Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

As someone with only a few days to their account, how do I best turn my dwindling orange and lemon juice stocks into the 94 snowballs I need to get 30m?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

H110Hawk posted:

And further more why is your mailbox so small?

Because everyone in this game wants my gold, but only some offer compelling discounts.

Changed my user name to be the same as on here.

Edit: I lied, it's Griddle Of Love, in case capitalisation matters.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Thanks to a few generous goons, I can now say "Ha ha ha, I'm rich!"

Time to invest these ill gotten gains into warehousing and wood and iron production, I think. Shootout to Admiral Joeslop, Jezzerh and Rakeris for enabling this!

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

I got three wishing well uses every day that I don't know what to do with, any suggestions?

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

kaptainkaffeine posted:

The gently caress is the deal with the new fishing event? I made some frozen nets and it looked like Glacier Lake was already partially done, so I threw em in and got nothing interesting.

Turns out you’re supposed to throw them in the first 6 fishing spots for Frozen Bones, which are also today’s community center donation. There’s a 500 snowball/day limit on frozen nets. So I wasted them and can’t donate, which is one of my dailies today.

this, along with the buddy 4 pine tree and milk&cookies situation, is making me kind of hate this winter event.

Sadly neither nets nor bones are giftable either.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

If people have that many spare Rudolphs, can someone hook me up with just a single one to get the reindeer ball rolling? Griddle of Love

EDIT: Thanks!

Griddle of Love fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 24, 2023

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Am I too late for spare Dancer? Also thank you again to Rakeris for subsidizing my exploration skill.

I don't remember posting this, and yet it's me 100%

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Does the lemon squeezer upgrade apply to Arnold Palmers?
Also, while it's on discount, do I want the giant spoon eventually, or is that a safe one to pass up?

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Ghostlight posted:

Yes the squeezer does, and if the spoon is on sale why not - you will get quite bored of individually activating each oven option as your cooking improves.

Cool, thanks! I have more pressing things I could argue for spending gold on first, but I figure in the long run gold is finite and being a cheapskate will pay off. Are sales global or individual, by the way?

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Wait, you need more than one of those? I can't even get the one for wishing well Dancer, despite my best efforts, how many more could you use up?

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Twincityhacker posted:

Griddle of Love, I just sent you Dancer and some flieres.

Also I declared finishing "Buddy Christmas Adventure IV" the end of that quest chain for the season. I might do some more exploring in Santa's Workshop for one more milk and cookies for collections sake but I'm not going for another 50 for the *actual* end of that questline.

That was huge with how many other quest stages it allowed me to just hand in immediately afterwards.

How silly are the odds for milk and cookies, like average stamina used for each?

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Is there anyone who wants a small amount of Lemonade every now and then? I'm too lazy to use them before I hit crafting 92, and they're starting to stack up.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Is there anything before level 92 crafting (large nets) that speeds up fishing? I have reinforced netting, but fishing still takes me at least a minute per 15 valentines cards I make, and it's driving me nuts.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

H110Hawk posted:

Sea Pincher Special. Need some? What's your IGN?

Sounds cool (if a bit stressful with the timer). I don't have cooking yet myself, so i would appreciate it.

Griddle Of Love

PS to All the lovely and generous goons who have been force feeding me orange juice for two months I say thanks, and feel free to take the foot off the gas, I don't currently do enough exploring to use up all the stamina, despite having plenty of apple cider.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

I just looked up the Better Late Than Never quest line, and it's an outrage! Here I am scrounging up hundreds of fish bones and the big reward at the end is locked behind having 99 in all skills! (Also 200 bottles of wine, but that's probably less of an issue for you if you're that far into the game already).

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

monkeytennis posted:

I just don’t trust stuff like this. I’ve been burned too many times selling or trading stuff then shortly afterwards getting a quest that needs the same item.

Hand over 4000 beers for a belt and you watch - there will be a quest next week that requires 1000 beers.

You fling around numbers like that, or makes the offers at the exchange look like a sick, sick joke.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Hit the point in the game where I seem to be main quest gated by level 6 pet upgrades. Wondering if there's better money sources than sturdy bows right now.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

hambeet posted:

fishing becomes the next best source of silver, but it'll depends on what you have unlocked now if that's viable.

can you scale up your farm production facilities so you're pumping out bows and lanterns at a greater pace?

blue coin purses are excellent money if you're grinding those areas for quests, but probably not cost effective to go after specifically.

edit: you're making lanterns yeah?

https://farmrpg.com/#!/wiki.php?page=Crafting+Advice

https://farmrpg.com/#!/wiki.php?page=Late%20Game%20Crafting%20Advice

Yeah, to dump my magicite and have something that doesn't need mushroom paste. I inadvertent burned the majority of my stamina on forest explore just for those drat shrooms, I'll try farming them instead while my OJ reserves recover.

I have been sleeping on pipes and blue coin bags, and fishing will pick up after the pet locked main quest progress. So I guess I'm mostly on the right track, thanks!

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

I got my first mega mastery, but I also got about 13 other mastery thresholds at the same time, so I was mashing and only ended up reading something about a borgen buck discount, and I'm not sure what the overall rewards for a MM were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Ghostlight posted:

2.5b silver, a borgen bag, and a discount on how many ancient coins you have to spend to earn future borgen bucks.

Thanks!