Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Erwin posted:

The biggest challenge I'm having at the moment (82/92/91/79) is balancing resources so I'm not waisting anything while exploring with a full inventory. For instance, I'm currently exploring Whispering Creek for salt rock, however my oak keeps filling up. Oak products sell for enough that I don't want to just waste the oak. So I make guitars and drums, but that means I have to get leather, make twine, get carbon spheres, but then exploring the forest and Mount Banon are filling up my antlers and coal, so then I have to make nets and explosives, but then I have to fish to make room, yadda yadda. Just a lot of bouncing back and forth. Not to mention I'm growing mushrooms full time to keep the paste flowing.

Honestly sitting back and growing corn every 48 minutes or whatever would be nice. I'm still in corn jail but I'm just ignoring it for now.

Yeah, everyone hates on Corn Jail but at least it is simple and straightforward. I just sell the Oak and Slimestone, void the rarer drops to ensure I always have an inventory full of them, and make Garnet Rings and the odd Fancy Drum or Sturdy Bow when pet drops make it possible. I don't think Fancy Guitars are ever worth it, though, due to how much Steel Wire it requires. Those Carbon Spheres have much better uses. But I am also making getting to 99 Exploring my main priority of Exploring, which is obvious not optimal in the present for Silver but I think will be in the long run, which means just blasting away at Whispering Creek non-stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

What I wouldn't give for a "sell all but 400" button or similar.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I updated the second post, but in case you don't see it, the Anniversary event has been updated and extended until the afternoon of Monday, May 16th (I believe the game uses US Central Time for reference). The Silver/XP bonus has been updated from 2%/1k to 3%/1k, so the global bonus jumped from 19% to 26%, meaning we are officially in "better than a normal event" territory. Need another 5000 players before we get the full 40%, so if you've signed up but haven't gotten a Hot Potato yet, make sure to ask in chat for one, and if you haven't jumped into the game yet, get on it!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have a hot potato, I need to send it to someone

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Erwin posted:

What I wouldn't give for a "sell all but 400" button or similar.

i solved this by spending a shitload of gold and silver on expanding my storehouse

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
In as El Generico. I kinda like this.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I'm real bad at figuring out what to spend upgrade points on in games.

What's the general gist of what to spend my mastery points for the real early game? Are the +10% xp masteries worthwhile or should I just get the ones that deal with getting more resources?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

bbcisdabomb posted:

I'm real bad at figuring out what to spend upgrade points on in games.

What's the general gist of what to spend my mastery points for the real early game? Are the +10% xp masteries worthwhile or should I just get the ones that deal with getting more resources?

The aforementioned Perk Tier List by Bhelogan, though a bit out of date, covers both Mastery Perks and Gold Perks. Negotiator/Resource Saver/Quicker Farming are all things you'll want to get as soon as possible, preferably in that order.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Klungar posted:

The aforementioned Perk Tier List by Bhelogan, though a bit out of date, covers both Mastery Perks and Gold Perks. Negotiator/Resource Saver/Quicker Farming are all things you'll want to get as soon as possible, preferably in that order.

Thanks, that's good advice to start with and I missed your link earlier.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
The in game library has a ton of helpful information and reading material. The get rich quick guide is where I started, so far it's been paying out. Also I spent an embarrassing amount of money, probably don't do that

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Munkeylord posted:

The in game library has a ton of helpful information and reading material. The get rich quick guide is where I started, so far it's been paying out. Also I spent an embarrassing amount of money, probably don't do that

I mean, if you have gold burning a hole in your pocket, I can find some good places to invest it...

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Klungar posted:

Yeah, everyone hates on Corn Jail but at least it is simple and straightforward. I just sell the Oak and Slimestone, void the rarer drops to ensure I always have an inventory full of them, and make Garnet Rings and the odd Fancy Drum or Sturdy Bow when pet drops make it possible. I don't think Fancy Guitars are ever worth it, though, due to how much Steel Wire it requires. Those Carbon Spheres have much better uses. But I am also making getting to 99 Exploring my main priority of Exploring, which is obvious not optimal in the present for Silver but I think will be in the long run, which means just blasting away at Whispering Creek non-stop.

100% agree with this post and I do exactly the same with oak etc. Garnet Rings are great for making loads of cash.

I’ve got 1600 lava/inferno spheres just waiting for that bonus to go up. Holding my nerve.

I added everyone itt I think. I’m 4 x 99 and have loads of everything - if you’re newish and in need of anything just shout!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Just hit 94 crafting. One more level until I can dye my leather stockpile.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 13, 2022

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I'm feeling like my resource bottlenecks are really asymmetrical early game. Like I never have enough wood or stone to craft stuff to level up crafting (or to get another 700k to get my sawmill going), but I'm already getting my exploration skill to about double my crafting skill. Dunno, I'm sure it'll even out later.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I’ll eventually update the OP with little stuff like this, but tip for new folks: when you hit Level 20 Farming, you’ll unlock Mailbox Passwords at the Post Office. By entering a password, you can earn lots of neat stuff as a new player, ranging from stuff you’ll need for quests, some bunches of Silver and Gold, and items from past seasonal events. One of these, Candy (from the Halloween event) will sell for a huge chunk of change, and can make a huge difference in getting your Sawmill up and running and starting your Silver engine running. Normally it is not advised to sell items like that that are hard to acquire and may be needed for future quests, but getting the Sawmill as early as possible is so important, and the Candy is relatively common as far as event items go, that I’m hard pressed telling anyone to hold on to it for a hypothetical when it is so useful in the present. All of the Mailbox Passwords can be found in the Library, check out the Mailbox Passwords and Spoilers pages for all of them.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I figure I'll give this a shot because I'm addicted to idle games. Might not stick around because mobile games arne't normally my thing.

