Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I'm Koshmar in game, I just started and I already have a potato, who needs one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

explosivo posted:

How do I even send someone one of these potatoes?

I'm assuming I need a higher level to see my inbox? Not sure but it says I have a potato but I can't get to it.

edit: Nevermind, have to actually go to the post office in town

koshmar fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 14, 2022

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I'm close to being able to afford an Orchard, should I grab that as soon as I can afford it?

Edit: Does FarmRPG have a Goon discord?

Edit 2: I added everyones profile URL to the spreadsheet to make it easier to add people to your friends list

koshmar fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 14, 2022

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Pantsuit posted:

I just created an account as Pantsuityguy. Feel free to send me lots of free things.

Go to the post office and get those 5 hot potatoes you've got, your mailbox is full. I'll drop you some orange juice once your mailbox isn't full.

Add your info to the spreadsheet

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Arcturas posted:

How do I know what mailbox password items are safe to sell for silver? I need another 500k or so to get my sawmill.

Klungar posted:

I’ll eventually update the OP with little stuff like this, but tip for new folks: when you hit Level 20 Farming, you’ll unlock Mailbox Passwords at the Post Office. By entering a password, you can earn lots of neat stuff as a new player, ranging from stuff you’ll need for quests, some bunches of Silver and Gold, and items from past seasonal events. One of these, Candy (from the Halloween event) will sell for a huge chunk of change, and can make a huge difference in getting your Sawmill up and running and starting your Silver engine running. Normally it is not advised to sell items like that that are hard to acquire and may be needed for future quests, but getting the Sawmill as early as possible is so important, and the Candy is relatively common as far as event items go, that I’m hard pressed telling anyone to hold on to it for a hypothetical when it is so useful in the present. All of the Mailbox Passwords can be found in the Library, check out the Mailbox Passwords and Spoilers pages for all of them.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
For those just starting, Ancient Coins are listed by your silver and gold, but they're an item not a currency so they're limited by your item storage total. Pay attention when turning in chores as they reward a decent amount of them everyday.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
No luck fishing up runestone 3 in the forest pond but I fished up 3 runestone 2 in the farm pond while trying to catch some fliers for a quest.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Agent355 posted:

I've just been doing some manual fishing now and then to try and get all the streaks up for cheevo points or w/e. Including a mechanic that I can do endlessly by buying bait and manually clicking is the exact sort of poo poo I hate in an idle game.

Too much clik.

Also I got all my runestones (following the quest) up to corn now. If I'm lucky I'll get the corn runestone while doing all these quests and won't have to specifically grind for it after.

I keep seeing people mentioning "The Quest" which one is it? A way forward 1 is the only quest I have that needs a runestone.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Kebobs are at 9.5k right now

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I know there are some important end game pets, but are there any must have pets to grab during leveling?

My farming is at 60 and I still have the cat and dog at level 1

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Kaboobi posted:

Honestly get the owl to 5 ASAP, you need a ton of honey and there’s no good way to get it.

Do levels other than 3 and 6 do anything?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Anyone got a spare barracuda they can send me, based on how quickly the CC completed I’m guessing sea dragons are important.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Kalman posted:

Sea dragons are rare (and are used in a couple late game quests) but I think CC completion is more that barracuda are a common result from Large Island fishing so it’s easy to donate a bunch to pump up your donations amount to work towards those achievements.

That makes sense, I kinda figured you couldn't mail anything obtained for a locked down zone.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Shinjobi posted:

100 spiders

Does it get worse

Buy the Lemur as soon as you can and level them up, never worry about bugs again

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I've got crafting to 90 and I have ember and minerva unlocked, is there anything other than pipe, shields, and lanterns I can be crafting?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

rafikki posted:

You can also occasionally get small screws from your ironworks. Upgrading it does not increase that chance though, so just buy it and leave it alone.

Am I screwing myself by using emberstones to craft unpolished shimmer? I'm voiding ember farming Ember Lagoon

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Thanks, that makes farming glass orbs more effective, I was stuck as max sandstone with my quarry all the time anyways.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I just unlocked large island. What should I be selling to make Silver?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

HelloNewman posted:

Of the fish? All of them

Am I not going to need a ton of them for quests? (gold coral excluded of course)

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Klungar posted:

Sure, but none of them are particularly rare (besides Gold Coral as you say), so going back and throwing down 10 Large Nets is no big deal. Sell Sell Sell!

