Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I didn’t get the hops rune until the pity one at the 80 bottles quest, but the corn one “only” took me until like 6000 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Xerol posted:

Yeah I am just completely out of quests to do that need anything farmed, I just have the four level 6 pet quests and one that needs 400 salt. I assume a lot of quests are going to open up when I get exploring past 90. Levels are 98/99/99/88 right now.

the only one that opens when you hit all 90s is A Towering Investment, which asks for 2 billion right at the start lol

Agent355 posted:

'A way forward' and 'strange rocks' are both quest chains that each ask for a runestone I think there are 10 quests in each chain, from what I've seen. I think I needed one of each for the quest? I wasn't realy paying attention since alot of them I just happened to have anyway and just spam clicked 'complete' as I went. But those are the two quest chains I've seen.

I've been putting money into the orchard and I'm up to about 200 of each tree, I should just be turning all of these into juice to pump out more exploration for poo poo right? Or is there some better use of fruit?

Once your sawmill is cranking out millions of crafting materials in silver a day, aim to hit your inventory cap of orchard (and keep it updated every day), that's where your next major sources of money come in, exploring for better poo poo to craft. Just make it all into Lemonade/OJ and eat all your apples by the end of the day and start making the stuff that requires steel (and later lanterns).

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 17, 2022

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Arcturas posted:

What do I do with the infinity glass orbs I get from the bottles on the wall quest? I’m constantly just selling them to avoid voiding them, but that seems silly.

make more bottles, steel, or start mastering magnifying glasses

Weedle posted:

my current quest requires 400 gold peppers and 400 gold peas. at least those are very short grows, but. gently caress.

honestly if you ask in chat people will probably just give these to you

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Honestly get the owl to 5 ASAP, you need a ton of honey and there’s no good way to get it.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

koshmar posted:

Do levels other than 3 and 6 do anything?

You get X items per hour from them depending on their level. The owl the only good source of honey until you hit 99 in everything, and you need like 3000 of it for various later game quests. However, once you hit level 6 on a pet it dilutes the pool a bit more with 3 more items, so you're getting more total items but less honey.

I'd get the owl up to 5 and leave it there until you get like...thousands of honey over time or else you're gonna have a real bad time later in the game. If it's trivial to do, get most of your pets up to 3/4 as soon as possible with the owl at 5.

Some good first pets to 6 are the frog because you need a boatload of gold leaf and feathers in mid to late game quests, the armadillo because small screws have the same problem as honey, or the green dragon if you get that far in levels without a level 6 as they generate millions in craftable inferno orbs per day.

You first 100m/1b/10b should 100% be the storehouse +2 inventory daily upgrade though, that makes the biggest overall long term impact IMO.

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 19, 2022

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Honey is honestly the worst garbage to keep having to wait for, very tempted to plow through the rest of my exploring levels as soon as possible to get that bear.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

rafikki posted:

New pet released, gets crab claws at level 6

New pet drops a lot of stupidly good stuff. Regular nets AND large nets, Large Chest 2 (for the millions of screws you need), and crab claws. A level 6 parrot would make its money back in a couple weeks from the nets alone.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah get the storehouse upgrade, then get either the frog if you’re still gated by gold leafs or the green dragon if you’ve progressed that much by then.
edit: the new macaw seems like a good alternative to the dragon if you have the last fishing area, as each large net is worth about 4m silver with all the upgrades

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 21, 2022

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Koryk posted:

What’s the most effective way to get the 64 gold leafs for whispering creek unlock? Farming them straight out of the forest seems like it will take over 300k stamina.

I can probably pull 2-3 out of the wishing well a day, I don’t have any 1 billion unlocks yet, but it seems if I rush tree frog that will give me 12 per day?

Bacon x 9 in the well averages at 3 per day, and the forest will get you some more with luck. Other than that it’s the frog. Luckily the forest gives you a boatload of leather and mushroom and net materials for crafting other things, but its really up to you if you want to spend a billion early on the frog.
You’ll need him eventually for other gold feather asks but there’s also better stuff to spend money on too.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Agent355 posted:

What is the best source for glass bottles? An exploration zone surely, but which one is the best energy;bottle ratio or whatever?

If you’re building lanterns mount banon for the extra coal and also the carbon for steel. If you just want glass ember lagoon is the way to go.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

tuyop posted:

Ugh how do we level up exploring again?

you drink a lot of juice and eat a lot of apples and tap the screen for 100000 years on the highest level area you have unlocked

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

tildes posted:

Will I need sunflowers and cotton later, or am I safe to sell them for $$? Haven’t used them for anything yet.

You'll need a boatload of cotton throughout the game.
Sunflowers you need for a few help requests later on, I'd keep like 500 or so and then sell any extras on top of that.

https://buddy.farm/i/sunflower/

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Kalman posted:

Only thing that's manual only is gold fish - everything else can be netted (including runestones and super-rares).
the gold boot in the final finish zone is also only manual fishing

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

now that crab claws are a common drop from the new pet, sea dragons, geckos, and frogs are easy to get a handful of each day from the well which is faaaaaantastic

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Lawlicaust posted:

Getting to Parts Unknown XX and Islands are Hard to Catch feels like hitting a huge wall. I had hoped I'd unlock Whispering Creek in time to finish to quench the worst thirst vii but I don't think there's any chance of that happening now. Like an idiot, I didn't buy the lemur until I got Parts Unknown XX because I thought... who needs all these bugs? Now being 40/128 on beetles feels really bad... =(

just ask in giveaways chat, most players have 1000 beetles they'll give you

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Your inventory space determines your entire income in the game after the early part and you have your sawmill and orchards started. Definitely drop a little bit of gold into some upgrades at the start (maybe up to +200) and every milestone silver amount you get put into the storehouse first.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

IMO get the Owl up to level 5 ASAP and leave him there, you will need literally 3000 honey for various poo poo and at level 5 the owl drops like 10 a day and that's the only source of honey until you get 99 in all stats

source: the current two quests I have available I can work on are waiting for honey drops for a quest that needs 200 and a quest that needs 600

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Tahirovic posted:

So I need some help with silver spending decisions.
I have a sawmill making 466boards/wood per hour. 250 apple, 260 oranges, 310 lemons. 400 grapes per day. 11 Iron/33Nails every 3 mins. 11 steel and 4 wire per hour. 270 straw/hour. 540 stone per hour with a 932 inventory.
My pets:

I have all farm upgrades I can get with 83 farming. I have the 100m crop row.
I am on the second last step of Parts Unknown, one that requires Corn while I am in Corn jail to begin with. Large Islands are unlocked and making me tons of silver.
Where do I focus my silver now?

Max your orchard to your inventory size as a next step for sure.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Agent355 posted:

I'm not done with corn jail quest but I've been chasing the explore/fishing zone unlock quests instead and explore zone quest 16 is TWO CORN RUNESTONES.

Just when I try to get out they PULL ME BACK IN.

luckily I already have 1 and haven't reached the pity one yet so I won't have to grind for an unknown amount of time, but also gently caress. I was really hoping I could get to the zone and get a material for a monthly quest before wednesday, but now I' mgoing ot have to get very lucky.

E: also I have every farm upgrade that's cheaper than a billion, I've maxed my orchard (until I buy mor etree space with gold upgrades) sawmill, quarry, etc, so I'm wondering if it's time to save up a billion for a level 6 pet for another row of corn?

If I do save up a billion whats the best use of it? I'm at 300 million currently because I just got a 100,000 item mastery but it'll be awhile before another of those hits.

Upgrade storehouse for more daily inventory, then the frog if you need gold leafs or feathers for quests or the macaw if you’ve got the last fishing zone unlocked for millions and millions of gold from large nets daily and some other great passive drops. Then probably green dragon for more millions of gold each day from spheres.

Then the 1b crop row.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Hit 99 farming, now I just need, uh, 900,000,000 exploring XP to max that out oh no

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

tildes posted:

Ah dang, I spent my stamina poorly today then. Came so close to getting parts unknown finished in time to get blue gel but I think dice/spectacles will end up gating me. Still, nice to not have to worry about gold leaves as much any more. Does enough other stuff require it apart from the parts unknown quest that I should still get my frog to level 6?

