Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Roughly how rare are runestones from crops? I'm trying to get runestones 1-10 to get access to the exploration zone and all I got left to go is the stone from leeks and cukes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Agent355 posted:

Roughly how rare are runestones from crops? I'm trying to get runestones 1-10 to get access to the exploration zone and all I got left to go is the stone from leeks and cukes.

I'd say 2-3k is about average, though it can obviously happen a lot sooner or you can get super unlucky and have to go much further than that.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Agent355 posted:

Keep in mind you can get 1-10 from the wishing well. There's a spreadsheet of items somewhere in the library. I think that's how I got the one that drops with leeks.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Don't forget to turn your first set of runes in to the requests, you get an orb from completing the questline and don't have to pay the crafting cost.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

susan b buffering posted:

Keep in mind you can get 1-10 from the wishing well. There's a spreadsheet of items somewhere in the library. I think that's how I got the one that drops with leeks.

I looked at the spreadsheet but it seems only some of 1-10 are available and neither leeks or cukes is.

Also good to know I should do the quest first for the same reward and completion. I'm on leeks for the quest anyway.

So now it's a question if I wanna do a bunch of leeks fishing for a rune or a bunch of corn for the special requests that just opened as I hit a level breakpoint. Probably the special requests for the guaranteed payday and limited availability.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Agent355 posted:

I looked at the spreadsheet but it seems only some of 1-10 are available and neither leeks or cukes is.

Not sure what page you're looking at, but this one has all of the wishing well possibilities and the full list of how to get Runestones 1-10: https://farmrpg.com/#!/wiki.php?page=ww+wants

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Agent355 posted:

No, they're there. You can get the leek rune from wishing the small pond rune or the radish rune and the cuke rune from the misty forest rune.

Corn rune is an absolute bastard and I'm glad it dropped before I gave up and upgraded my owl.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I didn’t get the hops rune until the pity one at the 80 bottles quest, but the corn one “only” took me until like 6000 or so.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
If you have money I recommend you buy all the steak you can today, 30k per is in the record lows. The swing back could be looking at 70+, although I think 60s is more likely. Either one will be 100% profit.

**The price increase may not be after todays reset, it may take another price change tomorrow to see the increase or full profit realised. Either way it’s impossible that prices will not increase when it at the least settles back into the 50k region, so this is guaranteed money.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm a wee baby fish but I still managed to save up 12 million today to put into steak, I need that money to upgrade sawmill and w/e so I can't just sit on it and wait to sell at a price better than 50 or w/e, so I'll almost certainly sell tomorrow. Still 80% return on an average market day.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Alright man, I purchased like 500 steaks.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

Agent355 posted:

I'm a wee baby fish but I still managed to save up 12 million today to put into steak, I need that money to upgrade sawmill and w/e so I can't just sit on it and wait to sell at a price better than 50 or w/e, so I'll almost certainly sell tomorrow. Still 80% return on an average market day.

Would be a good day to sell it. Dont see it going much higher than 57k this month. June looks to be the next wild meat market. Hopefully ya'll planted cows as they take a while to turn into steak. Optimum level is said to be 8 when you send them to slaughter.

I spent more time with kabobs as the turn around is way faster. With my storage limits it is possible to make 600k every other hour. I usually buy any time it's on sell in the 9k range and sell in 10k range regardless of the last 3 digits. It's not much profit, but free is free.

Munkeylord fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 17, 2022

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Joining in as buglord :kiddo:

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Well I overestimated but still a healthy profit in those steaks. I honestly thought it would be more but it’s still profit I guess.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

DRINK ME posted:

Well I overestimated but still a healthy profit in those steaks. I honestly thought it would be more but it’s still profit I guess.

I did well, 60 something million in 20 minutes before the server reset...

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Three types of manual exploring: lovely, lovely oak, and lovely loving oak

Couldn’t manage to get a screen grab of an actual good explore with two diverse rows. Thinking if I set up like an auto-clicker script, which hits explore and then screenshots I could get better ones.