There is a space to put in a referral when I register an account, is there any benefit to the referrer for that? Does some random goon want a gem or w/e currency they'd get.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Incredible prank by the devs to put a quest for yet more corn in this anniversary event

edit: quests, plural, lmao

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Agent355 posted:

I figure I'll give this a shot because I'm addicted to idle games. Might not stick around because mobile games arne't normally my thing.

There is a space to put in a referral when I register an account, is there any benefit to the referrer for that? Does some random goon want a gem or w/e currency they'd get.

The referrer and the referee both get some benefits, which are nice but not groundbreaking. My code is in the OP and another goon has a sheet they are capturing codes in.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah what the hell let's check this poo poo out

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay there is an inventory cap per item, is there also a cap on number of items? Because giving how this crafting and quests look it sorta feels liek I should just horde every last thing until I'm sure I don't need it and/or I need money for some reason.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Agent355 posted:

Okay there is an inventory cap per item, is there also a cap on number of items? Because giving how this crafting and quests look it sorta feels liek I should just horde every last thing until I'm sure I don't need it and/or I need money for some reason.

nope, just horde em

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Agent355 posted:

Just a cap per item. Be aware that Ancient Coins, though they seem like currency, are also subject to the inventory cap.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
You can also check if you have anything at your inventory cap by typing “max” in the search bar of the Farmers Market or Inventory screens. I forget who posted that to the iOS thread but it’s really useful.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I'm Koshmar in game, I just started and I already have a potato, who needs one?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

If you’ve been playing for a while and have a stockpile of Beets, now seems like an ideal time to sell them. An effective 66% bonus due to the double stacking event bonus is too good to pass up.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Klungar posted:

Wait what do you mean by void? Do I need to be eliminating existing stuff in my inventory to get xp for new stuff or something?

Agent355 posted:

Just fyi you can also do the online version on your computer 👍🏻

tildes fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 14, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How do I even send someone one of these potatoes?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

explosivo posted:

How do I even send someone one of these potatoes?

I'm assuming I need a higher level to see my inbox? Not sure but it says I have a potato but I can't get to it.

edit: Nevermind, have to actually go to the post office in town

koshmar fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 14, 2022

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah you can take things out of your mailbox immediately but you can't send things until level 10 farming, so the hot potatoes people keep giving you will stick around for a bit.

What should I be spending my initial gold on? The game is giving me a fair bit but I don't really know where the real value is there.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

monkeytennis posted:

100% agree with this post and I do exactly the same with oak etc. Garnet Rings are great for making loads of cash.

I’ve got 1600 lava/inferno spheres just waiting for that bonus to go up. Holding my nerve.

I added everyone itt I think. I’m 4 x 99 and have loads of everything - if you’re newish and in need of anything just shout!

Hello inferno spheres today. Almost pulled the trigger on selling my stockpile but I guess I’ll wait to eke out a few more percent as the hot potato bonus increases throughout the day

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm getting bored with manual fishing and I need to catch golden fish...

also, more relevantly, I'm trying to save up a million silver to buy the sawmill, and I'm roughly 800k short. Any recommendations on good ways to make money that don't interfere too much with my exploring?

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Make sure to use the unlock codes at the post office; you can get a few million silver easy that way. Definitely got me over the hump into saw-town

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Quackles posted:

I'm getting bored with manual fishing and I need to catch golden fish...

also, more relevantly, I'm trying to save up a million silver to buy the sawmill, and I'm roughly 800k short. Any recommendations on good ways to make money that don't interfere too much with my exploring?

I can send you mealworms if you want, you don’t get the fishing streak so less bonus, but they make fishing quicker and easier as you just need to click the shadow, not the blue dot.
Shoot me a message in game if you want them (Sledcommando)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

tildes posted:

Wait what do you mean by void? Do I need to be eliminating existing stuff in my inventory to get xp for new stuff or something?

“Voiding” is when you get an item but already have maxed your inventory on it so it just goes into “the void”. You miss out on using it/selling it for silver, but you still get XP/mastery for it, so it isn’t that big of a deal when you are just trying to do a ton of grinding.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I'm close to being able to afford an Orchard, should I grab that as soon as I can afford it?

Edit: Does FarmRPG have a Goon discord?

Edit 2: I added everyones profile URL to the spreadsheet to make it easier to add people to your friends list

koshmar fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 14, 2022

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

koshmar posted:

I'm close to being able to afford an Orchard, should I grab that as soon as I can afford it?

Edit: Does FarmRPG have a Goon discord?

The Orchard is perhaps the most important Farm Building in the game, and while it will eventually become your main priority for spending Silver, when you first unlock it it’ll be hard to upgrade it fully. Buy it, but still focus you Silver on the Sawmill to keep that rolling.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

It only took like 60,000 stamina and a couple of hundred Arnold palmers this morning but I finally broke through to 99 exploration to land me at all 99s now. Really hating this tower quest to get 150 each of a bunch of gold fish, even with mealworms.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

I just created an account as Pantsuityguy. Feel free to send me lots of free things.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Pantsuit posted:

I just created an account as Pantsuityguy. Feel free to send me lots of free things.

Go to the post office and get those 5 hot potatoes you've got, your mailbox is full. I'll drop you some orange juice once your mailbox isn't full.

Add your info to the spreadsheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I’m iphoneyop in game edit: added to the spreadsheet

tuyop fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 14, 2022