Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay relatively new to this game, everyone seems so friendly though.

Dumb question: what do I use ancient coins for? I’ve maxed out at 250 and wonder if I should be using them on something at this stage or should I worry about it later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet, though I haven’t put my name on the spreadsheet yet as I’ve been feeling out the game, but I think I’m getting hooked.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ruggan posted:

I sent you 50 gold, put that towards making your mailbox bigger

Oh wow! Thanks!

And thanks to all you other generous people.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thank you MarcusSA for ensuring I’m getting my daily recommended intake of vitamin C

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Proletarian Mango posted:

is every fishing spot after the crystal river gonna be fast like that because i literally can't get anything no matter how fast i spam my mouse button it doesnt register anything

is the 7 1000 streak thing even worth it

Crystal river surprised me with the speed change and the ones only go halfway, but it's a billion times easier on my phone. ios at least anyway.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Omg there’s going to be 99 bottles of hops quests isn’t there?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And it only took until XXXVII for that to dawn on me…

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay I need a quarry I think. Stone is ridiculous, especially when chasing fancy pipes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ugh how many cucumbers do i need to harvest to get the rune stone...

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

rafikki posted:

Assuming you’re hambeet in game, I just sent you some breakfast boosts. Should let you harvest cucumbers instantly.

yes you did! oh thank you. that might help. let's give it a whirl.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

rafikki posted:

Assuming you’re hambeet in game, I just sent you some breakfast boosts. Should let you harvest cucumbers instantly.

omg you're the best

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Someone in chat said it wasn’t counting items correctly or something?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Distelt, MarcusSA you two are super generous. Can I get you anything?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Honestly the same. If you want to send some I’ll take it but once you have thousands of juice you can trade 40 Oj for 1k paste.

I just can’t be bothered to sit in trade. I really wish they had an AH or trading post.

Will do!

Lurking Loach posted:

You've both been a great help to me too and it won't be much but I'll send over laughably small quantities of paste every chance I get!

In the meantime, surely there are secret mechanics to extract the skeletons from all these healthy fish I'm pulling in. The valentine's day cards crave bones

Yeah Rosalie and the other are dreaming if they think I’ll make 200 cards each

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

let me know when you want to go back to oj :classiclol:

lol it was out of spite i wasn't going to make them!!!!

thanks

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

is there any point to a second inferno sphere or can i just sell it, holding onto one only.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

man i wish they'd fix the temple i need a diamond for buddy ffs.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey is the flour mill a good money spinner?

I've been down sawmill silver, still haven't quite gotten to Lanterns yet. Am set to turnover 30mil today it looks like and wondered about diminishing returns on sawmill and should i split some of that money into something else.

Orchard is around 150 trees each at the moment.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey do food items that increase harvest amount (eg. harvest three times as many) increase chance of the runestone dropping?

To ask it another way, are the crop runestones tied to the act of harvesting or the actual crop harvested?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

H110Hawk posted:

And 7 of them to boot!

:five:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

runestone 11 suckssss

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

selan dyin posted:

love to plant corn

i guess you could say i'm in a corn hole.

thank you. i'll be here all night planting corn

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

hambeet it is time to stop sending me mushroom paste. you will need it more than i need the oj

lmao! i was waiting for you to hit stop. and i'm getting the paste super easy now anyway so it's no big deal to me

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

it seems we are at an impasse

if you don't need it i'll stop. i do appreciate the oj and don't want to take it without giving something back you see.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

oh i need it, that's why i'm worried you might be hamstringing your tower progress by giving it to me

nah it's all good on this end. not even remotely needing large quantities of it yet, but i can turn it around pretty quickly if i do

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm chaining the quests for both the compass and the tribal mask atm and now everyone wants broccoli for the current quests. lucky I went with the juice waterfall upgrade the other day, so I should smash some out once the day ticks over in a few hours.

The tribal mask looks to be the easiest, smooth sailing once I get some broccoli as i have all the other items for the following quests.

It's the Parts Unknown quest chain that seems more annoying.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

with the craftworks, generating items eg. straw from the hay field, will still only max out at the max inventory yes?

for example if i had inventory space of 600, a hay field generating 700 per hour and i'm making lanterns in the craftworks, i'll still only get 600 straw out of that hay field wont i?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

H110Hawk posted:

They just sent me a message alleging I'm autoclicking. Guess I'm done fishing forever.

idk how they'd detect it, unless you're letting it run for a long time, far beyond the patience of an ordinary human doing it manually. because while i'm not a coder it looks like there's a random timing between each fish click so they couldn't pick it up that way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

finally got the tribal mask. fishing at the large island is pretty lucrative. can't wait till i can make large nets.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

"i trained my parrot to tap on the tablet"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh nice, cats meow and the fishing multiplier stack. 10 minutes and i hit 1,000 on three more spots to hit the achievement.

next one is 10,000 @ 10 which is uhhh, i think i'll be okay thanks.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

game needs a glass works

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Twincityhacker posted:

I am giving my eggs to Mayia, and she'll get there when she gets there.

I spend 50% of my exploring time in Cane Pole Ridge just for for unpolished shimmer stone, as I feel I use more the of the drops there than exploring Mount Bannon for unpolished shimmer stone.

yeah i just hit up the ember lagoon as i'm also getting rocks, magicite, emberstone and others, but it's still a pain that i'd prefer not to manage at all. i have a steel works, why not a glass works!!!!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

how the hell do you get shark teeth?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

The bug where quick crafting stops working till you back out to the main screen is absolutely infuriating.

This and also if I’m exploring for more stone because rings and bottles ran out, it won’t create more until I flip back into workshop I’ve noticed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Twincityhacker posted:

I am wildly disapointed that buying additonal ovens doesn't increase your cooking xp like buying additional crop rows increases your farming xp.

So many onion soups. So many.

Yeah I’m pretty sure I’ll have bounced off this game in about a months time and it will solely be due to cooking

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

just love it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jorge Bell posted:

How do I get more money from the vaults? It's only giving me like 30k!

yeah just level up. saving up via the sawmill silver route and buying buildings at the farm gave me the quickest level upgrades and biggest upswing in vault money.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Good April fools gag with the buddy stones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

How do you get cheese? I seem to only get it via pets or the well. Is that all? Working towards tower currently but ugh.