Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Running sims until the chargers win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't know if you've noticed. my friend is ranking the qbs

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Pontius Pilate posted:

Running sims until the chargers win

Quantum computing isn't that widely available.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am going to Vegas tomorrow so I will do the Wild Card round now. I will finish the season when I get back this weekend.

:siren: Wild Card Matchups :siren:

Los Angeles 45, Indianapolis 24

Austin Ekeler is your player of the game with 17 carries for 144 yards and 2 TDs, adding 3 receptions for 28 yards and another TD. A clean mistake free game from the Chargers with a strong ground performance shoots them into the Divisional round. The Colts running game was solid but had to be abandoned early once the Chargers went up big, and Carson Wentz couldn't pull the Colts even.

Cleveland 21, New England 24

An 18 point comeback in the fourth quarter doomed the Browns as they fall to New England by three. Mac Jones had a quiet night in the first three quarters but came alive in the fourth, throwing two TDs while the Browns offense completely stalled, and the Patriots can celebrate after a last second field goal from Nick Folk sends the Patriots to the divisional round.

Buffalo 12, Denver 29

Buffalo got on the board first, but could never manage to get in the endzone as Denver cruised to a relatively easy double digit victory over the Bills on the back of Javonte Williams. The Denver defense stifled Josh Allen and forced two interceptions, and Teddy Bridgewater was content to just take care of the ball and hand it off.

Philadelphia 28, Minnesota 32

Thanks to a pair of touchdowns in the fourth quarter, the Vikings pulled off a 15 point comeback and squeaked by the Eagles by four points. Kirk Cousins had a great game in throwing four touchdowns, the last of which put Minnesota on top with under a minute to go. The Vikings defense did their part as well, holding the Eagles passing and running game in check while forcing an interception and four sacks.

Green Bay 28, San Francisco 35 Despite this being a one score game, San Francisco dominated from start to finish. Up 35-14 in the fourth quarter on the back of one of Jimmy G's best performances in throwing four touchdown passes, the Packers added two touchdowns late to make the game close. San Francisco just has some kind of hold over this Packers team.

New Orleans 42, Dallas 39 In our highest scoring game of the first round, the Saints narrowly squeak by the Cowboys. Alvin Kamara is your player of the game with 185 yards and four touchdowns, and he needed every bit of it to get by Dallas' Dak Prescott and his five touchdown passes. In a game that was back and forth the entire time, a missed field goal from Dallas was the difference here.

NFC Divisional:

(3)San Francisco at (2)Minnesota
(5)New Orleans at (1)Tampa Bay

AFC:

(4)Denver at (2)New England
(6)Los Angeles at (1)Cincinnati

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I renounce the saints and their successful 2021 season~!!!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

Green Bay 28, San Francisco 35 Despite this being a one score game, San Francisco dominated from start to finish. Up 35-14 in the fourth quarter on the back of one of Jimmy G's best performances in throwing four touchdown passes, the Packers added two touchdowns late to make the game close. San Francisco just has some kind of hold over this Packers team.

This is :discourse:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

:siren: Divisional Weekend! :siren:

NFC Divisional:

San Francisco 38, Minnesota 39

We kick off divisonal weekend with a high scoring affair and a game that came down to the last second. It was hard to pick a player of the game between Kirk Cousins and Justin Jefferson, the latter of which amassed 6 receptions for 161 yards and two scores, but I'll have to go with Kirk Cousins who rose to the occasion and tossed four touchdown passes, on top of leading a come from behind game winning drive, tossing a 16 yard touchdown pass to KJ Osborne with under a minute to go on the clock. The 49ers have to be kicking themselves after going through one NFC North team, only to fall to Minnesota and watch them advance to the NFC Title Game.

New Orleans 34, Tampa Bay 41

They say it's hard to beat the same team three times in one season. Well, someone forgot to the tell the Buccaneers that, because they continue their unbeaten streak by knocking out the Saints and putting a third loss on their NFC South brother this year. Tom Brady's 5th touchdown pass of the game came right after the two minute warning to go up for the final time, and the Bucs would hold on to that lead and secure a spot against the Vikings in the NFC Title Game. Can anyone in the NFL stop this Bucs freight train?

AFC:

Denver 16, New England 32

One of the AFC heavyweights all season finally had its run stopped by an old staple, the New England Patriots. In a relatively one sided affair that didn't see the Broncos score a touchdown until the fourth quarter, the Patriots leaned on Damien Harris to grind the clock and their defense to keep Denver in check the entire game, riding an easy double digit victory to yet another AFC Title game where they'll await either the Chargers or the Bengals.

Los Angeles 27, Cincinnati 20

In the biggest upset of the playoffs thus far, the 6th seeded Chargers advance past the top seed Bengals to advance to the AFC Title game on the back of their defense. Tied 17-17 at the half, the Chargers defense stepped up to hold Cincinnati and Joe Burrow to just 3 second half points, while adding 10 points themselves. A big reason was three huge Joey Bosa sacks, cementing him as player of the game as the Chargers move on to visit the Patriots in Foxboro for the right to play in the Super Bowl.

New Week:

(2)Minnesota at (1)Tampa Bay
(6)Los Angeles at (2)New England

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Ol’ Bill ending tom’s perfect season would be beautiful, but I still gotta root for my fictional chargers

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm in shock I'm in utter shock

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Boy this simulator really weirdly loves the Vikings for some reason

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Boy this simulator really weirdly loves the Vikings for some reason

It loves some random team every year. A few years ago when I did this it was the Seahawks, and before that it was the Bears

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

:O :O :O :O

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Help us, Chargers, you’re our only hope.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Shocking defensive collapse for Denver holding Josh Allen to 12 points but giving up 32 to the Big Beef Boys.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

18 rushes for 89 yards with a long of 48.

Boy that must've been a dreadful game to watch.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

aboard the Vikings bandwagon

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

which was the scripted plan between patriots vs buccaneers or chargers vs 49ers revenge? ah. either way.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
The Vikes going to the NFCC is sweet but an undefeated Buccs is a dark omen of Brady's power to sway the simulation

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

which was the scripted plan between patriots vs buccaneers or chargers vs 49ers revenge? ah. either way.

Nothing has been scripted. I am above such things

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I wonder if the Vikings heartbreaking loss will come in the SB (for the nth time) or the NFCC (for the nth time)?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a neat cape posted:

it's due to how i'm pissed.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Too bad the NFL is not.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Well this proves it was Zimmer holding the Vikings back this whole time. Super Bowl LVII here we come.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

:siren: NFC Championship :siren:

Minnesota Vikings at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The undefeated Tampa Bay Bucs play host to the NFC North Champion Minnesota Vikings for a berth in the Super Bowl. After winning the toss, Tampa moves quite easily down the field in four minutes and draw first blood as Tom Brady hits Rob Gronkowski for a touchdown strike. A Ryan Succop PAT gives the Bucs an early 7-0 lead. A holding penalty on the Vikings first play from scrimmage sets them behind the chains, and after managing a small drive, it stalls just over midfield and forces the Vikings to settle for a long field goal, which rings true and cuts the lead to 4.

Tampa picks right back up on their next possession, slowly and methodically moving the ball downfield, draining the remaining seven minutes of the first quarter off the clock and landing on the Vikings 20 as time expires in the quarter. The Vikings defense however holds early in the second quarter, forcing Tampa to settle for a short field goal and extend their lead 10-3. Minnesota's offense starts to finally wake up, as Kirk Cousins hits Adam Theilen for a 42 yard gain on the first play of their second possession. The Vikings would then mix in the run and start to enforce their will on the Tampa defense, before Cousins would hit Dalvin Cook on a short pass in the endzone and tie the game up at 10-10. Both team's defenses decided to take a break as they would again trade touchdowns to make it 17-17, giving the ball back to Tampa with just a minute left on the clock. For the first time, a team would be stopped in their own territory and be forced to punt, and Minnesota would down the ball to go into the half with the score tied at 17.

Minnesota would take the opening kickoff of the third quarter and march down the field again, before being stopped by the Tampa defense in the redzone, forcing another field goal attempt, and Minnesota would take their first lead of the game, 20-17. Unfortunately their defense would not be able to do what Tampa did, the Bucs leaning on Ronald Jones and a 35 yard draw play, before handing the ball to Bernard as he'd drive 8 yards for a touchdown, putting Tampa back on top 24-20. It seemed that Tampa was taking control as they'd force a three and out on the next Vikings possession, but would give it right back to the Vikings with a Brady interception at midfield. Unfortunately the Vikings would go three and out yet again, punting it back to the Bucs, who would start a long drive into Minnesota territory as the 3rd quarter expired, 24-20 Tampa.

Tampa would continue their drive into the fourth quarter, but be stopped on third down at the Vikings 14, leading to another Ryan Succop field goal to extend the lead 27-20. After a pair of three and outs from both teams, Minnesota's big play offense would finally show up, as Cousins would toss the ball to Cook, who would take it 52 yards down the sideline for the game tying touchdown with eight minutes left on the clock. Tampa would drain much of the clock on their next possession but would end up having to punt back to the Vikings with 2:36 left on the clock. Minnesota would drive down the field, utilizing their timeouts and the two minute warning to line up for the game winning field goal from the 31 yard line with just nine seconds left on the clock.... Only to see it sail wide right, sending us into Overtime.

The Vikings win the coin toss and elect to receive. It's a short kickoff, and the Vikings take it back to the 29 yard line. Tom Brady and the Bucs offense could only watch helplessly as the Vikings ran a mix of run and pass plays to almost effortlessly march down the field, before Cook would take a delayed handoff from the six yard line and burst into the endzone, ending the Bucs winning streak and vaulting the Vikings into the Superbowl, where they await the Patriots or the Chargers.

FINAL SCORE: 33-27 F/OT

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thank you for your service, Vikings.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Proof that AI cannot account for the clutch factor.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

18-1, retire bitch.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

aboard the Vikings bandwagon

:bandwagon:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

sirtommygunn posted:

Proof that AI cannot account for the clutch factor.

Brady gets 18-1......TWICE!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Thank you for your service, Vikings.

:hmmyes:

I hope we get the Vikings-Chargers The Sum of All Fears Super Bowl, just without the nuke.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

fartknocker posted:

:hmmyes:

I hope we get the Vikings-Chargers The Sum of All Fears Super Bowl, just without the nuke.

D:

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Taking a knee and missing a game winning field goal are remarkably on brand for the Vikings. All that remains is to lose a boring rear end Super Bowl to close out the trifecta.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Go Herbie

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Don't worry best friend Tom Brady, you'll get them next simulated year :unsmith:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The truest irony is that if the Vikings defense hadn't been historically bad in the last two minutes of the half in almost every game they played they would have had a season much closer to this one.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Incredibly saddened that in a virtual sim that cant account for the curse of this team they would be this good.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
the battle between the Vikings cursed kicking and Brady's cursed perfect season finally comes to a glorious conclusion

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

:siren: AFC Championship Game :siren:

Los Angeles Chargers vs New England Patriots

In an AFC Championship Rematch of the 2007 season, the Chargers travel to Foxboro to take on the New England Patriots. But instead of Philip Rivers and Tom Brady, this time it's Justin Herbert and Mac Jones. Let's see who can get their teeam over the hump and into the Superbowl vs the Minnesota Vikings.

The Chargers would receive the ball first, but a short drive would stall at midfield and would end in our first punt of the afternoon, pinning the Patriots back near their own endzone. After a couple of big plays from Harris to get the ball out to the 44 however, a Charger would jar the ball loose from Stevenson, leading to a Chargers recovery right near where they just punted from. After a three yard run from Austin Ekeler, Justin Herbert would toss the ball out to Austin on a designed run, which he would take down the sideline and into the endzone for the game's first touchdown, putting the Chargers up 7-0. After settling themselves down on the sidelines, the Patriots would take the field for their second possession, this time holding onto the ball for the next six minutes before the drive would stall at the Chargers 20, leading to a Nick Folk field goal to cut the lead to 7-3. A three and out on the ensuing Chargers drive would lead to a punt, and the first quarter would expire with the Chargers leading 7-3 and the Patriots taking the field for their third possession.

