Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Whenever China’s not on screen, all the other countries should be saying “Where’s China?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
It's not entirely unreasonable to assume that in the world of FAM the Soviet Union's continued existence & presumed outsized influence in Asia into the early 21st century would necessarily keep China's emergence as a world power at bay.

But then the show also seems to want to have its cake and eat it too by continuing to depict life in the USSR as a gloomy late '70s-looking backwards hellhole, so who knows.

Laterite fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 14, 2023

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
The alternate timeline / decade jump is such an interesting conceit it makes the entry into each season pretty memorable and excuses historical in-accuracies / the same characters being involved in everything imho.

Though it was a stern reminder of how old I am when Franz Ferdinand is now the music that establishes we've reached 20 years ago.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Once the North Korea thing happened last season I felt instantly unburdened of trying to reason through stuff, because it became a fantasy show instead of alternate history and now I'm just hoping they make it as crazy as possible.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

my main reaction to the trailer: for the love of god, let ed baldwin die

it's gonna be season 8 and he's gonna have a face full of ridiculous old-age makeup, still inexplicably alive and in charge of everything

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Isometric Bacon posted:

Though it was a stern reminder of how old I am when Franz Ferdinand is now the music that establishes we've reached 20 years ago.

Yeah but now we will get Ed trying to use a PSP and saying "What in the sam hill is this? Whatever happened to Pong? Now that was a video game."

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah but now we will get Ed trying to use a PSP and saying "What in the sam hill is this? Whatever happened to Pong? Now that was a video game."

Why would he use a ten year old video game console in season 4?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

TraderStav posted:

Why would he use a ten year old video game console in season 4?

I'm sorry you have to find out this way.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Cojawfee posted:

I'm sorry you have to find out this way.

I'm making a joke that in their universe it was invented in the early 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New season, new thread