Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Klungar posted:

Yeah, everyone hates on Corn Jail but at least it is simple and straightforward. I just sell the Oak and Slimestone, void the rarer drops to ensure I always have an inventory full of them, and make Garnet Rings and the odd Fancy Drum or Sturdy Bow when pet drops make it possible. I don't think Fancy Guitars are ever worth it, though, due to how much Steel Wire it requires. Those Carbon Spheres have much better uses. But I am also making getting to 99 Exploring my main priority of Exploring, which is obvious not optimal in the present for Silver but I think will be in the long run, which means just blasting away at Whispering Creek non-stop.

100% agree with this post and I do exactly the same with oak etc. Garnet Rings are great for making loads of cash.

I’ve got 1600 lava/inferno spheres just waiting for that bonus to go up. Holding my nerve.

I added everyone itt I think. I’m 4 x 99 and have loads of everything - if you’re newish and in need of anything just shout!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Klungar posted:

The event bonus just ticked over to 35%, if you’ve been stashing Inferno Spheres, now is probably your time to sell, I doubt we are hitting 38% before reset tonight.

Hell yeah I just sold all mine for 13.2bn.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Quackles posted:

What do I do with my spare Ancient Coins if I'm near the cap? Give them away? Void the rest and spend 'em all on Wednesday?

Spend them on Borgen’s wheel.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

rafikki posted:

You’ll need some beets and sunflowers for requests down the road so build up a stockpile of those with grape juice. Otherwise there’s usually something that needs growing for some request or another. Barring all that I usually default to broccoli as the right amount of time I don’t need to pay attention but doesn’t put me out too much if I need to farm something else and it turns into feed.

This but also mushrooms as you can make Garnet rings for max cash and also every spore gives 10 shrooms I think so you can grand master them easily.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Xerol posted:

Yeah I am just completely out of quests to do that need anything farmed, I just have the four level 6 pet quests and one that needs 400 salt. I assume a lot of quests are going to open up when I get exploring past 90. Levels are 98/99/99/88 right now.

Maybe have a look here https://buddy.farm/ and see what quests you haven’t done yet and what they’re going to need. You can begin stockpiling!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I’m at 1850 something inventory and still craft pipes and shields all day. I up my boards and wood (and my trees) to my limit every day.

I add in fancy drums, garnet rings, lanterns and odds and sods but pipes and shields are so easy it’s mad not to make them.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Klungar posted:

I assume this is because you've already knocked out all the other Boards/Wood/Stone Grand Masteries that are easily achievable? I've moved away from the classics to knock stuff out like Horseshoes and Treasure Chests.

Yep. I’m doing horseshoes as well.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

rafikki posted:

Yeah, I immediately bought it and upgraded to level 6

Same. I need 100 crab claws for the latest tower quest.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I found a new jail. Shinefish jail. :negative:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Agent355 posted:

Okay I have 500 of each orchard tree, 500 hourly in sawmill, hayfield, quarry, what do I upgrade/unlock next?

Is 500 grapes a priority or should I level the owl pet or something with my money. I'm making prooobably 50-70 million a day by making lanterns for a benchmark.

E: I suppose a level 4 owl is only 10m which is extremely doable and is 80% as good as a level 5 owl so that seems an obvious purchase.

Think about increasing trees/boards/wood to match inventory capacity each day. This works for me but then I work from home so I can log in and craft every hour. I’m in a meeting right now in fact lol.

Grapes - well wine starts off kinda not important then kind of becomes a nice money maker then you end up needing quite a bit for quests so it’s worth being able to make a few a day but remember that you’ll get a pet that provides GJ eventually.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
The camp market has shinefish for 100AC each today. Buy as many as you can. You’ll thank me later.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kaboobi posted:

or just level up your cat to 6 sometime in the next couple months so by the time you hit those endgame quests you'll have enough

I wouldn’t rely on the cat alone. Current quest needs 250 fish.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I feel like my cat has been L6 for a lot longer than 21 days but I could be wrong. It has happened before!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Koryk posted:

Does tower require 99/99/99/99?

4 x 92 I think.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
You need 1250 instead of 1000 I think if you have a certain perk.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

tildes posted:

Got my first raptor egg way on my second day in whispering creek 👍🏻👍🏻

It seems like, based on the calculators and a 150k explore drop rate, I will get one every 4-5 days on average given my inventory and orchard. Do y’all just void all the oak you get, or are you also doing a bit of exploring elsewhere? I was thinking about the forest since then I get antlers + mushroom paste, which lets me make fancy drums which use up oak super quickly. But not sure what balance makes sense here.

I sell the oak or make fancy drums if I can be arsed. Might try crossbows now as well

I got obsessed with raptor eggs but now I have that many they can bring >5000 antlers a day and my inventory is 2070. Now that’s a waste for you, and I can do nothing about it lol.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Umbreon posted:

300-400? Doesn't the cost for each board become pretty exorbitant at that level?