The Chargers defense would show up early in the second quarter, forcing the Patriots into a three and out and forcing the first New England punt of the afternoon. Justin Herbert finally began to find some rhythm, hitting Mike Williams for a key 34 yard gain on the drive, as the Chargers would effortlessly move down the field before hitting Jalen Guyton in the endzone for another touchdown, extending the lead to 14-3. The Chargers defense would continue to stymie the Patriots offense, forcing another three and out on their next possession, and getting the ball back to their red hot offense. Taking over with 9:24 left in the half, the Chargers would take five minutes off the clock as their drive finally stalled at the Patriots 26, leading to a Dustin Hopkins field goal, extending the lead 17-3. Unfortunately for New England, their offense could just not get in sync, going three and out and giving the Chargers the ball back with 2:46 left on the clock. Using their big play offense and utilizing the clock and two minute warning, the Chargers moved from their own 27 down to the Patriots 29 before an incomplete pass on third down led to another Chargers field goal, pushing the lead to 20-3. With 1:25 left on the clock, the Patriots offense started to show some signs of life, driving from their own 34 to the Chargers 33, lining up for a field goal with 44 seconds left in the half, but Nick Folk's kick sailed wide right, giving the ball back to LA with excellent field position, which they would quickly take advantage of. Using the sideline and two remaining timeouts, the Chargers would get to the Patriots 29 yard line with 14 seconds left, before Justin Herbert hit a streaking Jalen Guyton downfield and into the endzone for a backbreaking touchdown, going into the half up 27-3.

Coming into the third quarter and down by 24, the Patriots offense shows no signs of life, going three and out to open the third quarter and punting right back to the Chargers. However, the Patriots defense isn't ready to let this game remain a blowout, intercepting Justin Herbert on his first pass of the half, returning it 11 yards for a touchdown. Nick Folk continues to be off the mark and miss the extra point, but it would cut into the Chargers lead, 27-9. Both teams would then trade three and outs, and the Patriots would flip the field, where the Chargers would set up at their own three. They would force another Chargers punt and return it to the Chargers 43, giving them the field position that their offense would soon take advantage of, Mac Jones hitting Hunter Henry a few plays later in the endzone for another Patriots touchdown. Folk would hit the extra point, further cutting into the Chargers lead, now 27-16. The Patriots defense is playing possessed now, forcing a fumble and a recovery on the next LA possession, setting up the Patriots at midfield as the quarter comes to an end, a two possession game at 27-16.

The Patriots offense, sensing a Chargers collapse, began to feed off of their defense, and after taking advantage of a Chargers facemask penalty, powers into the endzone on a Stevenson run for another Patriots touchdown. After another Stevenson run for a two point conversion was successful, the Patriots prepare to kick off to the Chargers, their lead dwindled down to 27-24. The Chargers offense finally managed to show some life in the second half, driving down to the Patriots 27 and taking three minutes off the clock, before stalling and settling for another successful field goal, pushing their lead back up to 30-24. The LA defense would be unable to stop the Patriots offense however, as they would start grinding the clock and moving downfield without resistance, before Mac Jones tosses a ten yard strike to Bourne for a touchdown, and a Nick Folk PAT gives the Patriots a 31-30 lead with five minutes to play. Now playing from behind, the Chargers next possession started out well, but quickly stalled at midfield, Brandon Staley making the decision to punt the ball back to New England on 4th and 3 with 3:22 left on the clock, opting to trust his defense to get the ball back. New England, content to kill the clock, starts to run the ball, forcing the Chargers to use two of their timeouts as the clock ticks under the two minute warning. After a third down pass sails off of Meyers' hands, the Patriots are forced to punt back to the Chargers with 1:22 left on the clock. Starting at their own 27, Justin Herbert makes a spectacular throw to Mike Williams down the sideline for a 46 yard gain. Three incompletions later, and staring at a 4th and 1 from the Patriots 24, the Chargers place all their trust in Dustin Hopkins, who drills the 41 yard field goal to take back the lead, 33-31 with 40 seconds left on the clock. The Patriots offense would finally come up short in the second half, as they would get up to their own 48 yard line, but four straight incompletions would see the ball turned over on downs and would send the Chargers into their second Superbowl in team history.

Final Score: 33-31 Chargers

NEXT: Los Angeles Chargers vs Minnesota Vikings in the Sim Super Bowl

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I swear to god this isn't rigged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

I swear to god this isn't rigged

Ross, you couldn't rig it this way if you tried. Nobody could.