Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

F Rune Knight B does have undeniable character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

All that aside,

quote:

The White Dragon is literally the same one we fought in the prologue with tweaked AI and stats boosted.

Just stats, mind you, the Burn on Fire Breath still deals 3 damage a tick.
this rates a solid lmao, the hilariously broken classes and such can be deliberate, and likely are on some level, the asset reuse is what it is, for the reasons it is, but this is quite sloppy.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Intrusive thought: Emel is, as a character concept across the series, very close to CnC's Kane.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

You know, I wonder how much that 50 billion is when facing inflation after 60 years and a couple ends of the world.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

A well placed tonal shift can do a lot, and I appreciate the decision to just wall off the side content entirely. It'd have been nice if there had been core content to parcel along the side content though.

Also I'm not entirely certain that dragon evolution and regular evolution work the same way.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Everything is going well, I see, also everything is going well in a way that for now actually can set up the low tech and low population of 7DDS.

Now, this is a story with time travel and such and when you took out the previous big dragons in the past the information on them through the past to the present disappeared but the damage still stuck around. I'm worried the game is going to forged that last thing and bring back the world state when ND dies, a time travel fixes everything that is unearned is about just as bad as it was all a dream.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

They don't have the time to earn fixing things through time travel, so they'll just have to pretend they did, because they didn't have the time and budget.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

A pretty line is better than most dungeons anyway. Huge miss to not make all trash enemies also some sort of dragon.

I'm guessing the endpoint is to remake the world but without dragons and somehow including all the people who exist only because of dragons, like everyone descended from the navis. I don't get prediction marks, it's too easy at this point.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

And now I actually have to wonder what VFD looks like, despite the surroundings, it can't be a rainbow, we've already seen that and those assets can't be reused, for technical reasons.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It's not a real JRPG unless you have a fistfight with the pope, warranted or not. Pulling the dragonslayer out of nowhere would have made sense for Opal, to a degree, since she is effectively becoming a dragon, except that she's the player character and as such the player should have some awareness of those capabilities, on account of playing her, because she's a stand-in and not her own character. It would have been a better role for Yuma.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I'm kinda impressed the game reached a finish line and a release, it feels like an ending got cut for costing too much and they tried using existing assets to rush out a less costly one.

A good joke ending would have been desert Earth because no one came around to set up life on it.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

7D2020 has one character going "let's party like it's 2019" and it wasn't supposed to hit that accurately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It was all worth it for the music and Valerie's winsome smile.