Cool, guess I need to buy the upgrade to sell fish from the fishing screen.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

obi_ant posted:

I upgraded it and it was just a button that allows you to sell everything that isn’t locked. So make sure your gold poo poo is locked.

I reread the text on the upgrade and yeah, I think I’ll save the 25 gold

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

super sweet best pal posted:

Happened to me. It's still one of the more useful upgrades in the game.

I went ahead and bought it and locked some random fish that had a few quests left. Left all the lake Minerva and Large Island fish alone.

It’s worth it to take five minutes and clean up the flea market.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Saxophone posted:

3600 eggplant, no rune. Crying face emoji.

Ignore me, of course you can’t trade Runestones

koshmar fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 9, 2022

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Saxophone posted:

It’s ok, as is goon tradition, complaining works.

On to hops jail.

At least with hops jail you've got George to lean on.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Someone can check my math on this, but to receive one of each runestones from pets in addtion to the Red and Green Dragons at level 6 you also need the Owl, Snake, Frog, and Squirrel at 6 to fill in the gaps.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Is anyone buying steaks today at 40k?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Okay, so I'm at the point where I need golden crops. What am I supposed to do to get more seed beyond asking in Giveaways? Or am I stuck waiting on them from pets.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Tahirovic posted:

I had a very productive Saturday with lots of dope:

gently caress, that is a lot of fishing.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
So I'm capped on Bacon and I have a bunch of level 7 pigs hanging out, do I just start selling bacon or do I hold and keep my total at cap for upcoming quests?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Is the any reason to blow 50 gold carrots on the final hoptimistic quest for the rabbits foot? I just don’t see a good reason atm.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Some dude in global was legit upset they were going to lose 10 minutes of hay production during backups

Firestream is a braver man than I to venture into chat as often as they do.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Arcturas posted:

Is there any way to get peaches other than PR rewards?

High five, friend. I'm working on the 60% quest myself.

Looks like they're mailable, but other than 1 per PR the only other option looks like seasonal quests. 10 peaches for one juice makes the PR reward seem useless.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Yeah, Buddy served me up some poo poo today as well, the rope alone is worth far more as a net in PC

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
The chances of getting 10 worthwhile or even tolerable PHRs in a row is slim so 1 peach per successful request is awful.

Some are asking for 100x Salt which is a big nope, there needs to be a timer for these to fall off and peach juice is just a way to speed it up

It doesn't help that the dev was in global describing clearing them as a "gold sink"

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Large Testicles posted:

yup, there's also another quest i just got where the only way to get anything is a level 6 owl

The Owl is for one of the collector quests which basically refund half of the level 6 upgrade. But owl at level 5 is best for honey.

The anglerfish is required for Pirate Cove though and level 6 macaw is extremely worth it anyways.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Large Testicles posted:

i might have just gotten the worst peach trade possible

the trade would have to be completely flipped around for me to do it

I see your lovely help request and I raise you 250 antlers

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Kaboobi posted:

you'll need 100 for ATI, and it'll give you that many back once you climb a few levels in the tower

don't spend 60 on strange companions until you do that, it's a trap

honestly the spiked shells/seaweed/water lilies were worse because each large net I threw in was like 8m silver down the drain

For the record, I threw 1000 mealworms at Emerald Beach and didn't get a single Spiked Shell, so their drop rate is worse than Golden Fliers.

I held out hope that a day or 2 of manual fishing could get me around wasting large nets, but it's the only way short of winning the PHR lottery.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Kaboobi posted:

yeah once you have the geckos/sea dragons you need immediately pivot to dumping salt into the wells for spiked shells because the rate on those is brutal

So keep at least 600 salt around and dump the rest into the well, 50% a toss is better than the fishing drops, I need to upgrade my well to 9 tosses

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

dolphinbomb posted:

What's up corn rune buddy. I was a little luckier and got it after ~4500 corn, but the next quest needs runestone 16 so I'm back to planting hops :sigh:

At least these grow considerably quicker, and even if my luck is atrocious I know I'll get a runestone from the 99 bottles quests eventually.

99 Bottles LXXX rewards Runestone 16, I hope you get it before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

rafikki posted:

Nearly a week with no updates, is the dev on vacation?

Actually he is, they've mentioned it in global a few times.