Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
About to hit 99 exploration, i have a million stamina, just need to get off my butt and spam.

Not sure what i should focus on on all the 4x99 unlocks. Thinking the greater capybara as it gives Grab Bag 7, which is free gold fish.

I hate manual fishing even with the meal worm and am really dreading the Tower quest that needs 150 of each golden fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

tildes posted:

Do you think it’s worth saving for the billion upgrade?

If you mean the storehouse then yeah that is a great way to spend your first bil.

Your first 3 bil should go towards storehouse, crop row and Tree Frog lvl 6.
If you had the bil NOW i would recommend the crop row upgrade, for the large amount of bonus xp, but for now i’d wait with it, maybe even until the next xp event. Farming level isn’t all that useful.
(That being said, the best source of general farm xp is the daily 2/4 uses of grape juice -> beets, which requires level 90 so getting to farming 90 so you can do that daily is good)

Tree Frog is a great help in unlocking the lvl 70 exploration zone (gold leaf and feather) which in turn is needed to unlock lvl 70 fishing, a GREAT source of silver.
If you already have the required gold items (100 each iirc?) you can hold off for a while.

Storage cap is incredibly helpful and important as higher cap has a snowball effect on income.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I do 4 grape juice beets, and sell the excess over 600. (This is after farming up all the items needed for quests). I keep 600 because i need it for the tower quest. Once that is done i don't see much reason to keep a stockpile.
Throughout the day i do mushrooms.
When going to bed i do broccoli (it takes 8h so synchs well with sleep, and its the best crop to use to generate feed)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah those are both from pets

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

You need about 4400 corn for the quest series. At 48 minutes a crop and getting about 40 per harvest (you probably have 28 crops and 40% bonus at this stage) its honestly not that bad. Its just that so far in the game you haven't really been presented with any grinds like this.

Corn Jail is mostly a meme and grossly exaggerated how time consuming it is.

To put things into perspective: You need 3100 beets for quests. Beets take nearly 2 DAYS to grow.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Tahirovic posted:

That goes into the grape juice question again.
It seems it would be advisable to always use them on the longest crop or beets instead of corn?
You lose 3 hours for two batches of corn but get several days of crops you need later on.

If it matters, I am currently Farming 64, Fishing 63, Crafting 69, Exploring 69.
Next to the sawmill silver I try to make as many fishing nets as possible to level Fishing to 68 for the Minerva unlock.
Crafting Pipes and shields and if I have spare mushrooms I also go for sturdy swords.

My silver is split between more boards, wood and orchard right now.

Is there anything I could do to prepare for the Minerva unlock?

Should I use my grape juice on corn, broccoli or wheat?

Always use juice on the highest level crop you have. Your primary goal with this is xp, not profits or quest progress. Farm XP is difficult to gain* and longer crops grants a lot more xp.
That said, the higher crops also sells for a decent buck so using juices on long crops doubles as a decent moneymaker.

*Literally over half the xp you have made on farming by the time it is 99 is "free" from upgrading crop rows, thats how little xp you get from crops.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Level 3 pets cost a million, might as well get them all to that level, though most aren’t all that useful until 6 (and some are never particularly useful)

If i had to prioritize i’d probably do this:
Dog to 3 for antlers (nets -> money)
Baboon to 3 for lemonade
Hedgehog to 3 for OJ
Owl to 3 to start the honey grind

Not sure if hedgehog is that affordable. Every pet after is probably too expensive.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 19, 2022

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Exploration is quite a grind. The xp per stamina is fairly low so it requires quite a lot of it to get to 99.
The amount of clicking required is rough as well. I was 93 before the birthday event and waited until tge 35% bonus and even then it required hours of spamming stamina, and thats with also consuming 400 AP and 300 cider in the process.

The game could use a QOL update with regards to spending stamina, 2 or even 3 more stamina doublers would honestly not be out of place (and have them be cheaper than 250g)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

New pet with crab claw and nets makes up for me spending 800 large nets last week farming up 100 crab claws!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Ive always grown a broccoli when going to bed since they take 8h so i never had shortage of them until i accidentally threw them all in the feed mill…

At least i’ll have GM feed in 400 days when my pigs have eaten all of it.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Focus on crafting and leveling up, help requests aren’t going anywhere and very few of them unlock new content.
Leveling up lets you unlock items with better profit to get more money to get more upgrades/storage so that should be your main focus.

Stamina effectiveness makes you use more stamina per click, it doesn’t affect the rates.
The only thing that affects exploration drops is the Iron Depot (removes iron from the drop tables) which is entirely a positive thing

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Iron Depot is the single most important QOL upgrade in the game, you will certainly be buying it before long ;)

Ironworks is nice to have at level 1 for a trickle of rare drops like small screws and springs. Leveling uronworks further does not increase these drops.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Fishing is kinda interesting in that it lags far behind the other skills and is a garbage money maker, until you unlock Large Island which is an incredible moneymaker and also a great source of xp taking you to 99 in a matter of days.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

The gold boot is technically a gold fish though :D

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Sea Dragons are needed and quite rare but they are grindable so its not a huge deal to miss out on 7.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Steelworks just added to beta

Produces steel/wire hourly, with rare chance of getting runestones 1, 6, 7, 8 and flywheels.
None of those runestones are generally mentioned as difficult to get, would be better if it was the corn or hops ones imo.
Getting more flywheels is great, those are real nasty to craft. Possibly the most difficult item to craft even?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

No, the xp you get is based on the items you find, each item awards a certain amount of xp.
Doesn’t matter if the item is found with stamina or Lemonade/AP

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Kalman posted:

This isn’t quite correct. You get XP for items found, but you also get some amount of XP just for the act of exploring. Drop your stamina below the number so that you only spend one stamina at a time. Check your exploring XP. Now explore once - even if you don’t receive an item, you’ll still see your exploring XP has increased when you check it again.

isnt this just the xp you would otherwise have gained from iron?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

monkeytennis posted:

I feel like my cat has been L6 for a lot longer than 21 days but I could be wrong. It has happened before!

Day to day drops can be streaky but over time every item drops in the same quantities.

I recently waited 30 days to collect from pets and they all had very similar quantities of each item

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Really torn on the automation issue.
On one hand i don't really like it, but on the other hand those gold fish quests are making me consider quitting the game.

I don't mind the other grinds, the type that simply take x amount of calendar days (e.g. honey) or the ones where you need e.g. a thousand green cloaks. Fishing gold fish however is such a pain in the rear end. It is the only part of the game that is twitch based gameplay and the drop rates are horrible.

I keep going in circles whether or not to start using automation. The main thing stopping me is i don't want to get banned.

(I don't care what other players do wrt automation, as long as they don't gently caress up the entire game like those botters did a month or so ago)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

FreshFeesh posted:

Does this include the Anglerfish from the Macaw? I know that’s part of the new fishing area unlock

You need a single anglerfish so just collect it when you need it

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Same.

Was almost done with it but opted to use 3x100 of them on unlocking Pirate Cove instead.
I konda regret that as its just a tiny bit more silver per net over Large Island, while i could have had unlocked the tower by now (i have all the items needed to do the quests after the gold fish)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I have 1600 mealworms per hour (i thought it was per day)

The mealworm generation isnt the problem, the twitch gameplay is.

My gold fish is almost exclusively from capybara. I have opened 400 grab bag 7 so far, with another 100 tomorrow (opening them in sets of 100)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

At server reset

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Lawlicaust posted:

Also, I submitted this improvement request related to Gold Fish:

https://improveloop.com/discussion/5367

Good writeup.
In general i agree though a pet that gives nothing but rare items seems a bit powerful. Then again, the dragons do that already.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Virigoth posted:

That doesn’t really help me. For quests and the tower?

You need 3000 honey and the only steady source are 2 pets (for 26 per day at the advised owl lvl 5 and bear lvl 6)

It also pops up frequently on the exchange, 10 at a time

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Chat claims the new perk works on mealworms, the perk itself states it works on streak (which mealworms do not)

Both of those can't be true. Or maybe they can, and the streak statement is just paraphrased from "works on streak when manually fishing"

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Klungar posted:

I’m getting 7.2-7.3M silver per LN in PC, myself, with only one more GM to go.

That doesnt sound right? Im getting 8,3m and have 3 GMs left.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Tolth posted:

The sheer amount of clicking in this game is becoming an actual RSI risk. If they're going to prohibit botting they need a much better in-game solution than Apple Cider.

I solved the problem by using all my apples on cider, and only exploring with cider and AP.

I have millions of stamina banked from OJs…

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

What does everyone do with their livestock?

I just pet and feed them, i rarely bother butchering them unless i need bacon or leather for a quest.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Speaking of buying steaks to donate, you can buy your way to the 100k donated items today. Its only ~5b if you start from scratch

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Why did he nerf resource saver perk instead of the T90 perk (which not that many have)

To apease the whales? :tinfoil:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Where can i find a list of what the tower perks do?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Nice, thanks. There are some real nice ones later.
I have millions of stamina and am capped on nets and ap, guess i need to start grinding more GMs.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Personal requests shouldnt be done before 4x99 i think.

Im being requested roughly the same amount of stuff but receive 50-100 million silver

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Great, another corn jail.

Such a fun meme, lets embrace it completely.

I much rather grow corn another 100 times instead of growing mushrooms to progress towards more GMs.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Tahirovic posted:

I think I figured out why this game is so much fun, I do plan my masteries and GMs a bit but it always ends up like this:
1) I want to GM bottle rockets, I need feathers, lets explore Small Spring for feathers!
2) Oh I run out of Coal, lets go to Banon
3) Oh I run I have max inv Carbon, lets craft steel/wire for oak stuff
4) oh I run out of Oak, lets put a couple APs into WC
5) What was I doing? Ah yeah, I need feathers, back to Small Spring

I find myself jumping from zone to zone because something hits max inventory and I need other resources to craft that into useful stuff. This whole cycle is really fun for me, trying to not void anything useful and get some progress on all those masteries and GMs.

Im the exact opposite, having to constantly remember which zone to go to for the next part of the loop and juggling like 8 different item goals at the same time is not fun, always second guessing if i am going to the most optimal zone or wondering if i shiuld be crafting something else.

Most days i just craft my stamina items and check in a few times to harvest crops and craft capped resources.

I am capped on OJ and AP now so i guess i need to start using them.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

That is extremely unlucky.

I dislike that gold fish are only from manual fishing but did eventually get the tower unlocked without a script.

I manually fished the last 40 fish i needed (fliers even) and got them in about 800 mealworms.

As with everything in this game, now that i no longer need them i have plenty of them. I even have a thousand grab bag 7 unopened.

Make sure you buy every occurence of grab bag 7’s from the exchange, 500 gels aren’t difficult to get.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

FewtureMD posted:

63/64 Gold Leaves...Whispering Creek had better be worth all this effort :shepicide:

It is not a gigantic leap in xp per click like the last fishing zones are compared to earlier ones, but WC lets you get raptor eggs which give you antlers which gives you nets which lets you make a lot of money which lets you buy ALL THE THINGS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I give newbies valuable stuff, like gems or iced tea :smug: