Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gonna lol if Ellen floats a "oh wow my husband is gay what a shocking thing I'm learning right now for the first time" and that's the coverup that gets her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Just made the connection that Molly is the same actress that played Penny on :lost: and my mind is a bit blown.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
For those of you missing Gordo this season you really owe it to yourself to catch Patriot if you haven't yet. Imagine a spy thriller except everyone is very open and honest with each other about their thoughts and feelings.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Was Danny still on the NASA mission before he jumped ship to Helios? It's pretty funny if both the Test Pilots know better and Blue Ribbon Commission approaches to astronaut selection both failed to catch the dude who is still in the process of cracking up.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gonna rule when next season features Bill Clinton riding into office on the moral outrage of Republicans disgracing the Oval Office.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
NASA is totally gonna get Oklahoma City'd

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Yeah America in the show's timeline is blissfully unaware of how bad a zealot with access to a hardware store can be.

Edit: it's perfectly natural that Ed would assume that ordering someone to get their poo poo together would rectify the issue because that's his whole deal.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I liked the episode but I really had to fight the urge to skip past the Failson Stevens scenes.

Edit: They should absolutely abort the Mars baby. Having unprotected sex on a mission to Mars is so wildly unprofessional it's the kind of thing that could legitimately set back women's rights.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 29, 2022

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Solkanar512 posted:

It would be kinda of nice for once to see someone on tv who finds themselves suddenly pregnant respond with, "gently caress no, I don't want this baby" or "sure, I might want kids someday, but right now is a terrible time". You always see either a "long and careful consideration of the issue" or no discussion at all and they go forward with no plan at all.

I know it would piss people off, but they're on loving Mars with nothing for maternity care. Nothing. Did they even bring folic acid?

You're looking for Season 3, Episode 6 of Bojack Horseman where a main character does just that.

Also a non main character does this.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Jerusalem posted:

Danielle trying to hire Molly to fly a rescue ship to Mars to save them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNWV7T5KlRE

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Amazing

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Curious how crazy North Korea is in this timeline. In ours poo poo didn't go real hosed until the Soviets withdrew their support, which presumably didn't happen in this one.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
It's impressive, really, that they managed to engineer a hab space big enough for people to keep wandering away for bad things to happen to characters while they're alone.

Also lol at Dick Gebhart playing hardball. Completely immersion breaking.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Ninurta posted:

Soooo, you're going to start a colony of Thousands, on the premise that the first Jamestown lost 80% of it's population? Insurance?

You could put "gruesome death likely but not guaranteed" and still get plenty of signups.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Terror Sweat posted:

The girl from broad city?

Be more specific, there's a whole city of em.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Your cursed womb is making the hab too crowded

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

nexus6 posted:

Have I misuderstood something? I thought the whole point of looting the North Korean space module/casket was to borrow a docking module. But it turns out that the MSAM doesn't even have enough fuel, even with everybody stepping out, to get to Phoenix anyway so you don't need a docking module. Did they just not figure that out until after everyone got back?

If I recall correctly, the ill-conceived pregnancy added a time crunch element that didn't previously exist. If Kelly hadn't needed to get to the Phoenix right away they could have eventually refined enough fuel to make the trip up and back as necessary.

Another example of how Kelly's dumb pregnancy was a fantastic detriment to the health and safety of her coworkers.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I, too, went to DINFOS.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The only astronaut adjacent thing Ed should be rated for after the time skip is punching hecklers.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Ed/Aleida romance confirmed

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Also "lol North Korean Space Program" is only a punchline in our universe. If the Soviets are still going strong then (heavily subsidized) Juche ain't nothing to gently caress with.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Where we're going we don't need eyes to see.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I just realized we're rapidly approaching "X washed up politician as himself" territory

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Can't wait for the season premiere when Ed turns to camera and explains that our harmonious brothers in the People's Republic of China are not involved in the space race because they are dedicated to building True Communism and Paradise on Earth. The scene is delivered in perfect Mandarin and never referenced again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
In fact, I feel confident that if the Chinese ever appear on screen in this show we are getting aliens within the season as a unifying threat.