Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Should be square now. Still $54 up for grabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Remember, if you like a bug you can always force an old version on Steam. And, yeah, Undead stuff has been fixed. I also haven't noticed a transition freeze yet so I wonder if they fixed that.

Oh, I've noticed Confuse seems to be broken, a lot of enemies seem to target the party with attacks (noticed Blaze with Wyverns, think Level Checkers did L5 Death, but there's been others).

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Doom Goon posted:

Remember, if you like a bug you can always force an old version on Steam. And, yeah, Undead stuff has been fixed. I also haven't noticed a transition freeze yet so I wonder if they fixed that.

I'm playing the Pixel Remaster and I just got a transition freeze on the tree-death phase of the final boss. Speaking of, I'm having some trouble with it. I've got NIN/SAM/SAM/BST everyone is Lvl 42. I was gonna just release four Dragon Aevis on him, but release seems to have been changed. Instead of releasing what I caught, it just releases a random monster from the area. I'd rather not grind out a bunch of levels and slowly throw money at him. Anyone have any advice?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I was gonna just release four Dragon Aevis on him, but release seems to have been changed. Instead of releasing what I caught, it just releases a random monster from the area.
holy poo poo what

also uh, yeah, throwing money would have been my strat. the Ninja can throw the legendary weapons and such, I guess

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Yeah, that !Capture sounds similar to the bug I mentioned here. Unless they changed it and it's acting weird in a different way? Which is kinda possible because I know that this !Capture bug was slightly different than the original which I know had a bunch of wacky stuff I only saw in Japanese videos.

I know I mitigated it somehow but I'm blanking on the details, I think it had to do with the 3rd character catching or a !Capture weirdly interacting with a non-Beastmaster class? I can't remember what I settled on. I was able to carry 3 captures I wanted but 1 was always messed up if I tried for all.

Yeah, Confuse is seriously messed up, I know I mentioned it but it's worth stressing again. That's fun to find with a Dancer class, nothing like triggering repeated Earthquakes from an Undergrounder lol.

The transition crashes I haven't seen pop up that I mentioned are between map ones, used to get those fairly often, seemingly more when I let the game keep running. We'll see! I did get a Crystals starting battle softlock freeze on load but I was running fast forward via Cheat Engine (that's a thing you can do, btw, kept forgetting to mention that. There's a mod does it a different way but I'm used to how I have it, have keybindings set up and everything).

But I do have some good news! I can confirm having beat it with my classes that Gil Turtle's Turtle (and other attacks) don't trigger on shield blocks and dodges anymore.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Well, like any group comprised of three wealthy royals I just threw money at my problems till they went away. My run is completed.

Now for the toxxes. Not sure which of these are still good, if any.

Mustached Demon posted:

We need a name toxx so here goes y'all:

:toxx:
$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

Nemo2342 posted:

Are You Sure You're Using That Thing Correctly?: $1 per run (up to $25) for anyone who takes a picture of themselves attacking Omega with a class that's wielding a completely inappropriate weapon.

This is for charity so you don't actually have to KILL Omega like this, I just want to see Chemists wielding axes smacking the big dumb robot.

Hope a katana wielding Beastmaster counts.

nrook posted:

Life's Too Short

I will donate $5 for every run that doesn't use Reflect Rings randomly dropped by or stolen from enemies. It's okay to use the guaranteed drop from Leviathan and the ring found in Istory Falls. I'll donate an additional $5 if you do this and beat Exdeath in World 2 at or under level 25, on all characters.

Couldn't really take a screenshot for this one. You'll just have to take my word for it. Never even used the allowable ones. Didn't beat Exdeath under 25 though.

As for my thoughts on the run. It went well. I liked the PR but I don't think I'd use if for the fiesta again. Fixes too many useful glitches and adds some annoying ones. Group composition was okay. Having to rely on potions for the entire game wasn't the most fun thing in the world but a Ninja and two Samurai were strong enough to power through almost everything. Throwing scrolls for the early game, and money for the later game did the trick. The random catch and release bug, plus calm not working on Omega made Beastmaster pretty useless but they could always contribute by ignoring their class skills and using throw or zeninage. Exdeath was pretty annoying. Had to throw money at him and guzzle elixirs. I used all 38 I brought into the fight with me. All in all, a good run.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Weird, Antlion seems to have some sort of new HP+Status recovery effect with Sleep when its HP goes too low (probably to prevent the script break). Was still able to kill him on hit with a Sleep sword (and Berserk worked normally too) but just Sleeping him might have issues.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
[quote="Son of a Vondruke!" post="525678405
Hope a katana wielding Beastmaster counts.

[/quote]

It's for charity, it definitely counts

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Run 2: Summoner/Monk/White Mage/Knight

Spent way too many attempts being impatient and trying to power through Omega's counters before falling back on reflected searches. Timing advice for if you have white mage and summoner together, at least on GBA: If you set up Carbuncle right after Omega's second wave cannon, reflect should fall off just in time to drop a curaga before the wave cannon at the end of the script.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Turns out Leviathan is actually pretty good in a brave blade run. Tons of stuff in the rift is weak to water. Who knew!

nrook posted:

Life's Too Short

I will donate $5 for every run that doesn't use Reflect Rings randomly dropped by or stolen from enemies. It's okay to use the guaranteed drop from Leviathan and the ring found in Istory Falls. I'll donate an additional $5 if you do this and beat Exdeath in World 2 at or under level 25, on all characters.

I may have had two other sources of reflect, and I may have fought a bunch of unnecessary encounters anyway, and I may have picked up two rings incidentally while climbing phoenix tower that I pinky swear I never equipped, but I did technically complete this.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I counted 50. :shrug:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Run 4 (last one!): Dragoon, Red Mage, Mystic Knight, Dancer

I had Mystic Knight and Dancer so I got to see a bunch of 9999s and full Drain Sword Dance heals. Dragoon and Red Mage, well, not useless especially when I killed Gil Turtle I guess?

Overall year: I finally got to solo triple crown Blue Mage which was my holy grail since almost my first Fiesta so I'm happy. I also discovered a bunch of bugs which was pretty cool! And even though some of the changes are weird and/or introduced bugs it's still nice to see updates and whatnot to the Pixel version. Oh, and I've been thinking about my scripting tool lately since it's just been sitting around hardly started, still plan to work on it some more once I stop jumping from project to project. On the negative, I didn't get to do my own :toxx: due to a tighter income just right before the Fiesta which kinda sucks. Nor did I get to do a Randomizer run. But oh well, still had a lot of fun this year!

I thought my Dragoon would survive to revive people to attack in the nick of time but actually it was the Mystic Knight that got lucky with Aegis block along with the Dancer doing improved Sword Dances. So many bad Earthquakes just for my less prepared classes to sweep it lol.

Jose Valasquez posted:

0 power chicken knife :toxx:

Nemo2342 posted:

Are You Sure You're Using That Thing Correctly? :toxx:

Ah, Red Mage Lancer, useless on top of useless.

DalaranJ posted:

No Summoner :toxx:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Doom Goon posted:

Ah, Red Mage Lancer, useless on top of useless.

They're useless, except for getting money for charity:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Squeezed another run in before the end. Fun party, could probably triple crown this one, but I don't think I'll have the time to.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ultrafilter posted:

:toxx: time: Last year, I put in a toxx to donate for goons who complete a run with four of the same job. I paid out for Berserker, Samurai, Freelancer, and Necromancer; this year I'm offering rewards for the remaining jobs. Here's the pay schedule:
  • $10 each for Bard, Beastmaster, Black Mage, Blue Mage, Chemist, Dancer, Dragoon, Geomancer, Knight, Monk, Mystic Knight, Ninja, Ranger, Red Mage, Summoner, Thief, Time Mage, and White Mage.
  • $20 each for Gladiator, Mime, Oracle and Cannoneer.
Some of those runs will be pretty miserable, but it's for a good cause, and let's face it: thread regulars have done worse. No balance patches or randomizers, but you can play any version you'd like.

I have Eeepies for the Blue Mage and blakelmenakle for the Summoner runs. Did I miss anything?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

girl dick energy posted:

Ground floooooor!

I may not be keeping up with my LP, but I am keeping up with my :toxx:es!

Fat Chocobo Tour: Same as the last two years, every time you use the Chocobo spell during a Fiesta run, and you summon Fat Chocobo, type .chonk in the Discord to add it to the count. At the end of the Fiesta, I'll be donating $0.10 per chonk, up to a maximum of $10 $20.

And a new one!

Job Scholarship Program: This offer is exclusively open for players who are either new to the Fiesta, or returning players who've never successfully completed one. Sometimes a newer player can get a party that's just a brick wall for them, and kill their momentum before they have the skills to overcome the challenge. Therefore, for those players who qualify*, I will match one Job Fair change donation, up to a maximum of $5. Whatever jobs, in whatever build, whatever format, whatever party. You put in for the change, confirm it, and I'll put in the same amount. Just @ me in the Discord or quote this post in the thread. This will be open to the first five players who request it, first-come-first-serve.

There may be more, depending on how finances shake out, not sure.

* Qualifications are entirely arbitrary, but if you ask, you probably qualify.

68 Chocobos is $6.80, so I'm gonna just round that up to $7.

And both to cover any last-minute Fat Chocobos and because I fell behind the thread for two whole months, I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that the full $25 is being paid out for Job Scholarship.