By the by, despite how easy it would be automating the game isn’t allowed; given that just 1600 players during an event can cause lag I understand why. There was also a warning about bots/automation in the update notes last month where they had one player making 30,000 calls per minute - so I can imagine everyone’s poorly written scripts making multiple calls every second would make it unplayable.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I've been thinking about making a simple macro in Bluestacks to automate growing some crops. Basically let the game run in bluestacks and harvest + plant carrots every 3 minutes or whatever. I think they would not find that and it's not something that messes with the game.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Why not? In as Oldstench.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Tahirovic posted:

I've been thinking about making a simple macro in Bluestacks to automate growing some crops. Basically let the game run in bluestacks and harvest + plant carrots every 3 minutes or whatever. I think they would not find that and it's not something that messes with the game.

Just log into the website and use auto hot key or similar to script your clicks.

(I have a “click repeatedly” macro to save my hands when doing a ton of exploring. It clicks slower than I can manually, so I figure not really a concern.)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Yeah, I wouldn’t recommend much more than an AHK clicker. Not sure how sophisticated their detection is but they seem mighty swift with the ban hammer.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I just explore on mobile and tap frantically on the screen with both thumbs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

400 more corn for Whispering Creek, 400 more for the event. Corn parole is slowly getting closer.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
No luck fishing up runestone 3 in the forest pond but I fished up 3 runestone 2 in the farm pond while trying to catch some fliers for a quest.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I have an 800 streak and only 3 golden fliers. Gold fish suck.

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?

Agent355 posted:

I have an 800 streak and only 3 golden fliers. Gold fish suck.

Yeah the flier in particular seems to have a much lower drop rate than the others. That’s the point where I just gave up the gold fish quest until I can get mealworms and just started fishing exclusively with nets.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Moldy Sausage posted:

Yeah the flier in particular seems to have a much lower drop rate than the others. That’s the point where I just gave up the gold fish quest until I can get mealworms and just started fishing exclusively with nets.

If you're short on fliers but have a surplus of other golds, you can try swapping for them at the wishing well.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Moldy Sausage posted:

You too, huh?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I've just been doing some manual fishing now and then to try and get all the streaks up for cheevo points or w/e. Including a mechanic that I can do endlessly by buying bait and manually clicking is the exact sort of poo poo I hate in an idle game.

Too much clik.

Also I got all my runestones (following the quest) up to corn now. If I'm lucky I'll get the corn runestone while doing all these quests and won't have to specifically grind for it after.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 17, 2022

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I think technically you’d count yourself unlucky if you don’t get the corn Runestone before you finish Corn Jail, but it is nice that it has a force mechanism to give it to you if RNGesus fails you.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Any advice for golden feathers other than spamming the two or three explore locations where they pop up?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Wishing well can give some. Re: golden fish once in a while the wheel will give me a cache of a ton of them, so I will just trade whatever I have most of in the wishing well to try to even the numbers out. I don't need any right now but I know there's some upcoming quests where I will need a lot.

Re: farming, I'm approaching level 99, been using 4x grape juice daily on beets which is doing most of the work there. What do you farm when you hit 99? Specifically what do you use grape juice on? Obviously beets are the most XP and silver, but is there something else worth juicing? During the day I've been doing either corn (don't need it right now but I'm sure I will eventually) or mushrooms (need that pasta), and once in a while a load of wheat or pumpkins for flour/feed.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Xerol posted:

Wishing well can give some. Re: golden fish once in a while the wheel will give me a cache of a ton of them, so I will just trade whatever I have most of in the wishing well to try to even the numbers out. I don't need any right now but I know there's some upcoming quests where I will need a lot.

Re: farming, I'm approaching level 99, been using 4x grape juice daily on beets which is doing most of the work there. What do you farm when you hit 99? Specifically what do you use grape juice on? Obviously beets are the most XP and silver, but is there something else worth juicing? During the day I've been doing either corn (don't need it right now but I'm sure I will eventually) or mushrooms (need that pasta), and once in a while a load of wheat or pumpkins for flour/feed.

You’ll need some beets and sunflowers for requests down the road so build up a stockpile of those with grape juice. Otherwise there’s usually something that needs growing for some request or another. Barring all that I usually default to broccoli as the right amount of time I don’t need to pay attention but doesn’t put me out too much if I need to farm something else and it turns into feed.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

rafikki posted:

You’ll need some beets and sunflowers for requests down the road so build up a stockpile of those with grape juice. Otherwise there’s usually something that needs growing for some request or another. Barring all that I usually default to broccoli as the right amount of time I don’t need to pay attention but doesn’t put me out too much if I need to farm something else and it turns into feed.

This but also mushrooms as you can make Garnet rings for max cash and also every spore gives 10 shrooms I think so you can grand master them easily.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Agent355 posted:

I've just been doing some manual fishing now and then to try and get all the streaks up for cheevo points or w/e. Including a mechanic that I can do endlessly by buying bait and manually clicking is the exact sort of poo poo I hate in an idle game.

Too much clik.

Also I got all my runestones (following the quest) up to corn now. If I'm lucky I'll get the corn runestone while doing all these quests and won't have to specifically grind for it after.

I keep seeing people mentioning "The Quest" which one is it? A way forward 1 is the only quest I have that needs a runestone.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I do 4 grape juice beets, and sell the excess over 600. (This is after farming up all the items needed for quests). I keep 600 because i need it for the tower quest. Once that is done i don't see much reason to keep a stockpile.
Throughout the day i do mushrooms.
When going to bed i do broccoli (it takes 8h so synchs well with sleep, and its the best crop to use to generate feed)

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

koshmar posted:

I keep seeing people mentioning "The Quest" which one is it? A way forward 1 is the only quest I have that needs a runestone.

'A way forward' and 'strange rocks' are both quest chains that each ask for a runestone I think there are 10 quests in each chain, from what I've seen. I think I needed one of each for the quest? I wasn't realy paying attention since alot of them I just happened to have anyway and just spam clicked 'complete' as I went. But those are the two quest chains I've seen.

I've been putting money into the orchard and I'm up to about 200 of each tree, I should just be turning all of these into juice to pump out more exploration for poo poo right? Or is there some better use of fruit?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Agent355 posted:

'A way forward' and 'strange rocks' are both quest chains that each ask for a runestone I think there are 10 quests in each chain, from what I've seen. I think I needed one of each for the quest? I wasn't realy paying attention since alot of them I just happened to have anyway and just spam clicked 'complete' as I went. But those are the two quest chains I've seen.

I've been putting money into the orchard and I'm up to about 200 of each tree, I should just be turning all of these into juice to pump out more exploration for poo poo right? Or is there some better use of fruit?

Nope, push your orchard to your max inventory and then eat all the Apples and craft all the Orange Juice/Lemonade/Iced Tea/Arnold Palmers you can.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Yeah I am just completely out of quests to do that need anything farmed, I just have the four level 6 pet quests and one that needs 400 salt. I assume a lot of quests are going to open up when I get exploring past 90. Levels are 98/99/99/88 right now.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I've been playing for a few weeks now but just today I learned that you don't need 1000 stamina to use an apple cider, you just need to have that much to spend. So you can use 10 OJs, refresh the screen, then use an apple cider if you want.

I don't really understand why as it doesn't do anything but save you clicks. But I am irritated that I missed out on some chore batches because I thought that would be something useful later on.

I'm in as graventy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Xerol posted:

Yeah I am just completely out of quests to do that need anything farmed, I just have the four level 6 pet quests and one that needs 400 salt. I assume a lot of quests are going to open up when I get exploring past 90. Levels are 98/99/99/88 right now.

the only one that opens when you hit all 90s is A Towering Investment, which asks for 2 billion right at the start lol

Agent355 posted:

Once your sawmill is cranking out millions of crafting materials in silver a day, aim to hit your inventory cap of orchard (and keep it updated every day), that's where your next major sources of money come in, exploring for better poo poo to craft. Just make it all into Lemonade/OJ and eat all your apples by the end of the day and start making the stuff that requires steel (and later lanterns).

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 17, 2022