Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm so tempted to jump in with the new box, but I need to decide on which chapter. I can always stay Blood Angels but I'm interested in doing something else.

At least there are a few that I can cross off the list immediately, more as we get more lore articles and Arbiter Ian vids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar to Kill Team: pre-order that first weekend and you'll get a copy.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm still undecided as to which legion to start with. Part of it is determining what playstyle I want, and part of it is that I'm undecided as to which side. Why?

gently caress the Emperor, and

gently caress the Chaos Gods. Seriously, these are our options?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I've continued to whittle down my list of potential starting Legions. It is currently:

White Scars
World Eaters
Thousand Suns
Word Bearers
Salamanders
Alpha Legion

And a potential "The Loyalist Side of Istvaan" soup list, but that may be later.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Apologies if I missed it, but in which book(s) are the basic unit point costs/stats for the new version? I see all of the special unit details but nothing like "this is the standard Tactical Squad with wargear options and point costs".

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

AnEdgelord posted:

Both the Liber Astartes and Hereticus have the generic Legiones Astartes armylist+the loyalist/traitor units

Good to know. Has that part been posted anywhere? I'd like to look at them prior to the pre-order day to decide on other purchases.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Today was an expensive day, but at least my potential starting Legion is down to two: Iron Hands or Alpha Legion.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I got my shipping email today, so hopefully I can start building/planning next week.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I got my stuff today, I wish I had purchased a box of Mark IIIs earlier so I can make those standard Bolter units and I could use a set of beakies for heavier weapons.

I've got a month+ until my flgs starts their Heresy grow league, so there's time.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Count Thrashula posted:

HH jet bikes are stupid expensive. 3 in a squad and each one costs ~$55??

So many units that I can't wait to shift to plastic...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

dear gw please get mk iii marines stock again okthxbye

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

SkyeAuroline posted:

Salamanders are GW's least favorite.

Iron Hands, as usual, are completely forgotten by the community - I can count the number of players I've seen for them in any community on one (sadly not iron) hand.

Hey, I'm playing Iron Hands and...

Actually, this is going to be fun. I just wish that GW WOULD GET MK3 ARMOR BACK IN PRINT AAAAAAAA

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nazzadan posted:

Did Ferrus ever do anything overtly stupid? He kinda just loved making things, loved his brother, then died.

Hubris. He jumped into Istvann V way too early and paid for it with his life.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Eediot Jedi posted:

Angron is the only innocent primarch. He had the nails to cause his dumb bullshit, probably would've died if they were removed, and the emperor chose violence every time. I would like to see some GW led warp fuckery/alternate future where Angron didn't get nailed to really bring home the tragedy.

Agreed, although Logar's plan/betrayal just put another layer of suck to Angron's life.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Speaking of Line, my slow grow league is starting 1500 point games this week and now Line is a major consideration.

Since the mission will have 4-6 objective points, I expect I should be running at least four Line units? I've got at least 40 tac marines ready to go, I can easily split them into four squads while I build alternatives.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

As an Iron Hands player...

:negative:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

BULBASAUR posted:

Oh... and if you really can't decide between two... do both! Allies are totally a valid way to play the game and a fun way to mix up your army

This. My current goal is to supplement my Iron Hands with an allied detachment of Emperor's Children and call the army list "Foreshadowing". It'll be fun!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I've built everything in the AoD box, my goal is to finalize my main 3k list and get all of the infantry/dreadnoughts painted. After that I can focus on special projects/additions.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

My Spirit Otter posted:

Oooh, thats really sharp and clinches it for iron hands imo. Death guard look pretty slick, but morty is the worst looking primarch imo. Worse than hair metal angron

MOAR IRON HANDS JOIN US

One recommendation: Feel free to add some color. I didn't want to deal with black/silver only so I added some red on the guns/banners/cloth and it really helps add some visual interest.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Cessna posted:

There's a really cool airbrush Iron Hands forged black tutorial here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k0WqI_YdIs

This makes me want to paint my Heresy box as Iron Hands.

This is what I used as the start of my IH paint scheme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5qq1_fUBgE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I just had my last match of my flgs's Heresy league, and I knew it was going to be fun when my opponent walked in carrying a Thunderhawk. :allears:

Thankfully, I made it explode after touching down, and the inferno wiped out most of their assault troops. (Also most of my troops nearby except for a miraculous 5+ roll on my Immortals.)

I love Warhammer.