Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Hoping that there’s a small blurb mentioning the bankruptcy and expropriation of a white-owned South African emerald mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Was this supposed to be the first Space Hotel? Because a 1G space station for what is essentially the trial run of space tourism is a... bold bet.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
In husband's defense, it's pretty clear that Aleida has been basically paying attention to nothing but her work for quite some time now. He specifically pointed out that the father has been forgetting poo poo for a while now (important stuff like the kid's food allergies) and she blew it off, she works literally all the time, even during dinner, brings her boss by to talk shop. It's clearly not the best family dynamic.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

smackfu posted:

Speaking of Nixon, wasn’t there a shot of the tape equipment in the present-day Oval Office? Maybe the Nixon tapes never came out so they never stopped taping?

Yeah, I was confused as to this as well. Were we supposed to understand that Ellen's office is being spied on? Or that all conversations in the Oval are recorded as a matter of course?

The microphone on the vase was somehow both hidden and conspicuous as hell at the same time.

Edit: also, holy hell the actress that plays Margo is only 39 and also extremely good-looking, good job makeup artists jfc.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I assumed the latter, that the conversations are being recorded like Nixon did.

Jesus, I completely blanked on Nixon's tapes.

According to this random FAM wiki, Nixon survives the Watergate scandal and wins reelection, rejects a pardon, and is never criminally charged for the tapings.

I guess maybe the system survived and is now a matter of course.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Danny lost his best friend and had to go through that while his dad was off in space (and I want to say his mom was already an AsCan at that point?)

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
So just to be clear, when Ed tells Danny how he’s changing protocol so he doesn’t have to go back up to Helios, that’s just BS so he can keep an eye on him, right?

Or did he change his mind about the kid by the time he sends the message to Karen?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if they decided to edit out some scenes where the abortion is discussed in light of the Dobbs decision.

Although, if that’s true, then why leave in the scene with the Russians being all shady about it.

Idk that whole storyline is so clunky that it stands out.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
"I actually go by Ender now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
What can Ed claim to be being first at, in space?

First cuckold?