Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s interesting seeing the Americans having to live in the fallout shelters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol that wedding dance song.

Eat poo poo Karen.

Overall it was a good episode.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I’m no space engineer but that whole out of control booster poo poo is still bothering me.

The fuel lines have to run from someplace. Like the drat booster wasn’t getting fuel from it self. They made a mention about the remote shutdown not working but gently caress just cut all the fuel to everything then deal with it in zero g.

I get that it’s a show but god drat it’s irritating me lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Each thruster has its own nuclear fusion generator maybe.

Ok maybe! But they are on a pylon which you can’t tell me there isn’t an inside access point someplace.

I love this show but sometimes it’s :argh:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That was the most realistic part of the show right there.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

So Karen is pretty much hosed financially.

Why do you say that? Didn't she just inherit like a billion dollars?

bawfuls posted:

Even just getting everyone to the center of the ring station would be a sufficient precaution while awaiting the EVAs. They'd be safe from increasing gravity and also already in position to evacuate quickly if needed.

Yeah I was thinking this as well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Aleida story line is falling pretty flat for me tbh.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Her dad's gonna get dementia isn't he

I mean that’s what they are setting up. Then there’s probably gonna be an “accident” with her kid setting up some drama.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well we at least know the station can handle over 4Gs so it must be built kinda ok lol.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bawfuls posted:

It just feels like they’ve abandoned the character.

If Karen spent more time hanging with Wayne in S2 we might have been spared the Danny storyline. And Molly seems like she could have used some Wayne time in the midst of the fight with Margot.

Hell yeah I agree 100%.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This fuckin show is quickly making its way into my top 10 of all time. Like a rocket ship.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well someone is fuckin around in our current timeline thats for sure.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3543757-nasa-calls-mystery-rocket-crash-on-moon-highly-unusual/

quote:

NASA calls ‘mystery’ rocket crash on moon highly unusual

NASA said a rocket of unknown national origin that crashed into the moon earlier this year produced a double crater on the surface, an unexpected feat.

The agency’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, which collects data on the moon, spotted two craters after the “mystery rocket body” collided with the moon on March 4, NASA said recently.

It created an eastern crater about 19.5 yards in diameter and a western crater about 17.5 yards in diameter.

The agency said the double crater might indicate that the rocket had a large mass on each end of it. A rocket that has used up its fuel usually will just have its mass on the end with the motor, with the other side being an empty fuel tank.

The rocket’s origin is uncertain, but the double crater that it produced might reveal its identity, according to the release.

A rocket body hitting the moon has not created a double crater before, the release states.

The Houston Chronicle reported Thursday that no space-exploring country has claimed the rocket as their own so far.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bawfuls posted:

Surely nuclear launch monitoring defense systems would pick up a rocket that big and thus would have an idea of where it came from?

That’s what you’d think!

Guess not though?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I hope ED smashes Danny’s visor with a rock on the surface of mars and we get to see Danny’s eyes bulge out like in total recall.

gently caress Danny.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ed for president of Mars 1996.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rappaport posted:

Ed going into space in his 90s storyline confirmed

https://twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/1616600085441159168

Hell yeah!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Ed/Aleida romance confirmed

Oh hell no:cry:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rental Sting posted:

I thought the injecting-stuff-into-the-butt scene might have some kind of payoff (maybe it did and I forgot), but I guess it was just character building, or something.

It was just standard HRT tbh. It was really just meant to show that he was getting old and needed to medicate to stay in the game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well yeah there’s having a fling and fuckin your dead sons best friend who you’ve known since they were like 8.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I do wanna know if she won re election in 96

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’d be happy with like a 20 or 30 year jump.

Getting into the expanse territory.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Season 4 takes place around 2003, if you paid attention to the end of season 3.

Yeah true but just sayin!

Season 4 is going to be good I don’t doubt but I’d like it to move forward a bit more.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

he looks like a pervert

Turn on ur monitor

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AI Karen is coming back

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I dunno did 9/11 happen?

Probably not since the Middle East might not be as flush with cash.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

All of the seasons are good but there are a few story missteps but it doesn’t take away from the show being overall good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lots of lithium out in the stars at this point

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rappaport posted:

Biden did SVU :doink:, he can do FAM :colbert:

Yeah no.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

The Republicans got smoked in the mid-terms, so I'd have to assume Ellen's chances of re-election are low.

I agree especially after the bombing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Country reelected Bush after 9/11. If anything I imagine the bombing of a space agency should galvanize support for a former astronaut.

True but the country wasn’t divided like it is in the show.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

I’ve been thinking about starting this series and I was wondering if it’s ever explained where everyone gets the money to run these massive space programs. Like I would imagine the defense budget is nothing compared to the supply chain budget for the lunar and Martian colonies.

They make a gently caress load of money from the patents and poo poo they mine.

So yeah they explain it.

Essentially it seems like anything we use today nasa holds the patent for and makes money from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s entirely possible that China didn’t develop the same way as it has in our timeline :shrug: