 93 to 99

Congrats. Even with multiple browse tabs, that's quite a tedious task.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Thanks, I used my phone and PC in tandem to speed up the process.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Any spare Spades gratefully accepted by Fiji Pete. They're the only ones I've been spending, ruined this quest for myself

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
New Temple goal just added, asking for 20,000 3 Leaf Clovers.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Genericide posted:

Any spare Spades gratefully accepted by Fiji Pete. They're the only ones I've been spending, ruined this quest for myself
sent you 13 clubs as well because i'm an idiot - unlucky for some

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Hold up, I'll send them back. Thanks for the spades

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sheesh. Where do I get more grass hoppers from again?

I’ve got 1,800. All i can do is the well and whatever my level 7 lemur gives.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wait, not even the wishing well. Pfft

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

poo poo, good question

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmm asking Spoilers chat saw someone dump 1200 on me so.. that's solved

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Bell or spider in the well

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ah yeah, so there is.

Still, there’s no way I’d have gotten 1,200 by end of month from the lemur and well.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Probably not, well, pet, or exchange exclusive items are kind of bullshit, especially in the numbers they sometimes want.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

koshmar posted:

Probably not, well, pet, or exchange exclusive items are kind of bullshit, especially in the numbers they sometimes want.

Yeah, this. I maintain that it’s unfun to have requests ask for stuff you can’t reasonably grind in some way.

Expensive is ok. Not achievable is not. Doubly so if the item isn’t mailable.

At least grasshoppers you can get from other people that have excess, but nevertheless.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ruggan posted:

Yeah, this. I maintain that it’s unfun to have requests ask for stuff you can’t reasonably grind in some way.

Expensive is ok. Not achievable is not. Doubly so if the item isn’t mailable.

At least grasshoppers you can get from other people that have excess, but nevertheless.

yeah this.

when i started the game last year it was obvious i'd miss out on some stuff because i couldn't afford to grind it out in time and that was okay.

but sitting on 11,000ap that can't help me get grass hoppers at all.. and having to rely solely on someone else who has had their pet lemur lvl 7+ for far longer seems... poor design?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Using Kings mastery guide to plough through the mega masteries to climb the tower, at 185 now

This is getting mad expensive

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

NFX posted:

How's the clover harvest going? I know it's easy to farm, but 20 AC gets me something like 200 four leaf clovers. When you need 4 per hat, that's... 100k * 4 / 1.45 (resource saver etc) / 10 (clover per AC) = 27k AC unless I've overlooked something.

Edit: there's mastery bonuses too, that would bring the total down a good bit.

Well, I’m at 40k mastery and I’m starting to feel the clover crunch. You were right, maybe this isn’t doable this year, but I’ve made some progress nevertheless.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
If anyone is flush with Diamonds I could use some IGN Rattimus.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Argh tower level 233 needs MM in horseshoes. I’m like 700k short and even having them in the craftworks doesn’t take away all the hassle.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xeras posted:

If anyone is flush with Diamonds I could use some IGN Rattimus.

The card or the gem?

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

NFX posted:

The card or the gem?

The card. I have lots of the gem

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

monkeytennis posted:

Argh tower level 233 needs MM in horseshoes. I’m like 700k short and even having them in the craftworks doesn’t take away all the hassle.

Yeah I looked at the MM list a few days after 200 opened, setup some craftworks templates for the obvious stuff I hadn’t done yet (like iron cups!) and went back to focus on the seasonal quests and starmap.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I hate mega masteries.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

The Masteries page is a real pain to navigate

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I hit tower 200 and holy balls starmap and pamrats are looking pretty endgame

In need of a bunch of grasshoppers (have 2k and need 1k more) if anyone has spare

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Hit the point in the game where I seem to be main quest gated by level 6 pet upgrades. Wondering if there's better money sources than sturdy bows right now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh hey when did the new orchard upgrade pop up in farm supply?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Griddle of Love posted:

Hit the point in the game where I seem to be main quest gated by level 6 pet upgrades. Wondering if there's better money sources than sturdy bows right now.

fishing becomes the next best source of silver, but it'll depends on what you have unlocked now if that's viable.

can you scale up your farm production facilities so you're pumping out bows and lanterns at a greater pace?

blue coin purses are excellent money if you're grinding those areas for quests, but probably not cost effective to go after specifically.

edit: you're making lanterns yeah?

https://farmrpg.com/#!/wiki.php?page=Crafting+Advice

https://farmrpg.com/#!/wiki.php?page=Late%20Game%20Crafting%20Advice

hambeet fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Mar 11, 2024

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Beasteh posted:

I hit tower 200 and holy balls starmap and pamrats are looking pretty endgame

In need of a bunch of grasshoppers (have 2k and need 1k more) if anyone has spare

just sent you all i had (350)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Those were caterpillars but I appreciate the sentiment

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lmao gently caress.

Okay in my defence I’ve been at the beach all day.

I’ve got heaps of grass hoppers coming your way

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

It's cool giveaway chat sorted me out but thanks!

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

hambeet posted:

fishing becomes the next best source of silver, but it'll depends on what you have unlocked now if that's viable.

can you scale up your farm production facilities so you're pumping out bows and lanterns at a greater pace?

blue coin purses are excellent money if you're grinding those areas for quests, but probably not cost effective to go after specifically.

edit: you're making lanterns yeah?

https://farmrpg.com/#!/wiki.php?page=Crafting+Advice

https://farmrpg.com/#!/wiki.php?page=Late%20Game%20Crafting%20Advice

Yeah, to dump my magicite and have something that doesn't need mushroom paste. I inadvertent burned the majority of my stamina on forest explore just for those drat shrooms, I'll try farming them instead while my OJ reserves recover.

I have been sleeping on pipes and blue coin bags, and fishing will pick up after the pet locked main quest progress. So I guess I'm mostly on the right track, thanks!

The Vikings
Jul 3, 2004

ODIN!!!!!

Nap Ghost
If anyone has extra grasshoppers I need 400 more, don't think I'm going to make it on my own to complete the quest by the end of the month.

@The Vikings

Thanks.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sent some your way.

actual grasshoppers this time, too.

The Vikings
Jul 3, 2004

ODIN!!!!!

Nap Ghost

hambeet posted:

sent some your way.

actual grasshoppers this time, too.
Got what I needed now, thanks much!

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Can anyone spare four Spades? @Starkk in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

^^^ Gotcha.

Nice series of quests for Toriyama now, with a cranberry juice at the end (I loving love these things)