Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Hello farm nerds my IGN is Duckbar I'm going to start wasting resources wildly in anticipation of your fabulous gifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Referee posted:

I will happily assist if you’ll clear your mailbox :)

:v: Turns out there was a bunch of stuff in there! Thanks.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
So now I have a bunch of stuff, thanks, what are the pro upgrades to spend the like 50 gold I've earned so far on? Or should I save for more expensive stuff?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I found a frog. :3:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
What is corn jail? :v: (I assume some quest where you need a bazillion corn but still could someone explain the joke? Or is it just because the game is a farming time suck?)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
If I am here what would my next move be? Save another million for one of the buildings or boost production from nearly on the pin in the existing stuff so I spend less time exploring for wood or whatever? I have like 5 trees each, 10 chickens, some cows, a pet, some bait, you get the idea.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Cool thanks. I will crank that wood production.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kaboobi posted:

pump up your sawmill to 50-100% of your inventory and look up “sawmill silver” in the library and you’ll be raking in hundreds of millions in silver per day super quick

after you have a sawmill going, make the orchard fill up your entire inventory every day and you’ll make even more money on exploring

Finally looked up sawmill silver today because I spaced on the second half of your suggestion. I am printing money now. Doing 74 wood and 29 boards/hr from the sawmill now, up from 10 yesterday. I also added a few more trees.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

once you get LI unlocked, you'll start making money back quickly

e; just got my first raptor egg with an arnold palmer and then got another one right after

LI?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Also what do I do with these ancient coins? I am selling 50 of them for silver as I cap out @350.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Thanks. I don't yet have wheel spins and am going to way over cap from finishing a week of dailies.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Vasler posted:

God help you, corn jail friend. It took me nearly 6k corn to get my first rune. After that, it was smooth sailing though!

Oh god.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
What is the pro strategy around the wishing well? I tossed stuff in using buddy.farm to get the low numbered runestones and make the lava sphere, the high numbered ones don't appear to have wishing well stuff.

Should I bother getting the feed and flour mill or focus on maxing out fruit/animal production first? I hopped on the owl train and it's bringing me honey which I'm putting in my storehouse. My next row of crops is 100m so that's a ways off. 64/52/64/63. I'm throwing nets to grind fishing higher, I just can't do much manual fishing because I want to scream.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Arcturas posted:

Wishing well is bacon or…whatever the decent alternative is that I was throwing before I had pigs online, until you have the gold feathers and leaves to unlock WC (or the level 6 frog). Then swap to crab claws to look for geckoes until you have enough for tower and possibly Strange Consequences. Then I think you swap to something that can get you herbs or seaweed or spiked shells, but I haven’t gotten that far so don’t know.

E: feed and flour mill are low priority. They are needed for a few quests that you need bacon and flour for. They don’t generate all that much money, though.

Thanks. I'll keep dumping silver into fruit and livestock.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Look I don't like spiders and you obviously don't like me but I still need like 50 more for this stupid quest.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Thank you spider friend.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Manual fishing for gold fish is entirely killing this game for me. Too low of drop rate, no impact of skill on drop rate. That's my vent.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Funny fact: 46% of all the players have never completed the quest to plant and grow 1 pepper, and a further 5% have completed that quest but never did the follow-up to plant and grow 8 peppers.

I wonder what % of players are around where I am, and are basically trying to cast nets to level fishing but are otherwise ignoring the few quests that need gold fish now. I'm >10 levels behind on fishing compared to everything else.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

tuyop posted:

I will not fish for gold ones anymore. I just use the autohotkey scripts and a chrome extension to change the colour of the water. I took out the blue ball clicking on one version of the script and it just loops using mealworms.

Go on.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

the script i have should work on something other than a windows pc, it's just a browser script, but yeah, gotta be a real computer.

this is what was posted last time, i forget by who tho. you could pair it with a clicker too to use for bait other than mealworms but i'm not willing to put in that much effort, plus i dont know how to code it

e; not sure if formatting is important cause i'm not a code nerd, but it doesn't show up properly formatted in the quote and i dunno how to fix it

How do I make my browser click it? Javascript (which is at a glance what that is) isn't whitespace sensitive.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

so i'm using chrome, but how i get it to work is i go to the fishing area, hit f12, paste that in there and hit enter. then it fishes

you can change the speed at which it fishes by editing the autoFish variable, it's in milliseconds.

