Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Cojawfee posted:

Was a pretty neat episode. I'm gonna need someone to recap what all happened in the time skip montage.

They have a bunch of clips of alternate history news footage on the show page that go into the events a bit deeper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

If I remember right, last season had a very brief news clip that showed Carter was a senator in the 80s.

I don’t think they mentioned it in the show itself, but the bonus in-between season news clips showed that Al Gore was Hart’s VP and he lost the 92 primary to Clinton. They could bring him back for a Nixon style comeback next season I guess?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

https://youtu.be/TNWO64gslUk?si=65zP057rk62GAM2g

Season 4 on November 10

quote:

Rocketing into the new millennium in the eight years since Season 3, Happy Valley has rapidly expanded its footprint on Mars by turning former foes into partners. Now 2003, the focus of the space program has turned to the capture and mining of extremely valuable, mineral-rich asteroids that could change the future of both Earth and Mars. But simmering tensions between the residents of the now-sprawling international base threaten to undo everything they are working towards.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

susan b buffering posted:

maybe i missed it, but i don't think the show has really mentioned commercial space mining where i'm at? i've no doubt theres more going on with the space corporation than meets the eye, but the way this season is unfolding so far leaves me unimpressed.

There’s actually a lot of world building stuff hidden away in the news reports between seasons that they list with bonus content for the show, including a segment that goes into greater detail about the discovery of fusion and commercial helium extraction: