Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

koshmar posted:

I have a spare kite kite if anyone needs it for the monthly quest.

I don’t think they’re mailable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Ruggan posted:

I don’t think they’re mailable

They are not, should have looked first.

edit: I do have a ton of special eggs now if anyone still needs any.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I need 8 egg of life if anyone has some available, in game name w00tville

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Sent

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thank you, much appreciated!

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
I have one of each egg from 1 to 12. If anyone needs any then let me know. Am DiziettKett in game.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Wooden box mega mastery might kill me.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Starkk posted:

Wooden box mega mastery might kill me.

Just make it with craftworks, then set it to a tracked mastery. Log on every few hours and when the mastery shows red, sell them all.

The more inventory space you have the better, obviously.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Ruggan posted:

Just make it with craftworks, then set it to a tracked mastery. Log on every few hours and when the mastery shows red, sell them all.

The more inventory space you have the better, obviously.

Oh that is what I’m doing, I’ve got 17k inventory and maxed out wood and boards every hour. I just wish I could explore enough for the wood to account for an appreciable dent in wooden boxes but it is so slow.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Starkk posted:

Oh that is what I’m doing, I’ve got 17k inventory and maxed out wood and boards every hour. I just wish I could explore enough for the wood to account for an appreciable dent in wooden boxes but it is so slow.

That's so much more wood and boards than I am doing. It took a while but whatever. I just let it grind in the background. Hickory omlettes help tremendously.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I’ve found exploring for the box mastery just isn’t worth it unless I have another reason to explore. As others have said just pop a bunch of hickory omelets and sell every once in a while. I’m hopeful shield will go faster since they only require a single plank, I can turn them into green shields while I’m at it.

Either way, MMs aren’t fun and I hope they find another method for end game progress.

koshmar fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 28, 2024

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Starkk posted:

Yeah I’m on it too. 6 planks per box I think it is. I have 603k done so far.

It’s chum that will take me until about 2099 though.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Yeah. First they had Masteries, which were great and integrated well with the skill point system. Then they added Grand Masteries which worked fine, were a nice stretch goal, and gave more gold and some generic tower progression - you could work on whatever you wanted, because the GMs were interchangeable.

Mega Masteries, though… kinda BS imo. They’re an order of magnitude more work, and it’s just way too grindy. Plus, you need specific ones, and while the ones you need are mostly the easiest to get, there’s no autonomy in choosing what to work on.

I hope they realize they can’t add another tier of masteries at this point. They need to find a different way to scale the endgame.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Lol I was at 3000/2000 wood/boards.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

H110Hawk posted:

Lol I was at 3000/2000 wood/boards.

I’m on 10k of each per hour. Don’t really want to spend any more silver on it tbh.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

monkeytennis posted:

I’m on 10k of each per hour. Don’t really want to spend any more silver on it tbh.

Yeah I just jumped to 10k/10k as well. I forgot it was billions not trillions. I have 2.8tn silver so who cares, I could just not sell my nets for gold.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Goodbye Jundland Desert...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Blockhead posted:

Sent. Sending a chaos too since you will eventually need one. If you need any others let us know.
Thanks for the loan!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:laffo: this is going so much faster now. Every time I look I'm maxed out.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

obi_ant posted:

Goodbye Jundland Desert...

Congrats on completing STARMAP

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Don't forget PAMRATS also requires desert grinding!

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Just started Marshland4957

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ruggan posted:

Yeah. First they had Masteries, which were great and integrated well with the skill point system. Then they added Grand Masteries which worked fine, were a nice stretch goal, and gave more gold and some generic tower progression - you could work on whatever you wanted, because the GMs were interchangeable.

Mega Masteries, though… kinda BS imo. They’re an order of magnitude more work, and it’s just way too grindy. Plus, you need specific ones, and while the ones you need are mostly the easiest to get, there’s no autonomy in choosing what to work on.

I hope they realize they can’t add another tier of masteries at this point. They need to find a different way to scale the endgame.

Roadmap Dec 2024: ultra mega masteries! 10,000,000 items each
Required for T251-T300

Can you imagine…..

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The Cutlass quest is the loving worst. Am I only able to get these from the exchange center?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

There's also a temple sacrifice asking for the rare staves you can get from Large Island but you also need like 2,000 of those for PAMRATS so it's not a great trade-in either. But yes.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

obi_ant posted:

The Cutlass quest is the loving worst. Am I only able to get these from the exchange center?

Need spiders? But yeah keep going at the exchange center. Of course today I got 180 of them for a phr.

Edit: lol you've been playing longer than I have. Which Cutlass quest are you on?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

H110Hawk posted:

Need spiders? But yeah keep going at the exchange center. Of course today I got 180 of them for a phr.

Edit: lol you've been playing longer than I have. Which Cutlass quest are you on?

No spiders needed. Some other quest I’m on requires me to search in that area. Particular endings I is the quest. I took a break (I think at least a year) from the game cause I had a wrist issue from work. I’m back now!

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

EvilElmo posted:

Just started Marshland4957

Empty and upgrade your mailbox

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

hambeet posted:

Roadmap Dec 2024: ultra mega masteries! 10,000,000 items each
Required for T251-T300

Can you imagine…..

Sadly yes I can lol. Just hoping 251-300 isn’t MM of engines or flying machines or cannons or something tbh.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Genericide posted:

Empty and upgrade your mailbox

Done.

How many times do I upgrade it?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

EvilElmo posted:

Done.

How many times do I upgrade it?

As much as you can afford for now, 20-25 is a good start.

Also your mailbox is full again :)

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

koshmar posted:

As much as you can afford for now, 20-25 is a good start.

Also your mailbox is full again :)

Okay, upgraded to 20. Thanks for all the stuff

The Vikings
Jul 3, 2004

ODIN!!!!!

Nap Ghost
What's the most useful thing to give new players? Large nets and APs aren't allowed, so regular nets and OJ, AC?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I typically just dump OJ at new peeps, as it was super nice to have when I was new.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Hope you guys have been grinding carved animals in the well :3

^^ usually OJ since stamina is your chokepoint on start

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
drat, mashing mouse 1 to explore is a drain.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ghostlight posted:

Hope you guys have been grinding carved animals in the well :3

^^ usually OJ since stamina is your chokepoint on start

Balls, had already chucked 19 magna cores in before I got to that bit of the quest.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

If anyone could spam me with grasshoppers that would be marvellous

Mailbox is 420 because funny weed number

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Beasteh posted:

If anyone could spam me with grasshoppers that would be marvellous

Mailbox is 420 because funny weed number

Sent you a box full