Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Just going off the WHC articles, Iron Hands get defensive bonuses while Iron Warriors get better bolters and are better at shooting big things like dreadnoughts and vehicles

Honestly not even the WHC article makes Iron Hands sound cool, get hosed Ferrus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Forgive me if this was in the OP and I missed it, but do we know if the Age of Darkness box is limited release, like I'll need to camp the site on preorder day, or are we going to be able to just buy it whenever?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Probably a dumb question since there's no real "meta" or anything for this game, but do any of the forgeworld vehicles stand out as particularly good or bad? They're all so expensive that I really don't want to waste my money.

The Sabre Strike Tank looks cool, and I also like some of the Sicaran variants, but dropping that much money on a single model that's not, like, a centerpiece of my army makes me cautious.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Mango Polo posted:

Wait for the final version of the rules if you want to be safe

I mean, they're out, pages got posted a few posts ago.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BULBASAUR posted:

Which legions are you new folks thinking of starting?

World Eaters or Blood Angels, honestly haven't decided yet. The Blood Angels have cooler unique units but I think they'll be a lot harder to paint well.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The white dwarf with ZM rules being out at launch makes me happy, I assumed we were going to have to wait a while and just tweak the old rules some to get by

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I just pre-ordered it. Did I make a mistake by not buying one or both of the "codex" books? poo poo.

Theoretically you don't need them until you play but yeah that's where all of the legion specific rules are

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jack B Nimble posted:

One more question:

The HH box contains, I think 40 "basic" marines with bolt rifles. I'd like to hear any conversion or accessory sprue plans people have.

For example, someone earlier mentioned converting out a special character using a special vox pack the box has?

I'm saving 10-15 of them for the different weapons kits since I'd rather not do the conversion work to use the weapons with older marine kits, but other than that IDK.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BULBASAUR posted:

ZM rules recap:

• No more dangerous terrain checks for jet/jump pack use

This makes playing a moritat a lot better but also a lot less fun

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BULBASAUR posted:

I feel part of it is the 30k community... most people put in extra effort, and your leaders are center pieces, so they usually get extra attention and conversions

I'm more surprised people start with their HQs. I usually save mine for last

That fuckin pile of marines in the box is intimidating

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Randalor posted:

Is it usable by both sides, and is it worth picking up regardless of which Legion I sell my soul to?

Yes, maybe?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Randalor posted:

Is the Deimos-pattern Rhino the same size as the Sororitas rhinos (and their other vehicles that use the rhino chassis)? I'm just wondering if I can get away with using my Sororitas rhinos while I build out the rest if my army, then pick up the Deimos-pattern rhinos last.

You can use whatever Rhinos you want, imo. I'm going to keep using my old plastic ones just because I don't really see the need to spend 200 bucks updating them.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Does anyone have a preferred set of Jump packs/arms to print to turn some of the box beakies into assault marines? I've been looking at cults and thingiverse and there's a ton of stuff, but I can't tell if any of it is good or not.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bad Decision Dino posted:

not an empty post

Thanks, I missed this post earlier.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Floppychop posted:

I'd really like to start building my army, or even just start planning it, but I haven't heard anything regarding my preorder.

I got the order confirmation immediately after I placed the order, but that's it. Even a courtesy email of "sorry, we're backed up but we haven't forgotten about you" would be nice

I haven't heard a thing about the stuff I ordered from GW either.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Major Spag posted:

If the Heresy train HAD breaks, they'd never work anyway because the mechanicum doesn't perform the right chants.

Did you kitbash these? I love them.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If you like Solar Aux and you have a 3d printer, these seem to be pretty well regarded if you like the looks:

https://www.myminifactory.com/users/ThatEvilOne/collection/lunar-auxilia

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Plastic jetbikes, let's go

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

These rules are a trip to read through. Gonna throw 20 beastmen in a cargo hauler and see what happens.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

looking forward to Epic 30k

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

JcDent posted:

So did Legions Imperialis
[ ] kill Aeronautica?
[ ] preserve Aeronautica in a Dreadnaught-like state?

They're not going to be selling any of the planes that you can't use in Imperialis anymore so I'd call that pretty dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They should make good rules instead of bad ones, but this IS 30k we're discussing.