Lol wait until you’re at 2000+ per hour.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Umbreon posted:

It's more I remember seeing a post earlier in this thread about how the cost of the boards per hour stopped being feasible for paying themselves off anytime soon it becomes worth it to switch to other stuff

That’s very true and I’m past that point now, I only kept increasing as I play just about hourly so I was able to make use of them all.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Sometimes it just feels like going around in circles. Now I need another 1000 honey, 250 gold fins and 1000 gold feathers. :negative:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
loving geckos again :negative:

This tower will be the death of me.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Klungar posted:

Tower Unlocked... I'm free :unsmith:

Great work, I unlocked it today as well. Now I’m not sure how high to go…

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Lawlicaust posted:

The more I look at my personal help requests, the more I agree that I just don't know who they are for. Only one of mine is easily doable but the value just isn't there. There's one I'd like to do but 80 old boots is just not feasible at all. It's sort of like the 50 old boot trade in the exchange center. I don't know who is going to do that more than once because even if someone is trying to minmax but only fishing glass bottles from the Crystal River, you'll get 1 boot every 30-50 bottles.

Also, I submitted this improvement request related to Gold Fish:

https://improveloop.com/discussion/5367

If they create that new pet and it dropped geckos as well as gold fish I would pay :10bux: without hesitation.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Virigoth posted:

My net worth is 13.5m, I just made 10m off of steak investment and am still new.

currently 32 boards hour / 16 wood

I have 3 options I think I can spend it on right now.
Storehouse for max inventory increases + more boards / wood
All board/woods
Half board/woods and half apple trees.

Any thoughts? I'm working on the math to try to figure out ROI on more boards right now but thought I'd put the question to the SA hivemind.

E: I forgot to add in the 1m crop row buy I think I should probably do.

I’d try and get your boards production up a bit I think but storehouse is a must purchase really. Once you get an extra 12 slots per day it soon starts to make things easier

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Unlocked the last fishing spot this morning. I have >2000 large nets saved so RIP my clicking finger today.

Anyway, that zone drops large chest 3 and that has honey in it!!!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

tildes posted:

How are you getting shark teeth? Exchange center? I have yet to see it come up but maybe am not checking enough.

Yep that’s the only source afaik.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

dolphinbomb posted:

On that note I've been grinding peas for the past 3 days to get the last 2 gold peas I need for a request and the wishing well has not been cooperative on that front.

If anyone wants to send 2 gold peas to dolphinbomb that'd be swell :)

Sent you 3

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ineptitude posted:

What does everyone do with their livestock?

I just pet and feed them, i rarely bother butchering them unless i need bacon or leather for a quest.

Same for me. In early game the money from bacon and steak is useful but later on it’s pocket change.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Talking of honey it’s often in the exchange centre for 100 bacon so even if you just wanna pet those piggies you want to make sure you have enough bacon to swap for honey.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

campfire posted:

I'm guessing there aren't many tower 100 folks in here but let me tell you, strange gem +2500 inventory perk is loving dope

L52. Trying to decide what’s going to be easiest to GM for those points.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I like manual fishing.

The gently caress?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Talking of pets what’s the deal, with the onion? That and the penguin are the only ones I don’t have but I’m not sure if it’s worth having. Thoughts?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

FreshFeesh posted:

I’m now 99/99/99/94 and making my way through my remaining quest lines, Strange Companions and A Towering Investment.

While the rewards for SC are very nice (I’m on 8 of 14), I’m assuming it’s more important for me to grind toward finishing ATI (2 of 18) first, right?

Not sure. I sort of left the tower until last, just sort of working on it in the background while concentrating on other things - it’s a massive grind even compared to some of the more grindy quests.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

and the claw won! posted:

Yeah regular Flier feels like the same drop rate as other gold fish, and Gold Flier is just abysmal.

Is anything at Borgen's camp today good to grab for the future? My skills are in the 60s FWIW. I don't know what to do with all these ancient coins when Borgen doesn't have apples or OJ or etc.

Crab claws.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

obi_ant posted:

Oh god. I finally unlocked Pirate’s Cove. What a glorious day.

Hope you’ve been saving those large nets :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Fhqwhgads posted:

I just opened 25 bag 07s and didn't get a single flier.

I got 14 of em. Finished the jubilee quest I was stuck on.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I think these PH tasks are best left until end game or near. I’ve just been knocking them off each day for the 150m odd.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Unponderable posted:

If I need glass bottles, which zone is the most optimal to explore for them? I'm assuming Ember Lagoon but I haven't done the math.

Ember I would think as it drops orbs then all you need is stone.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Fishing merit badge acquired.

Crikey that’s quite an achievement I don’t think I can even contemplate working on that.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

H110Hawk posted:

I wonder what % of players are around where I am, and are basically trying to cast nets to level fishing but are otherwise ignoring the few quests that need gold fish now. I'm >10 levels behind on fishing compared to everything else.

I ignored gold fish quests unless there was literally no other quest to work on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

tuyop posted:

I will not fish for gold ones anymore. I just use the autohotkey scripts and a chrome extension to change the colour of the water. I took out the blue ball clicking on one version of the script and it just loops using mealworms.

I’m guessing this only works on a proper computer and not on iPad right?