Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Do they have contraception with them in space? First thing I thought when Kelly and that dude started boning down is first space baby. Boom, new character to explore even further into space in the future.

Also please for the love of god somebody kill Danny ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

gohmak posted:

I was thinking yuck they are on water rations

lmao, everyone floating slowly away from them during conversion because they reek of sex.

Edit: Also if she has a baby then technically she finds life on Mars :v:

Panic! At The Tesco fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jul 16, 2022

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The space stuff has so far been good enough for me to overlook the boring drama but honestly it's getting close to where it's not gonna be worth it anymore.

The ending was at least exciting, but as others have said having pill popping Danny in charge of anything important during that drilling mission was a dumb af way to get there. Honestly they should have spaced Danny a long time ago, I can't remember any show being so dragged down by a single character.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Also who the gently caress designed the space drill where the only control to stop the pressure from overloading it or whatever has to be done remotely? Especially when Ed is literally playing with some kind of throttle at the drill site. They should have put the "do not explode" button on there as well.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

QuoProQuid posted:

the stevenses seem to have produced a family likely responsible for killing life on two planets

A least Tracy and Gordo were good characters. Now we're stuck with the psycho mum stalker and Jimmy nae pals.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The baby will be born, then after the next time skip it'll be Joel Kinnaman deaged to look 10 years old.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I thought the red light was just part of Gordo going space-crazy, though I haven't seen that season in a while so could be wrong.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Show is still entertaining but it's definitely squandered most of it's potential for me. Feels like this season was just a bunch of human drama, with people doing stupid as gently caress stuff (like letting Danny even have an important job to do during the drilling, while he was all crazy and drug addicted), to move the plot along. The previous seasons did have a lot of drama, but I dunno, it just wasn't as badly written I think.

This episode had some good space stuff with having to get Kelly back into orbit (although her getting pregnant in the first place is another dumb thing that wouldn't happen. Why the hell would they be raw dogging on an important NASA misson to mars??) but they kind of flew through that whole thing in a non satisfying way while combining it with all the failson bombing stuff.

It's also like they wasted most of the season having not much happen, then realised "oh poo poo there's only like 15 mins left in the last episode better just tidy all this up there we go that'll do see you next season!"

Like I said it's still entertaining and there aren't many space shows so I'll keep watching but it had the potential to be so much more after season 1.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Brass posted:

Did we even watch the same show? This season started on the space hotel, then the race to Mars, landing on Mars, Danny's descent, the drilling, then trying to get back to Phoenix. Plus all of the stuff going down on Earth. Aleida sniffing out Margo, Jimmy obsessed over conspiracy theories, the Helios corporate stuff, lesbian Republican president, etc. What more do you want? It would be cool if they explored Mars a little more but I think the show sacrifices things like that for scientific accuracy, which I've noticed people still tend to be overly critical of - like it's a gotcha moment. "Ah-ha! This could never physically happen in real life!" But anyhow, a ton of stuff happened in just 10 episodes but I would agree that the quality of the different storylines and plot points is varied, I don't blame you for blanking on the Earth stuff. loving Jimmy.

I was hoping the show would have a much bigger focus on the space travel/engineering problems (accurate or not it wouldn't bother me, as long as it was more about solving the problems that come with being in space and on other planets) with maybe some drama around the astronauts to pad it out.

Failson duo both had crap storylines. They could have replaced all the Danny poo poo with Ed basically teaching a young newer astronaut some poo poo or something. Other failson being a terrorist was boring. President stuff was boring. Margo and Sergei stuff was ok at times, but dragged on. Helios stuff on earth was boring, although having a private space company involved was good for the in space storylines.

I dunno, I'm just disappointed overall. Like I said it's still entertaining, but (especially with the time skip every season) they could have made a really interesting show that was focused more about humankind building on their previous technology and experience to go further into space every time. I know it does focus on that to a degree, but it's dragged down in my opinion by way too much stupid interpersonal drama.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The president will be Ed, with most of his body replaced by cyborg parts. He'll govern from The Whiteship, which is a spaceship that looks like the Whitehouse, as he travels the galaxy getting angry at stuff.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I'm telling you, cyborg Ed.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Also haven't seen many crybabies in this thread. Most people who have criticised the show have also said it's still decent.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

You guys have thought about the logistic of the NK way more than the shows writers have tbh.

I still like the show but reminder that this is a show where the mission leader let the kid who is a junkie for space-pills monitor an important part of the drill, which also for some reason had no override on the actual drill and was all controlled from their base which meant he could let it blow up because of his anger/space pill abuse.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

At first I was like "ok this is getting kind of dumb" when Ed was chosen to go to Mars but now I'm kind of hoping they go all the way and by season 5 or 6 he's half robot flying out of the solar system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Only a couple more seasons until we get cyborg Ed