Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I figure I'll give this a shot because I'm addicted to idle games. Might not stick around because mobile games arne't normally my thing.

There is a space to put in a referral when I register an account, is there any benefit to the referrer for that? Does some random goon want a gem or w/e currency they'd get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay there is an inventory cap per item, is there also a cap on number of items? Because giving how this crafting and quests look it sorta feels liek I should just horde every last thing until I'm sure I don't need it and/or I need money for some reason.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah you can take things out of your mailbox immediately but you can't send things until level 10 farming, so the hot potatoes people keep giving you will stick around for a bit.

What should I be spending my initial gold on? The game is giving me a fair bit but I don't really know where the real value is there.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Also you can click on any item and it will tell you if it there are quests that need it. Says 'like 'requests remaining' or something

I assume if it doesn't list any then it doesn't have any.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I've mostly just been using my resources to complete requests, but now all my requests require farming so there is nothing to do but wait for those. So now I'm earning energy and wood/straw per hour and stuff and don't really know what to do with them.

I guess I should be using them to level up my poo poo? Whats an efficient way to turn resources into exp to level up crafting or w/e?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Roughly how rare are runestones from crops? I'm trying to get runestones 1-10 to get access to the exploration zone and all I got left to go is the stone from leeks and cukes.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

susan b buffering posted:

Keep in mind you can get 1-10 from the wishing well. There's a spreadsheet of items somewhere in the library. I think that's how I got the one that drops with leeks.

I looked at the spreadsheet but it seems only some of 1-10 are available and neither leeks or cukes is.

Also good to know I should do the quest first for the same reward and completion. I'm on leeks for the quest anyway.

So now it's a question if I wanna do a bunch of leeks fishing for a rune or a bunch of corn for the special requests that just opened as I hit a level breakpoint. Probably the special requests for the guaranteed payday and limited availability.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm a wee baby fish but I still managed to save up 12 million today to put into steak, I need that money to upgrade sawmill and w/e so I can't just sit on it and wait to sell at a price better than 50 or w/e, so I'll almost certainly sell tomorrow. Still 80% return on an average market day.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I have an 800 streak and only 3 golden fliers. Gold fish suck.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I've just been doing some manual fishing now and then to try and get all the streaks up for cheevo points or w/e. Including a mechanic that I can do endlessly by buying bait and manually clicking is the exact sort of poo poo I hate in an idle game.

Too much clik.

Also I got all my runestones (following the quest) up to corn now. If I'm lucky I'll get the corn runestone while doing all these quests and won't have to specifically grind for it after.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 17, 2022

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

koshmar posted:

I keep seeing people mentioning "The Quest" which one is it? A way forward 1 is the only quest I have that needs a runestone.

'A way forward' and 'strange rocks' are both quest chains that each ask for a runestone I think there are 10 quests in each chain, from what I've seen. I think I needed one of each for the quest? I wasn't realy paying attention since alot of them I just happened to have anyway and just spam clicked 'complete' as I went. But those are the two quest chains I've seen.

I've been putting money into the orchard and I'm up to about 200 of each tree, I should just be turning all of these into juice to pump out more exploration for poo poo right? Or is there some better use of fruit?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah I'm at 200 wood/boards coming out of the sawmill and I don't know if I want to keep pumping that or just max the orchard now. Been turning wood into fancy pipes or hour glasses (limited by mushrooms on hourglasses so mostly pipes) and sturdy shields with boards.

Which means I make like, 400-500k ish every hour I think. Might be closer to 300? I don't really count.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

What is the best source for glass bottles? An exploration zone surely, but which one is the best energy;bottle ratio or whatever?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay I have 500 of each orchard tree, 500 hourly in sawmill, hayfield, quarry, what do I upgrade/unlock next?

Is 500 grapes a priority or should I level the owl pet or something with my money. I'm making prooobably 50-70 million a day by making lanterns for a benchmark.

E: I suppose a level 4 owl is only 10m which is extremely doable and is 80% as good as a level 5 owl so that seems an obvious purchase.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 25, 2022

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

What about cows and chickens? I can't do pigs and up yet as I think I still need to buy farm upgrades (currently it's 100m to upgrade farm capacity and 25m for a feedmill or flour mill)

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Starting to play this, is there a good referral code to use? I don’t think the one in the OP is working

Edit maybe it is working? How do I get the bonus?

