Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
drat.
I say that a lot to myself when I read your posts, but this particular drat has kept me thinking all evening and into part of the night.

My development was in a very different world than yours, and my "combat" needs a conex box of load bearing air quotes - but making the world simple and losing your virginity to glee resonates even more than your amazing prose poetry usually does.

'Losing my virginity to glee' also clicked through to part of one of my favorite poems

quote:

The nights you fight best are
on a night like this
as you chase a thousand dark rats from your brain,
as you rise up against the impossible,
as you become a brother to the tender sister of joy

and move on

regardless.
Which I still can't read without my voice cracking.

Not sure what I'm trying to say. Your writing touches deeply, even people with very different experiences. And it is as good as Bukowski at his best. Please keep sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU