Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?

I had been ignoring looking up the mailbox passwords because they felt like cheating but this post convinced me to just go ahead and use them. If the answers are literally in the in game guide its probably fair game. While its kind of nice that after scrimping and saving for every thousand silver the whole game you suddenly get like 800k dropped in your lap, it does feel like this breaks the early game. I Wonder why the devs decided to implement it this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?

Agent355 posted:

I have an 800 streak and only 3 golden fliers. Gold fish suck.

Yeah the flier in particular seems to have a much lower drop rate than the others. That’s the point where I just gave up the gold fish quest until I can get mealworms and just started fishing exclusively with nets.

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?
Man corn jail is nothing compared to hops jail, at least with corn jail you can check in every hour, hops you to check every 4 minutes. Runestone 16 is the last one I need and I’m close to mastering hops without seeing it. I’m tempted to just wait until I’m farm lvl 80 and can get the guaranteed rune from the 99 bottles quest but exp from crops is so slow And I’m only lvl 75 right now (already have the 100 mil crop row). So I’m kind of stuck farming items for lanterns and continually planting hops until I find one naturally

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?

Koryk posted:

I begged some Shimmer Stone off of someone who was voiding it for GM.

Now I’m 2/64 for Gold Leafs. *sigh* Not as close as I thought.

Yeah I’m stuck right before that part trying to get a corn rune and I’m not looking forward to it. I’ve seen it recommended to grab the frog pet And level it to 6 ASAP just to get leaves but that costs a billion silver. I already have 29 leaves after buying some from Bergen Wednesday so I’m debating whether to do that or resign myself to farming the forest for however long it takes to get the rest of them.

Edit: not sure how I quoted a post from page 5, you’re probably done by now

Moldy Sausage fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 29, 2022

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?

Keep in mind that pc is the lvl 80 fishing zone, while WC is only lvl 70. The quest is meant to be a bump up in difficulty. I’m a new player and was frustrated doing the quest too but apart from the gold fish it really isn’t too bad, you just need to buy the macaw and snake as early as possible and wait a few days. Gold fish do suck and I wish there was an alternative way to get them besides capybara.

To continue the chain, I’m stuck on the next annoying roadblock after pc, getting to 99 exploring. Lvl 88 may seem like a lot but it’s barely more than 1/4 of the way there. I’m tempted to just take a hiatus and only log on once a day to bank up stamina until the next event then just spam wc and just ignore the drops. Hopefully the new zone does something to fix 80+ exploring because so far this and the quest rewards/rare items that don’t do anything are only part of the game that really feel unfinished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?

Vasler posted:

It looks like seaweed, giant squids and cheese are going to be difficult to get for A Towering Investment IV. Cheese only comes from a pet, right?

I can spam large nets (so many large nets) to get the seaweed and squid (drat these things have low drop rates) but cheese?

Note to anyone earlier in the game: don't sell things like seaweed, pufferfish and giant squid!!!

Cheese can be mailed so you can just ask for some in giveaway chat. Note that Gouda from the exchange center is not the same thing as cheese. Spiked shells are even worse than seaweed, so start throwing salt into the well for it if you’re all set on geckos (but make sure you have at least 600 salt if you haven’t done ATI III yet)

Moldy Sausage fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 3, 2022