IIRC you don't get the referral bonus until you hit farming 20 or something. So you have to play for a bit then you'll get the referral reward.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Well I finally got my lavasphere. I know I need to craft a doodad to get to the next areas but it requires a quest reward and I'm not sure which. Still need to hit 70 in farming to get cotton for one of the quests and the other requires 250 of a ton of different fish which is gonna take quite a few nets.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I got about average luck on corn but I got both eggplant and hops, the other two crop runestones between 11-20, without even having to grind for them. Now I'm just walled by the quests that require me to get a ton of fish or do some exploring for bugs.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm not done with corn jail quest but I've been chasing the explore/fishing zone unlock quests instead and explore zone quest 16 is TWO CORN RUNESTONES.

Just when I try to get out they PULL ME BACK IN.

luckily I already have 1 and haven't reached the pity one yet so I won't have to grind for an unknown amount of time, but also gently caress. I was really hoping I could get to the zone and get a material for a monthly quest before wednesday, but now I' mgoing ot have to get very lucky.

E: also I have every farm upgrade that's cheaper than a billion, I've maxed my orchard (until I buy mor etree space with gold upgrades) sawmill, quarry, etc, so I'm wondering if it's time to save up a billion for a level 6 pet for another row of corn?

If I do save up a billion whats the best use of it? I'm at 300 million currently because I just got a 100,000 item mastery but it'll be awhile before another of those hits.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

They do keep unlocking, according to the library I have literally hundreds of quest left, they're based on levels tho so it's pretty uneven when I get them.

Though they do get alot harder so I only have like 10 available quests but each one is going to take at least some effort to do.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The next BIG quest lines hit at exploring 68 and fishing 68 fwiw.

Also complaining about corn worked again because I hit a corn runestone on my very next harvest. I was at 130/300 corn and 1/2 runestones, now I'm 140/corn and 2/2 runestones and should be able to finish this quest today.

I have no idea at what point I'll get the compass in the questline but I really hope I can get it done tomorrow for 100 arnold palmers.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 30, 2022

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I do have that unlocked but I got lucky and got my corn rune anyway. I want to unlock the exploration zone if possible because there is a special request for blue gel which has a chonky reward and runs out soon.

Not sure I'll make it tho but we'll see.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

ugh, only 10, so not even close. Man the quests to unlock these zones are brutal.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I spent mine on frog so I could open up the fishing/exploration zones easier. I'm back up to 400m in only a couple days so it's not like the second billion will take that long.

As an aside, is there a particular long-grow-time crop that I'll need in the future for quests? Cotton or something maybe? I don't have any quests that currently need anything and I have some grape juice to use.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I need 300 salt, which translates to 15,000 salt rock. I can get that from WC at a rate of like, 50 per arnold palmer, so 300 arnold palmers or like 100,000 stamina or something?

Is there a faster way to get these or is that just how it be sometimes.

I need to do a ton of WC to get to 99 anyway I guess so it's not like it matters.

What do I do with all the materials from WC I'd get on the way to 99? they seem all to be pretty useless aside from the fruit and oak, and I get way more oak than I could ever use. Garnets are nice too I guess, the other stuff doesn't even sell for much, it'd be less work to just void it.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

How do you get the angler fish for the new fishing zone unlock quest? I'm on the very first step and I can understand that I need to exchange stuff for shark's teeth but I don't know where the angler fish comes from.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Wow rude.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

the macaw pays out tens of millions each day in large nets and blue dye with a variety of other great drops so I’d bump that to your first L6 after the frog if you’re stuck in leaf hell

Yeah that's the plan. I bought the frog in leaf hell and got out and was up to 800m, but buying the macaw and hitting level 5 set that back a bit. i'll still hit another billion in a couple days or less.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I do ocassionally go 'oh man, i need 300 squid, time to go back and get those' and theoretically if I had kept them I might be able to avoid doing this sometimes? but also gently caress it.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I think you'll need like, 3 or 4 runestone 11s eventually? But there is a pity one in corn jail, and a quest that takes 1 and gives 2. So unless you get really unlucky it shouldn't be a problem.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

You do however get some gold and like 250 million silver, so that actually helped me toward my first billion by grand mastering something easy like wood.

E: also 2 raptor eggs now, but not hatched yet. really want those antlers tho.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 10, 2022

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I hit 99 crafting first. Fishing is second highest but still only 90. Not sure how I'd have enough nets to hit 99 before I finished crafting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

They feel, to me, like the sort of thing that were just hidden in patch notes or sprinkled out through events over time. Without the initial context though they'd be impossible to find. So I just went down the list and put em all in.