Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Fantastic stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Your writing is from the same period I was active and I'm getting this weird nostalgia from your stories, reminding me of the guys I served with that hit my unit in Bragg 6-12 months before I did and went on the deployment I missed, telling me their good and bad stories over beers in the barracks and long day's in the motorpool.

I haven't talked to any of those dudes in well over a decade and I don't think I ever will again, so in a way your stories are reminding me of the friends I've lost due to time and distance.

Thanks, man.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

bulletsponge13 posted:

Ha!
Not sure who/where you were at Bragg, but I spent my time with D 3/325

I wasn't in Division, I was with 101st Chem under XVIII ABC. They went with 1st MEU and had just finished demobing when I in-processed in Jan 04.

I got orders to Korea right before they stop-lossed for round 2 in 05. Is there a term for that "I didn't deploy" guilt I've had for almost 20 years?

edit: weird derail, sorry

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

-Examples of Iraqi Mental Health

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Jesus gently caress, the tazmanian devil story is both depressing and loving hilarious. I can visualize the "drat, our bad dude" to the family lol