Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Does no one think they’ll use nukes on the moon? With it being split up between the two superpowers and they pointed out the gun escalation, it seems inevitable to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ixnay posted:

They have a bunch of clips of alternate history news footage on the show page that go into the events a bit deeper:

These are neat, and I didn't notice them before. Thanks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Gary Hart refused to send troops to Kuwait. Prices of oil dropped dramatically. See the 1991 Kuwait Invasion little video for the pseudo Rush take.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MarcusSA posted:

So I’m no space engineer but that whole out of control booster poo poo is still bothering me.

The fuel lines have to run from someplace. Like the drat booster wasn’t getting fuel from it self. They made a mention about the remote shutdown not working but gently caress just cut all the fuel to everything then deal with it in zero g.

I get that it’s a show but god drat it’s irritating me lol

Each thruster has its own nuclear fusion generator maybe.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

I saw a paper in the opening where the articles didn't match the headlines and it said "President Clinton." Sloppy work.

I’m pretty sure the Trailblazers/Jordan #1 article had June 30, 1986. Two years after the draft.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
All three will reach Mars at the same time to find out that Matt Damon already beat them there.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Noob Saibot posted:

And tell them all about the wonders of investing in crypto!

Does crypto exist with nuclear fusion?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sivart13 posted:

show I am begging you, please introduce even one new 1990s character

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

tokin opposition posted:

my bet is that he doesn't actually change it, just makes it less obvious that the computers have the stick 99% of the time and puts a "pilots get stuff done" bumper sticker on the console

Ed’s using the little brother controller.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I know the answer is because otherwise there is no drama in the race, but if Helios' ship was in orbit already, why couldn't they work in secret and go to Mars in 1994 when everyone else was planning to go in 1996? They don't need to launch from Earth or the moon, so you don't need to set that up. You could work in secret with the training/command crew. Helios could've had a two year start.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

tokin opposition posted:

every male character, and karen, deserve the guillotine in this show

Bill Strausser just wanted to feel needed.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What exactly are goo balls?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spacebump posted:

Watch Severance if you haven't already.

I never realized I wanted Veep Ed until your post.

Oh god, Danny is Jonah.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Marsupial Ape posted:

I have no idea what they will be doing next season, but if they plan to do another time jump it's going to go from alt-history sci-fi to straight up near-future sc-fi. That mean's things can get more...speculative. My lovely Narrative Brain thinks that since we're basically introduced to Chekhov's Space Baby (space fuckin'!), I think a portion of the remaining the season may deal with the ethical and practical implications on conceiving a child on Mars and then bringing it to full term. That's a lot cosmic radiation and microgravity for a fetus to deal with. I could even see it being a set up a story arc concerning the debate about altering humans for space travel in stead of terraforming or investing in complicated toroidal ships. Ed gets inject with medical nanites and Joel Kinnaman doesn't have to wear old man make up anymore.

Star Trek: Edterprise

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Comrade Fakename posted:

I wonder if when Almeida inevitably confronts Margo she will explicitly layout the themes of the show and basically say “yeah of course I’ve been giving the Soviets info! Imagine what would have happened if we’d got to the Moon first - funding would have been cut and none of the progress we’ve made in space would have happened. We need the Soviets there to keep pushing us to improve. I don’t give a gently caress about America or the Soviet Union, we’re doing this… *looks at camera* For All Mankind.”

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

The president will be Ed, with most of his body replaced by cyborg parts. He'll govern from The Whiteship, which is a spaceship that looks like the Whitehouse, as he travels the galaxy getting angry at stuff.

They just leaked some future season 4 stills of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vegetable posted:

They also totally skipped over the tension of what nationality the baby would be. I guess it’s theoretically still within scope in a time-skipped next season but that was a whole lot of nothing.

Martian