Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i hope the commies win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Looking good

Do we know if it's dropping all at once or is it on the boomer scheduling

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Edward Mass posted:

:sigh: Why don't people read the OP?

Spite

(Thanks)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

new episode appears to be up so beware of spoilers

i can't believe [spoiler]the ussr won the cold war/spoiler]

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Grand Fromage posted:

Ron Moore has talked about intending a seven season run if Apple's willing to produce it.

https://collider.com/for-all-mankind-season-3-ronald-d-moore-interview-future-plans-starship/

Planned for seven, ideas for longer if it kept going.

The cast is going to be interesting if it runs that long though. Having those original astronauts still around this season is pushing it, having them still doing space poo poo in season 4 wouldn't make much sense. They'd have to be moving into a new main cast unless they're doing some real sci-fi poo poo to make us think dudes in their 80s are still going to be capable of front line space exploration.

nice ageism

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Reiterating my love that the basic premise of the show is USSR gets a man on the moon first -> techno utopia where we loving addressed climate change

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

withak posted:

I loled at the access panel blowing off in the wind during the last EVA scene, and at there being no way to stop the fuel supply to an engine without someone going outside to manually turn a valve.

yeah. i'm no rocket scientist, but i really feel like there should be more than one valve in the system. Just turn off all the boosters at the fuel source and send someone out to fix it without being at 4Gs

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

S4: Titan
S5: Mercury
S6: Extrasolar
S7: aliens posadism

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The Soviet union was the last chance for humankind

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Child dies after being pushed down the stairs for mocking suicide, father agrees "it's for the best"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

This show is d&d liberal, wants most of the right things but doesn't know how to get there

I'm not sure a cspam leftist show would be allowed to air but amerikkka would not exist in it much less billionaires

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

So Karen is pretty much hosed financially.

maybe legally too. hope she goes to Space Prison

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Cojawfee posted:

I think you would want to be as close to 1G as possible for people not used to space flight. Mostly because the guests aren't going to realize that it things will work differently in space. So in .5G, they will be tossing things across the room, pouring drinks and spilling everywhere because the liquid doesn't pour the same way, and then they will stand up from a chair with the same force they've always used and launch themselves into the ceiling at worst, or get startled and fall down at best.

a wedding venue where you're half your weight would appeal to everyone

imagine the space sex

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Negostrike posted:

Hmm...

GO :ussr:!

*nods in cspam*

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Wow ed sucks even more rear end than usual

Hope he dies

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Data Graham posted:

Yeah, he's all but an archetype after the last few years, in which we've had:

- The Mitchells vs. the Machines
- Don't Look Up
- Silicon Valley
- WeCrashed
- The Expanse
- even the fuggin MLP movie

And that's just off the top of my head, all focused on these charismatic utopian techbro types. If he ends up NOT being a pure mustache-twirling villain it'll be some kind of huge subversion at this point.

I also hope he dies

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Margo is a space girlboss. We haven't seen much gaslighting and no gatekeeping but it's only a matter of time

Who has also been at nasa since the 60s

All the S1 characters should be retired but wygd you got all the big names in S1

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Grand Fromage posted:

I thought through it and Ed is, at absolute minimum, 57. He flew in the Korean War, so let's say he was only there for 1953 and that he was a pilot at 18. Which isn't possible but for the sake of argument. That puts him born in 1935, so 57 in 1992. Realistically we're talking early 60s at the youngest since being a combat pilot means he's been in for a few years at least. 65-ish is about right. Odds are Karen is younger than Ed but probably still 60.

the wiki says he was born 1932, so literally 60

you'd think sometime in the last three decades he'd stop crashing cars and driving drunk but he's silent generation. wish he'd shut the gently caress up

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Yea it's actually much better for 60ish year-olds to go to space for extended lengths of time because of the radiation exposure.

nasa isn't returning your calls, grandpa

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

DamnGlitch posted:

On the one hand I really like the idea of an actual egalitarian group beating squabbling nation states… bbbut it does feel more techbro than techcoop.

So hopefully it shits the bed like the hotel instead of jacking off private enterprise as the saviors of human spaceflight.

Everyone's equal... But the entire company comes and pays attention to smelon brusk the moment he asks for it. He's also the one that gets to go to the middle of nowhere and offer millions of dollars. Nobody has job titles, but I doubt the guy at the water cooler could interrupt his not-bosses day in the middle of the day to discuss switching to a new brand of toner in the printer.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Her dad's gonna get dementia isn't he

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

he died on the way back to his home planet

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The moral of this story is that the ussr is based and its success is the success of humanity

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I liked that idea, as it seems to hint how Helios was brand new to the space game and hadn’t experienced years of difficult experience and that their excessive idealism and tendency to try to spend their way past roadblocks is going to get them in trouble. Same with their focus on crew comfort and reliance on technology in how they weren’t going to have a backup pilot and hadn’t considered the autopilot could conk out, then that decision to redo the cockpit on a whim, showing how the CEO preaches having a company of equals but his snap decisions are the law.

my bet is that he doesn't actually change it, just makes it less obvious that the computers have the stick 99% of the time and puts a "pilots get stuff done" bumper sticker on the console

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

QuoProQuid posted:

in what world would a kgb director be allowed to just straight-up murder the head of the soviet space programme on british soil in the head of nasa's hotel room

when you're in an american tv show that has to show the soviets as caricatures

they would have waited until he went back to russia

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Hyrax Attack! posted:

while Danny on the outside is a good person but badly needs serious help and should be nowhere near women

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

a nice, friendly strangulation between friends to suggest your buddy should consider retirement

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

every male character, and karen, deserve the guillotine in this show

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

What oedipussy does to a mf

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The Democrats are on the side of big oil AGE

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I have posting diplomatic immunity

Anyway I hope they nationalize Helios

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Grand Fromage posted:

Hell yeah it was. Chernobylship is a sexy beast too, got the Soviet space design aesthetic down just right.

They're using NERVA engines, not chemical rockets, so there's a lot more oomph available than on a lowest energy Hohmann transfer. Usual NERVA estimates are two to four months. A six month trip is pretty leisurely.

This is the drug Ed's taking, by the way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nandrolone_decanoate

i was confused why ed was taking HRT, guess the "ed is trans" twist isn't happening /s

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

the soviet union is only good when we're in timeskip mode. clearly this show is made by *spits* anarkiddies

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Plus this world seems a lot more environmentally conscious than ours, LCDs aren't great but they're a hell of a lot better than a glass tube filled with poison

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

We're actually in the prequel to Altered Carbon, can't wait for Ed to get his stack installed

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Take the fuel from the Russian ship (scrape off the people goo) the solar sails and life support from nasa, and combine them into space pirate ed's kickass mars motel like three Lego sets

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

EvilHawk posted:

Yeah I get all that, I just don't know why Aleida would care so much. She's never been presented as this ultra-American person who wants to beat the Soviets.

it's her life's work and apparently a pretty good design if you don't try to go at 125% speed

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

reject modernity, embrace Saturn 5

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Hyrax Attack! posted:

That was an excellent episode. Danielle owns. Also glad Wayne is still around, although dunno why we haven’t seen him interact with Molly this season. Their relationship is anti-Danny/Karen.

there's no time, how else are we supposed to know danny is an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

PYF goo balls recipes