Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

Marshal Prolapse posted:

You know that’s a pretty cool idea. Does anyone have a good link to an image showing all the Hersey era uniforms?

Here is a link to almost all of the color armor plates from the OOP black books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/23/legions-of-the-horus-heresy-the-world-eaters-are-the-angriest-astartes-around/

World Eaters today

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

No changes that I can see from their leaked rules. Very excited to finish my fifteen Red Hand Destroyers.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BirdieBedtime posted:

Here is a link to almost all of the color armor plates from the OOP black books.

Thanks! So my wife likes the Emperor's Children as she's a big fan of Royal Purple and it kind of reminds her of The Mountain in the last season of GoT.

It's really neat about the wide variety of suggestions and that the only one in common is the Ultramarines.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

No changes that I can see from their leaked rules. Very excited to finish my fifteen Red Hand Destroyers.

which hand will be red

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

O there’s a new thread. I am undefeated in HH2.0 and will remain so forever

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Here’s a couple of the Destroyers

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Ultramarines
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/24/legions-of-the-horus-heresy-organise-the-ultramarines-into-an-unbeatable-force/

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Would someone be down to do a legion rules comparison between the classic and new rules?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

Here’s a couple of the Destroyers

I really like these man

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ijyt posted:

Would someone be down to do a legion rules comparison between the classic and new rules?

I would be down, but we don't have full rules yet

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ijyt posted:

As the rules are not put legally I have to assume you are a cop.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Is that price listed in the OP for the new box plausible? $225 seems a bit low, but if it is that's gonna be awesome.

I've got a box on pre-order now and will probably be splitting a second one with my friend.

I've always been tempted by 30k, but the price put me off. It seems like the perfect game for me now though, especially since I've been missing the old pre-primaris space marine aesthetic that just doesn't exist anymore in 40k. (No rhinos, no land raiders, ect)

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

jadebullet posted:

I've got a box on pre-order now and will probably be splitting a second one with my friend.

Wait, is the big boxed set available for pre order now?? It's surprisingly hard for me to Google an answer, I'm just getting preview articles from sites like goonhammer.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Jack B Nimble posted:

Wait, is the big boxed set available for pre order now?? It's surprisingly hard for me to Google an answer, I'm just getting preview articles from sites like goonhammer.

Nah, my FLGS just let's people tell him if they want to pre-order something and he makes his order from GW accordingly.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh, that's cool; phew, haven't missed the window.

My FLGS owner gives us 25% off on things we buy or order on the second Saturday of the month but vaguely says I have to "message him" on face book about it even though I've come into the store two loving times and said "yo can I buy or order the $160 kill teams essential collection" :argh:

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Loving my late Heresy aquitor bombard

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
mods?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Beerdeer posted:

Loving my late Heresy aquitor bombard

I’m stupid so I had literally never made that connection before

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
My first Horus Heresy model (Argel Tal) is arriving today and I'm more excited about painting something Warhammer related than I have been in a good amount of time.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/25/legions-of-the-horus-heresy-the-death-guard-trade-glory-for-guts-lots-of-guts/

Speaking of Death Guard

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

As much as I just adore the idea of unleashing plague flamers everywhere I possibly can, I don't care for the colour scheme they have
Guess I'll keep debating between Word Bearers, Night Lord's, Alpha Legion or Sons of Horus for my Traitor legion :shepicide:
World Eaters have a great colour scheme but don't want all melee legion

Somebody posted a link earlier to an Alpha Legion painting tutorial on YouTube and that was loving impressive but I don't have a airbrush

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 25, 2022

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Tiny Chalupa posted:

As much as I just adore the idea of unleashing plague flamers everywhere I possibly can, I don't care for the colour scheme they have
Guess I'll keep debating between Word Bearers, Night Lord's, Alpha Legion or Sons of Horus for my Traitor legion :shepicide:
World Eaters have a great colour scheme but don't want all melee legion

Somebody posted a link earlier to an Alpha Legion painting tutorial on YouTube and that was loving impressive but I don't have a airbrush

That use of DG Green instead of Castellan green kind of sucks. It's not strong enough. I am considering changing from bone to cream for the body color though based on that.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I think my Sons of Horus decision is sticking

-I loved them in the first three heresy books, so much so that Im a little disappointed to be away from their perspective in Flight of the Eisenstein
-They're good at basically everything so I dont have to be shoehorned into one playstyle
-Color scheme rules and the paint tutorial posted earlier in the thread makes it look so easy
-gently caress the Emperor

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

AnEdgelord posted:

-gently caress the Emperor

glad to have another traitor join up

as the saying goes, loyalists are boring!

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Probably gonna run Ultramarines since I want a shooting army and I like blue.

I know riveting.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Stuck at a crossroads between a loyalist holdout of Emperor's Children loyal to the Iron Hands after Manus' rapid neck-up weight loss but from the Warhammer Day preview for it it seems like running the not-main path of a legion results in the loss of named commanders. So if I want to have a Lucius and whatnot I'd have to go traitors.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Hey for some legions you get access to new commanders. Part of the reason I like the idea of SoH so much is that I can use Lokan if Im feeling loyalist-curious.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Lucinice posted:

I know riveting.

Ultramarine beakies have potential

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oh interesting.

Fake edit: looks like Saul already has a mini so it would be neat if there's alt commanders for loyalist ECs.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm still undecided as to which legion to start with. Part of it is determining what playstyle I want, and part of it is that I'm undecided as to which side. Why?

gently caress the Emperor, and

gently caress the Chaos Gods. Seriously, these are our options?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Lucinice posted:

I know riveting.

I have about 7500 points of Heresy UMs so gently caress yeah

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Pinwiz11 posted:

Sounds like White Scars to me

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Pinwiz11 posted:

Join us Night Lords...

forkis
Sep 15, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm still undecided as to which legion to start with. Part of it is determining what playstyle I want, and part of it is that I'm undecided as to which side. Why?

Sounds like blackshields might be up your alley!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Nazzadan posted:

Oh interesting.

Fake edit: looks like Saul already has a mini so it would be neat if there's alt commanders for loyalist ECs.

There's at least apparently a loyalist-only Warlord Trait for ECs.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Very cool, thanks for the heads up

Just found and read the playtest stuff for 2.0 EC and yeah 100% all in on loyalist with Saul as the warlord

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 25, 2022

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

A destroyer squad and another dreadclaw will put this at 2500!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Ghazk posted:

A destroyer squad and another dreadclaw will put this at 2500!

That's a sexy looking army right there. Well done

Loyalist Lunar Wolves are REALLY enticing to me. What little I've read of the Horus Heresy Novels(I have a few audio books) and really liked Loken.