Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

SerthVarnee posted:

Goddamn dude. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't write.

Bookmarked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

Penmanship- Flattery will get you everywhere. It's nice, because my penmanship has gone downhill a bit due to complications from collecting concussions. And it's mostly the pens. I use mostly fountain pens because the tactile feedback is pleasant to me, and I feel fancy. Which is cool.

I have to laugh at this because my handwriting looks like someone trained a cocker spaniel how to drag a pen across some paper and I don’t even have the excuse of TBI.

Please keep writing and posting!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Should you decide to publish, maybe get in contact with Joe Kassabian of the Lions Led By Donkeys podcast for advice and maybe a connect with his agent? He’s an irreverent vet who would fit right in here and has written two books (an autobiographical account of his deployment to Afghanistan and a sci-if novel.)

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Hotel Kpro posted:

Blurb is what I used to make the GiP dickbook so it's very much a viable route. It's simple enough to use and there's a bunch of fancy stuff you could do beyond the scope of just slapping an image to a page and resizing it.

I’ve used Blurb to make two books before; will recommend it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Man, that supremely loving sucks and I hope you and your family are all doing ok. After my experiences doing volunteer reconstruction work in New Orleans three years post-Katrina, I think the punishment for contractor fraud should be a sharp nail through the dick- a lot of people had contractors do a poo poo-rear end job with bad materials and shoddy labor then ghost as soon as the people realized what was up. Almost as damaging as when the levee failed.

Hope you get back on your feet soon enough. The thread will be here when you’re ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

This isn’t my thread so I’ll nip this derail in the bud by saying that none of the houses I worked on were Brad Pitt houses. Sadly yet unsurprisingly, there were more than enough crooked contractors doing work on individual family’s shotgun homes and disappearing before you got to this level.