Should've played more myself, but I kind of got a little addicted to FFXIV. Oops.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

3 days left and I've got :toxx: money left over

$3 for runs that finish between now and then
$10 for runs that start and finish between now and then

Completions: Serene Dragon ($3), Clione ($10)

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 30, 2022

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Nemo2342 posted:

Are You Sure You're Using That Thing Correctly?: $1 per run (up to $25) for anyone who takes a picture of themselves attacking Omega with a class that's wielding a completely inappropriate weapon.

A katana wielding geomancer with 3 calmers seemed like a good idea (it was not lol)

Serene Dragon posted:

:toxx: All Blue, All The Time

I will donate $5 per run that gets every blue magic spell, up to $50. Screenshots of the fully filled in list in the magic menu will do. Obtain the full power of !Blue!

Throwing the money in for this now :)

Thanks CourtlyHades296 and Doom Goon for doing this twice. I added an extra $5 for doing it myself and another $5 in case I missed someone in this thread

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Jose Valasquez posted:

Good timing, I just finished my 7th and likely final run of the year now

I don't think I have it in me to start and finish an 8th run in the next three days lol

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Serene Dragon posted:

A katana wielding geomancer with 3 calmers seemed like a good idea (it was not lol)

I'm just going to close this Toxx out now so that I don't forget to give my money to charity. Thanks everyone for participating!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Completions: Serene Dragon ($3)

I thought I was done for this fiesta but this sounds like a challenge if I ever saw one. Starting a run now.

And challenge failed goddamnit but at least I donated an extra $10 for 2 job fairs. Still in world 1 with one of the lowest offense parties so I doubt i can finish it within 23 hours.

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 31, 2022

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Zonekeeper posted:

I had a pretty similar loadout (Samurai instead of Knight) on PR and my kill consisted of waiting for him to cast search (no need to reflect it, I never got countered after he cast it) and then casting a round of 1000 Needles before he does something else. Then between searches I kept the party healed up with White Wind.

Took a really long time and was a slog, but it worked and I didn't have to deal with counterattacks. I had to use a couple Elixirs for the MP refill though.

Finally decided to go for this and it worked pretty well, though I decided to take a gamble and leave my Berserker alive. RIP Bartz who is now long forgotten. Thanks for the advice to you and Olesh. I'm glad I can now finally say I've beaten Omega, in a Four Job Fiesta no less!

e: Triple Crown! First time I've beaten either. Surprised by how much of a chump Shinryu was once you berserk it, but I guess that's what happens when it loses most of its moveset. Spent the whole fight spamming Flash with half my party while my Berserker decided she wanted to be a dragonslayer.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 30, 2022

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

18 hours left! That's time for 4 or 5 runs

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Completions:
0 power chicken knife - Vernatio, Serene Dragon, Darkoni, Modoh, girl dick energy, Doom Goon x4, Cattail Prophet
Low level - CourtlyHades ($6.80 for Omega/Shinryu, $6 for NED), Unreal_One ($1.20 for triple crown), Man with Hat ($1.20 for NED/Omega), Odysseus S Grant ($3.20 for triple crown #1, $4.80 for triple crown #2), CourtlyHades ($13.60 for triple crown), blakelmenakle ($1.20 for NED)

Jose Valasquez posted:

Completions: Serene Dragon ($3), Clione ($10)
$151 donated, but still a few hours to go

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Alright, I'll need to go through the thread and count em up tonight.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Finished off the Chemist/Bard/Time/Monk absolutely blessed run that I'd been putting off in awe of its power. I should have gotten into it earlier, because I ended up chickening out on Omega and doing the safe quickleak instead of learning the !Sing tempo and fishing for level 255 Monk hits, but goddrat everything just got turbochumped and it was a breeze to Triple Crown starting yesterday after work from a save I'd put down as soon as I reached W2 overworld.

The single biggest roadblock was trying to be clever with Omniscient instead of just spending five minutes Cometing him down, and the second biggest roadblock was finding a good W3 turtle shell farm. (Ignore Moore, just south of the forest way north of Crescent is a block that's Karnak grasslands encounters.)

No wall rings were farmed, and only one was deliberately used, well after storming through Istory. But it looks like most people have wound their toxxes up, so I'll probably just go donate that one myself.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I finished my second run this year with a team I thought might be a little annoying but turned out fantastic. Dancer/Chemist/Dancer/Blue Mage. Because I wasn't using the Fiesta patch, it did mean I had to be Freelancer up to earth crystal (I guess I also could have unlocked my jobs early and just started using Blue Mage from the start but eh). Dancer is an absolute powerhouse and Tempting Tango works on a lot of things you wouldn't expect it to. I haven't used Dancers much in the past Fiestas so I didn't know. And of course giving them Drink as a secondary meant they could down Goliath Tonics to help with their abysmal HP.

