Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Apple TV+'s best kept secret, For All Mankind returns to payoff the question raised in the final shot of last season: whose foot was that on Mars in 1995? While it could be the US or Soviets, a wildcard has been thrown into the race. No, it's not China, Japan, the EU, or any other nation(s). It's privateers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4EOW9oqZ4k

Runs weekly for 10 episodes, starting June 10th.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Get your жопа to Mars!!11

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
i hope the commies win

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

tokin opposition posted:

i hope the commies win

The whole point of this show is that no one 'wins'. If someone wins, the show ends and then we get a denouement that takes place on the USS Enterprise.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

i hope the commies win

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Trailer makes it look like commies are being phased out and replaced with tech bros

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
China and the USSR are sending the the USSs Enterprise and Enterprise and the US is sending generic nasa artist depiction #35

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Great show, great new thread title

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The US can't win because "winning the space race" was what pretty much put NASA on the back burner in the US. We got to the moon, Russia acted like they never even planned on going to the moon in the first place, and then it was a slow descent into no one caring about space anymore. So the US has to keep losing in order to keep escalating.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hobo Clown posted:

Trailer makes it look like commies are being phased out and replaced with tech bros

We already did Don't Look Up

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

Looking forward to it and hoping they rejig the generic intro/theme.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

If the Star Trek future happens then that means that the commies did win.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I want Joel Kinnaman to somehow be in every decade of this show as an active astronaut. Ed just getting older and older but somehow still spaceflight capable and still driving that sports car from the 60s.

Also I hope the Cold War ends officially with the marriage of Margo and Sergei :3:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Those two being the Romeo and Juliet of the cold war would be hilarious.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The true benefits of investment in spaceflight that Ron Moore wants to promote is that it means that your ageing over 25 years will just mean you look the same but with some grey sprinkled in your hair.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Looking like you just clocked out from your shift at the flour factory is standard TV aging.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

Bring the TNG-era makeup artists out of retirement for season 3’s ageing effects.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I want Joel Kinnaman to somehow be in every decade of this show as an active astronaut. Ed just getting older and older but somehow still spaceflight capable and still driving that sports car from the 60s.

If the series doesn't end with a 1000-year-old cyborg Ed driving his Chevy through space with a warp engine attached, what is even the point?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
For real I expect the show will end depicting a star trek type future

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

All Sergei in Russia takes from late last season, both inside and outside, were filmed down the street from my place here in Warsaw. It used to be the communist central committee, but now houses the stock exchange and a few trendy bars and restaurants, and a post office. They made a great job of using basically the same building facade to play three different places in Russia.

https://goo.gl/maps/k6TrT9qvs4C8LQo68

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

Tighclops posted:

For real I expect the show will end depicting a star trek type future

With the plots going as they are we’re more in line for a Battletech future.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
New preview with the cast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNWaVosofxA

BattleBots!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Looking good

Do we know if it's dropping all at once or is it on the boomer scheduling

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

tokin opposition posted:

Looking good

Do we know if it's dropping all at once or is it on the boomer scheduling

:sigh: Why don't people read the OP?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Edward Mass posted:

in a thread this big you gotta just hop in at the end and figure it out as you go

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Edward Mass posted:

Spite

(Thanks)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The OP is like four lines long, plus a youtube video, and THEN it says how it is released. You think I have endless time to figure these things out?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I think I'll wait ten weeks. This show is too hype to wait week to week.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

new episode appears to be up so beware of spoilers

i can't believe [spoiler]the ussr won the cold war/spoiler]

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s interesting seeing the Americans having to live in the fallout shelters.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
God drat that end shot

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
New episode was fantastic. Can’t wait for the rest of the season.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

That was a really solid episode, with a nice mix of alt-history and cool spacecraft, and only a very light nod to all the family melodrama. Some great shots in there too including the aforementioned final one.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Spoilers below via Sepinwall review

"Or maybe it’s just that the all in the family approach is responsible for the only bad part of Season Two to blossom into an even worse part of Season Three. "

BUCKLE UP FUCKOS

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Was a pretty neat episode. I'm gonna need someone to recap what all happened in the time skip montage.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Cojawfee posted:

Was a pretty neat episode. I'm gonna need someone to recap what all happened in the time skip montage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w15H6Giqoo

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Cojawfee posted:

They have a bunch of clips of alternate history news footage on the show page that go into the events a bit deeper:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Oh poo poo I didn't see those extras from S2 to S3 in the menu.

Also those LCD/Plasma displays in friggin 1992 bother me.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Negostrike posted:

Also those LCD/Plasma displays in friggin 1992 bother me.

Yeah I don't care for some of the implausibly advanced stuff, it would look cooler with clunkier tech. But I guess they're just going with 1992 now has 2022 tech for ??? reasons. Whatever, still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess it's easier to just say LCD panels happened sooner than source era appropriate CRTs for everything.