Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Looking like you just clocked out from your shift at the flour factory is standard TV aging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I loled at the access panel blowing off in the wind during the last EVA scene, and at there being no way to stop the fuel supply to an engine without someone going outside to manually turn a valve.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You can tell whoever was assigned production of the “time passes” alt-history montage had a good time.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I was also hoping to see some cool coriolis tricks based on how small that thing was.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Episode is out.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Jesus Christ enough with the Karen and Danny nonsense already.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
No way does the utopian space flight collective work out in the long run.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Around now.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Wayne will turn out to be stowed away on the Helios ship. Getting to Mars has always been his secret goal and he left Molly when it became apparent that NASA wasn't going to be the best way to get there. During the big confrontation between Ed and Danny he will crawl out of a Jeffries Tube and talk sense into both of them, thus saving the mission.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Now the NASA ship will require rescue, Dev will refuse, and Ed will have to override the lockout to do it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

theflyingexecutive posted:

*Danny will appeal to Karen and she and Bill will secretly override the lockout.

Or Danny will disagree when Ed talks Karen into overriding, and will get spaced in the ensuing scuffle.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Hope Danny gets spaced.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
She was definitely mad about them stealing her work, not about them stealing State secrets.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think Margo is headed for a resigning in disgrace situation to parallel Von Braun. No writer in the world could resist that setup.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Space Danny ASAP IMO.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
There was an Oval Office meeting an episode or two ago that started on a tight shot of a mic stuck to a vase in the room.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Tequila25 posted:

It seems silly that a huge leap for mankind would cause an economic disaster.

That is a thing that actually happens.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Spacebump posted:

Why would they be sending video of the bad takes that required reshoots?

Maybe they didn't bother sending a video editor to Mars.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The survivors of the martian cliff collapse dust themselves off, only to find that they are all now infected with the martian microbe that was released when the aquifer blew.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
“You seem good and high, you should be in charge of communications while we are out on the dangerous away mission. Maybe later we will figure out where you are getting the pills and if you have any left.”

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Mars baby inbound!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Moscow will consider the baby to be a risk to the already-endangered mission and will demand that an abortion be administered. A portion of America will flip the gently caress out.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Belter

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is the kid a USSR citizen also?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Season finale will be a legal battle over who has control over the only natural-born citizen of Mars.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
NASA: "The astronauts will simply practice abstinence."

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
This documentary is sorely lacking in specifics.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
gently caress yeah.

Question: Would Mars Baby or Lesbian President win the headline wars?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
They said it was 89 km (55 miles).

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah, should only take a few more episodes to but a bow on everything.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:thejoke:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Possibly she is believed dead, then when they can't find her remains in the rubble the FBI figures out what must have happened and they decide to do a coverup to avoid having to tell the public that the head of NASA was a spy and a defector.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I don’t think it came out of nowhere.
1) There was the conversation with Margot where the Russian lady says we can help you, do you want to rot in jail for 40 years?
2) Followed by (I think it came after?) Sergei getting his family lifted out of the Soviet Union and most importantly
3j Margot's big speech which she ended with “the room is yours” and performed a dramatic exit.

I think the bomb timing was just coincidence, Margot was on her way to the Soviets after her speech.

Yeah, they probably extracted her at some point before the bomb went off, and it ended up being a helpful cover. Presumably NASA would want to stage a coverup to avoid having the outpouring of goodwill after the attack tainted by the news that the head of the agency was a spy and a defector.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Presumably she kept rescuing people in the dark until she walked into one of those arcing electrical wires.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Maybe the actors became deadly enemies and couldn't be on set at the same time.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I assumed it was an Omon Ra situation except the kastronaut didn’t get the memo about how he was supposed to end the mission.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

SimonChris posted:

I don't really understand what the conspiracy theorists needed Jiimmy for if their plan was just to set off a big bomb in the parking lot. What was the point of the doohickey they had him install at NASA? Did I miss something?

I assumed that they planned to broadcast a manifesto of some kind first, but had to abandon that step of the plan when they got caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Marsupial Ape posted:

I had a theory that even I thought was too dumb to share. The NK land on Mars and do the actual smart hard sci-if thing of using the laval tubes as underground habitats. All you have to do is cap both ends and space-stucco the walls and pressurize it. Boom: instant vertical habit with a stable temperature and plenty of radiation shielding. While down in the tubes, they discover liquid water and their sustainability goes way up. Lava tubes full of grow lamps and plants. The whole deal. That would be both believable and hilarious. NK hits the ground running with an actual functioning Mars colony, albeit basic as gently caress on the inside.

If Martian colonization stories trip your trigger then read Red Mars and sequels by Kim Stanley Robinson. They did some underground lava tube habitats there.

Can’t remember if the hippie Martian rebel hideouts were there or only under the icecaps.