Hah. I didn't know you could do that, that's hilarious. I've always used it to edit html or whatever never to just inject and execute javascript. It of course immediately killed my streak and didn't catch anything. I'll look at it later.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Oh lol I don't have mealworms yet. Not high enough fishing level. :negative:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Is there a way to get clues for the mailbox passwords in game? Or is it just blind luck or looking them up on buddy.farm? I just guessed a few easy ones and got some gold seeds and several silver.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

ErrEff posted:

Well, I’m one of the people tgat did not read the “DO NOT SELL” advice thoroughly enough and now I’m stuck grinding catfish and fliers with abysmal drop rates. I have 127 lifetime catfish and 192 fliers caught but sold most of them with the sell all option.

This sucks.

I have 102 catfish you can have some what's your name?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

cant trade them

:rip:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Is everyones borgen the same? I've got crab claws, wine, honey, salt, runestone 10. Only 400 AC's (inv max is 408) plus 50 in the vault. I don't even know what crab claws are for and I have some runestone 10's. Just unlocked salt as a craft item and seemingly have plenty of honey for now as my pet brings it to me. Crab Claws? one bottle of wine?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Lol finally checked in here and what the christ. I've been grinding and burning feathers into tp all weekend trying to get 200. gently caress all this.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
2000 eggplants for runestone 20. Yay?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Last night I sunk 25m into oranges. Gotta get that oj. The sawmill has been great though I lack commitment. I just spent the gold on unlimited iron/nails after spending too much on the Ironworks. Oops.

What's the smart buy in borgen? Or should I just spin the wheel? I have 520 ac (max) plus today's dailies to pickup plus the 14d reward. Need to burn these things.

Thinking about just stocking up on cider.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

That's in beta.

Craftworks is live for the rest us freeloaders though, and a new pet.

This might get me to toss a few bucks in the hat to get enough things to chain together. Do crafting bonuses work there? The % chance to get extra item.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I still use wood a lot so no craftwork boards for me. I got twine and Sturdy Bow right now. Saving gold for max orchard before I buy more.

I do Boards -> Planks right now with my 1 slot. Can always pause it if you need to stack up some wood. This means my sawmill is slowly GM'ing planks automatically but I still have wood.

monkeytennis posted:

Do you need to have it craft all the components as well?

No. In my above setup wood converts straight to planks. Click Wood -> Boards, then click Boards -> Sturdy Shields.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I turned on a new workshop item with 404 silver and now I have -3,513 silver. :v:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
drat. Just got my first 100k for boards and 250m is quite the injection when I was grinding around 20m/day. Though Craftworks means I'm not voiding a ton of wood overnight now so that is improving as well.

I assume the prudent investment is 100m farm row and 100m inventory boost? I have 280m now.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Arcturas posted:

Storehouse for inventory first. Then probably keeping your orchard production maxed, then farm row and/or more sawmill production, depending on whether you've got access to good exploration locations, your skill levels, etc.

Thanks. Up to ember lagoon right now. 69/67/78/74 skills. Did the storehouse, will ponder on the orchard upgrades. At 215/352/135 in the orchard. Sawmill seems like the fastest way to my next 250m assuming it's the same reward now that I can automatically not void more stuff.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Arcturas posted:

You want orchard to get you your inventory cap of each of the different fruits each day. That maximizes your stamina income which is very valuable over the long term, because getting exploration to 99 is one of the hardest things to do.

Your medium-term goal is finding access to Large Island so you can throw nets (and once you can craft them, large nets) in there for unreasonable amounts of silver. I don't remember what the quests are that get you to LI, so you might just need to pound more silver for a while to get there. With the sawmill running (and especially the craftworks) you should be able to grind cash pretty well on sturdy shields, fancy pipes, and eventually lanterns. The library articles on 100 million and 1 billion are pretty helpful for more detailed advice.

Thanks, that makes sense! I've been holding on to ciders as I make them.

Edit: now 500/500/235 trees and hit the 100m inventory boost.

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 19, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
What the hell is up with catfish? I need 50 more to hit 250 for a quest and it's looking like 400-500 nets.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Klungar posted:

Thanks, goons. You done good.

:toot: It's pretty silly that this forum still can generate enough traffic to stand out.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Does getting more stones from the quarry increase the drop rate of the gems? Like is it 1:100 per time interval or 1:10000 per stone so you get 30 chances per time interval?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Klungar posted:

No, same with Ironworks and the Screw/Spring drops from there. You'll obviously upgrade the Quarry for Stone itself, but Ironworks can be left at 1 without impacting rare drop frequency/amount.

Lame. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

monkeytennis posted:

They did?? I love you.

I was a moron this morning and sold my sunflowers. Then I got to Unexpected Visitor XIV. Doh. :negative:

Yesterday afternoon I was working on a quest that needed like rope and lemonade. Let me tell you I got all that rope... Using lemonade. Felt very smart.