I mean, yeah, any run with Chemist is going to be a cakewalk, but I'm surprised that Dancer's heavy hitting meant I was relying on them for most of the game with Chemist mostly there for utility rather than big numbers with Succubus Kiss.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Oh, a tiny FFV path was released but all it does apparently is fix the treasure chest count. Funny enough, I hit that one on my last run! Went to check and it was only 99%.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I won right in time, much like Faris here:

Shinryu more like Shinzo Abe

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Aww, man! I think the timer on the site was glitched or I just misread, I thought I had another hour :negative:

Just about to beat Exdeath for the first time, too. Knight/Geo/Dragoon/Red Mage without fast forward really just ended up requiring me to do a shitload of EXP grind, which put me off until the last minute. Bestiary says I have killed 715 Ammonites. Oh well...

E:

Not exactly better late than never, but at least it's over! Sorry I missed the PP toxx.

free Trapt CD fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Sep 1, 2022

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1565503996026306560
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1565525550168670208

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

:toxx: time: Last year, I put in a toxx to donate for goons who complete a run with four of the same job. I paid out for Berserker, Samurai, Freelancer, and Necromancer; this year I'm offering rewards for the remaining jobs. Here's the pay schedule:
  • $10 each for Bard, Beastmaster, Black Mage, Blue Mage, Chemist, Dancer, Dragoon, Geomancer, Knight, Monk, Mystic Knight, Ninja, Ranger, Red Mage, Summoner, Thief, Time Mage, and White Mage.
  • $20 each for Gladiator, Mime, Oracle and Cannoneer.
Some of those runs will be pretty miserable, but it's for a good cause, and let's face it: thread regulars have done worse. No balance patches or randomizers, but you can play any version you'd like.

I have Eeepies for the Blue Mage and blakelmenakle for the Summoner runs, which brings my total to $20. Doom Goon didn't technically qualify cause Blue Mage was already taken but a solo triple crown deserves some recognition, so I'll throw in an extra $20 for that.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Counting these as $3 last minute completions, so $12 more to PP

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Awesome, thank you!

More news, the Backlog September mini-event is running down, here's mine:

There was some stats released about Fiesta 2022 but the infographix is coming soonish (next month?).

Also, there's these:
Rewrite of the job selection (including what they're called) and website:
https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/1569538626731798531
Sneak peak for next year's gimmick! There was a screenshot of what exactly it is in Discord:
https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/1569553365880946690
Off-season runs, first for Patreons, coming SOON™:
https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/1569154050503098368

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Oh hey I haven't looked at this thread in a while so I didn't know about this. I suppose I could finish up the winter Fiesta runs I never finished, that would be the FF1 run with Fighter/Fighter/Black/White (which I still have the save file for!) and the FF6 no esper challenge with Mog/Setzer/Gogo/Cyan maybe? I don't remember. I'd have to start from the beginning on the FF6 one though so I probably won't do that one.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Will take a crack at a decade-old Lunar 2 save file next weekend... or just finish Live-A-Live I guess.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Onion jobs is presumably jobs that were available in FFIII. If so, that's everything except Blue Mage, Time Mage, Mystic Knight, Berserker, Beastmaster, Samurai, Dancer and Chemist.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Doom Goon posted:

There was a screenshot of what exactly it is in Discord:

For those of us who'd rather stop using the app altogether than join a discord run by RK: what is it?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

Onion jobs is presumably jobs that were available in FFIII. If so, that's everything except Blue Mage, Time Mage, Mystic Knight, Berserker, Beastmaster, Samurai, Dancer and Chemist.

Guaranteed Dragoon on Earth? Don't like that!

Wonder if it'll just be "all jobs possible at all crystals" by default to avoid that scenario, or maybe jobs stay in the pool by default too like in Random? Could just shuffle jobs around too I suppose, removing the non FFIII jobs gives 12, so it could just be three per crystal.

Or just assign them the same way they're assigned in FF3? Looking at job crystals in 3, (the crystal order is different, but just going from "first to fourth") first is Black/White/Monk/Red (Thief in 3D versions), second is Ranger/Knight/Thief (Geomancer in 3D), third is Geomancer/Dragoon/Bard, and fourth is Summoner (and Ninja in 3D).

So you could remove Red from wind, make water Red/Knight/Thief, fire Geomancer/Summoner/Ninja, and earth be Bard/Dragoon/Ranger. Or hell, swap them around a bit, you could also make fire Ranger/Summoner/Geomancer and earth Bard/Dragoon/Ninja. A lot of options I guess.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Could be all jobs/all crystals i.e. Chaos format, or they could count Samurai as the Dark Knight from FF3 since their katanas have the same name. Berserkers could also be included as a copy of the Viking class in FF3. The names are different but the equipment is functionally the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It wouldn't surprise me if the job list from each crystal matches what was given in FFIII.