Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
God this show. Killing off Thatcher. Fat Margo. I love it.

Cojawfee posted:

I guess it's easier to just say LCD panels happened sooner than source era appropriate CRTs for everything.

I mean, LCD panels existed throughout the 90s. I didn't find it a stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

nexus6 posted:

I didn't see a recap and it's been a while since I saw S2, was Karen's husband who died in the elevator Tracy's ex-husband?

Yes.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
LMAOOOOOOO iPods in 1995

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
I legit thought the Russian meltdown was faked so that they could steal American fuel.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
It looks like NASA is interested in building NERVA engines again:

https://usnc.com/ultra-safe-nuclear-technologies-delivers-advanced-nuclear-thermal-propulsion-design-to-nasa/

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
I wonder if Ellen pardons Margo.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
Ed and Danielle saying Hi Bob to each other on Mars :glomp:

Edit - Well that was a bleak ending

mr. unhsib fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 15, 2022

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

Rappaport posted:

I'm starting to get real horror movie vibes from Danny :ohdear:

Good episode all around, Margo plot does not seem headed to the electric chair sadly but at least it's progressing, and the conflict between the Soviet and US missions bubbled to the surface a whole two episodes in to the collaboration :allears:

In a world where Larry's gay affair is going to be the Lewinsky scandal, I'm guessing Ellen sabre rattles Russia over stolen rocket intel and hogging water on the moon as a Yugoslavia analogue.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
Did we know Aleida and her husband had broken up?

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
Danielle coming across.footsteps at the North Korean probe is an all-time great moment on this show.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

Arach posted:

Let's be honest that DPRK cosmonaut is probably better fed than the average resident of North Korea. I feel it needs much explanation, but it sure is wild.

Famine came to North Korea after the Soviet Union fell and couldn’t prop up the country’s economy anymore.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
I figured the Soviets extracted Margo because no way a show can kill off 2 female protagonists within 30 seconds in this day and age.

Kelly's baby sure was massive, especially given it was a month-early preemie :lol: That thing looked like my 6 month old ... it should've looked like a gerbil.

Man, Margo's gonna reunite with Aleida next season and it's gonna be *awesome*

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

Jerusalem posted:

On Mars, the Kelly extraction to Phoenix I felt could have been strong enough to be the climax of the season on its own.

This basically would have been the season 1 climax all over again, plus a pregnancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
My prediction is that season 4 is going to feature an amicable end to the Cold War leading to basically a worldwide social democratic government. Between Margo working behind the scenes in the USSR, her Russian dude in America, Kelly's symbolic child, and the collapse of Helios, all signs point in that direction. The bombing at NASA will kill any Congressional defunding effort.