Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Have they said how long it would take to get to Mars?

It's about 8 months one way with our technology but they obviously have better tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
The Space Hotel part obviously wouldn't be landing...

Is the intention that the Phoenix would have all the main research facilities on the ship and a smaller base on Mars? And that they can just shuttle people between the two every two hours or so?

NASA is supposed to have base supplies on the surface already. Presumably the USSR have the same thing so I wonder if there'll be a realignment of Russians working with Helios

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Ron D Moore quadruple downs on the Danny storyline based on the negative feedback and repeats the storyline with Kelly's Martian daughter in season 5.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Mars baby growing up in low gravity means they can't ever return to Earth. This is the start of the Expanse.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
The plan: send Korean Astronaut to Mars, have them hide out for 2 years, and then claim the abandoned bases and equipment when the Americans/Russians leave.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
There's was a news broadcast referencing that North Korea launched their rocket 1 week before the others.

I think it's probable that he landed first but because communications equipment was damaged NK assumed he died on impact and never announced it.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
1) Russia presumably exfiltrated Margo, so she's presumed to have died in the bombing. LOL that Molly is the one who gets the building named after her despite Margo being the one who really grew the organization. A nod back to the whole Gene Krantz only getting a plaque and a moment of silence when he died.

2) It sucks that they did the whole "catching Kelly" off screen. I would have loved to see a few more reactions to North Korea winning the Mars race. I suppose they didn't want to commit to any reactions in case they change their minds for Season 4.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
What's supposed to happen in the near terms for Mars?

The Mars people were concerned about fitting people into the MSAM. But isn't it supposed to be reusable? Does the ending crash look like its reparable or should we assume the Mars people are stuck?

The Phoenix still needs fuel, so if the MSAM is gone, they're stuck in Mars Orbit too, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Is it more likely or less likely that Bernie Sanders gets elected as Mayor in the 80s, and Congress in the 90s in a world where the USSR still exists and countries like Mexico elects a Marxist President?

I imagine as the show goes on, there's gonna be more original characters as politicians.