Eventually, yes. You'll need those gold feathers too.
https://buddy.farm/i/gold-leaf/
https://buddy.farm/i/gold-feather/

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

monkeytennis posted:

The camp market has shinefish for 100AC each today. Buy as many as you can. You’ll thank me later.

or just level up your cat to 6 sometime in the next couple months so by the time you hit those endgame quests you'll have enough

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Shinjobi posted:

100 spiders

Does it get worse

ask in giveaway chat and you will be overflowing with bugs

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

koshmar posted:

Am I screwing myself by using emberstones to craft unpolished shimmer? I'm voiding ember farming Ember Lagoon

Nah. Some quests will need it but it's not super hard to get and you need hundreds of glass orbs per day so you'll be rebuilding your supply regardless.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

tildes posted:

One more question: anglerfish and sharks teeth? It seems like I can’t get these from fishing and buddy.farm not showing exactly what’s up.

anglerfish is a level 6 macaw drop, shark teeth show up in the exchange center every other day

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Agent355 posted:

I spent mine on frog so I could open up the fishing/exploration zones easier. I'm back up to 400m in only a couple days so it's not like the second billion will take that long.

As an aside, is there a particular long-grow-time crop that I'll need in the future for quests? Cotton or something maybe? I don't have any quests that currently need anything and I have some grape juice to use.

Most of em you'll need for quests later, I'd just throw all your grape juice at your highest available crop and keep a ton of them on hand as you'll get a boatload of XP for it too.

https://buddy.farm/ is a good resource for figuring out what you'll need in the future.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

They cut the EC quest requirements in half and it now refreshes in the middle of the day, time to plow through those quests now.

And holy moly those steelworks upgrades get real expensive real fast

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Lag seems really bad today. Wonder what's up?

a bunch of people unlocked the new fishing zone and are dumping thousands and thousands of large nets into it at once

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

the macaw pays out tens of millions each day in large nets and blue dye with a variety of other great drops so I’d bump that to your first L6 after the frog if you’re stuck in leaf hell

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Once you hit 300-400 boards and wood, work towards maxing out the orchard so it caps your inventory every day. That’ll give a stupid amount of exploring stamina (and xp) that’ll further let you craft more and get more silver, and so on.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Got to the new fishing area and at over 6m silver per large net, lol lmao

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

antlers for sale for 1AC today too, time to cash in a few billion more silver

not like I can do much until I scrounge up another 500 honey anyway

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

koshmar posted:

I just unlocked large island. What should I be selling to make Silver?

all the fish on large island are easily farmable with a handful of large nets, just sell em all from there for a cool 4m per large net

the only fish that are a pain in the rear end to get back other than gold fish are giant squids, seaweed, and spiked shells and to a lesser extent catfish, flarefins, flourifish, ruby fish, octopus, and mussels. the rest can easily be pulled out in large batches with a handful of large nets

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

obi_ant posted:

I upgraded it and it was just a button that allows you to sell everything that isn’t locked. So make sure your gold poo poo is locked.

lock your gold stuff and anything with help requests that aren't in large island, then just go nuts with large nets. it saves an absurd amount of time

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Quackles posted:

Red alert! This is not a drill.

Firestream just made it so that using Apple Cider increases item drop rates.

"the increase is anywhere from 3-10% more per zone"
So maybe not worth MAKING apple ciders just yet but using the ones you've got? Sure why not.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

update: the item gains in Whispering Creek are SUBSTANTIAL

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Green and Red dragon drops everything except 15, 19, and 20.

Tarantula drops 15 AND 20
Python drops 15
Frog drops 19
Squirrel drops 20

So whatever combination of those

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

by the time you need more than the initial few you'll have 100 of them

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The crawl to exploring 99 is sapping my will to live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, lanterns until you unlock the last couple fishing areas and ways to make nets easily.
The FASTEST way to level up farming is to buy new buildings or crop rows, if you’ve already got the 1b storehouse upgrade and a handful of the important pets, definitely look into getting that next. 4 sets of beets or sunflowers a day with grape juice will also give some good gains too.