Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Ok, i did it. I’m weak. I bought some HH stuff. Now I need good custom Alpha Legion heads and shoulder pads - where do I look that’s not FW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

reticulate those splines

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I’m really interested in the AL ability to take other legions’ unique troops, since the literal only thing I don’t love about the AL is how dull headhunters/lernaeans are. Do we have any detail yet on just how that’s done? You just… get one? Is there a WLT and Rite that lets you get more?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Broken Record Talk posted:

The Alpha Legion stuff already leaked, so you can see it here: https://imgur.com/a/biDO2Pv

Looks like you get a single squad of a single unit by default, but the RoW "The Coils of the Hydra" lets you take three squads of that single unit.

It does not look like you will be able to run an AL army that is comprised of a bunch of different types of enemy units, which I imagine has to do with the pain of trying to balance that kind of thing. Not sure too many people want to play against units of Invictus Suzerains screening Tyrant Siege Terminators, while Dawnbreakers deep strike behind and wipe out their backfield. Cool as hell, for sure, but probably not something they're going to encourage with the rules!

Also worth pointing out that Headhunters are absolutely amazing this edition, and anyone telling you the opposite (there seems to be a lot of hate towards them in some parts of the internet) really probably hasn't looked too closely at their new rules. A 225 point unit of 10 guys, who can Infiltrate AND Scout, firing TL BS5 S5 Bolters that are AP2 on a 6, and wound whomever you choose on a 4+ are absolutely disgustingly good.

Lernaen Terminators ARE pretty boring, but if you look at their "Hydran Exemplars" special rule, they'll be effectively WS5/BS5 against any other Space Marine army, which is HUGE. Plus, they have the same 5+ IWND rule that the Salamanders special Terminators get. Boring for sure, but sometimes boring can be pretty good - take Raldoron in HH 1E, for example!

Oh, that’s cool! Headhunters are a resin upgrade kit (and it’s a hundred friggin’ bucks to upgrade ten dudes, what?!). What armor mark do they go with? And are they coming to plastic?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I don’t use slack. Maybe I should?

What armor mark are the Headhunters designed to work with? I actually really like III and IV and was hoping to use a mixture of them for different troop types.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Bored Online posted:

Legion decision status: picking a new one every day still

Hydra Dominatus, brother

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Is there somewhere I can go to see what all the universal special rules (line, fleshbane etc.) do? I am used to data sheets and have only a small brain.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Malifaux uses cards (so like datasheets) and every rule that is the same between models has the exact same name. I got used to that.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Floppychop posted:

My preorder hasn't even shipped yet.

same!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Still nothing! Hooray! Also a FW order I placed last week still hasn’t shipped either!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

If I want my Mk3 dudes to be my heavy weapon dudes, are the forge world Ryza lascannons the ones to use?

Related: are squads of 10 lascannon dudes good in this edition? Seems so because of how nasty dreadnoughts are.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

This is what I'm currently toying with for AL (Headhunter Leviathal):

Alpharius
Exodus
Centurion: Master of Signals, Nemesis Bolter

Contemptor Dreadnought with Gravis Lascannon
Contemptor Dreadnought with Gravis Lascannon
10x Lernaean Terminator Squad w/ 2x Conversion Beam Cannons
Dedicated Transport: Legion Land Raider Spartan with Searchlight
Legion Apothecarion

Legion Tactical Squad with Artificier Armor Sergeant
Dedicated Transport: Legion Rhino with Multi-melta
Legion Tactical Squad with Artificier Armor Sergeant
Dedicated Transport: Legion Rhino with Multi-melta

10x Headhunter Kill Team with Artificer Armor Sergeant
10x Headhunter Kill Team with Artificer Armor Sergeant

5x Legion Heavy Support Squad with Lascannons

I don't think Alpharius is actually very good but I like how he looks and want to try him out. He gives all three squads in dedicated transports Deep Strike. The Master of Signals seems essential to make it much more likely all my boys show up turn 2.

The other list I'm bandying around in my head is really crazy: I'm considering running a Loyalist Headhunter Leviathal detachment with a Mobius Configuration praetor, Exodus and a Vigilator, and then an allied Raven Guard Decapitation Strike detachment that's really low to the ground with a Delegatus to unlock the RoW, a single squad of tactical marines, and a squad of Mor Deythan with Nemesis Bolters. gently caress your characters (and I get +4 bonus VP if I kill your warlord).

Interested in any thoughts on these because I’ve never played any 30k before!

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 28, 2022

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

TheLawinator posted:

Would the lernaeans be objective camping? I don't really know the point of having a conversion beamer on terminators unless they're going to be a ways away from the fight and then I don't really know why they would be terminators.

I think that’s the role for them. They’re Line, which is great, and they’re fairly tough to shift, but they’re absolutely not going toe to toe with other Legions’ elite terminators or anything. However, they’ll make an absolute mess of anything WS4 in power armor.

Maybe two 5-man units would be better to camp two objectives at once? Can’t slap them both in a single Spartan but could put them in smaller transports.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

gently caress Your Characters

Exodus 165

Praetor: Rite of War (Headhunter Leviathal); Praetor; Nemesis bolter; Warlord (The Mobius Configuration) 140

10 Tactical Space Marines: Tactical Sergeant; 9 Tactical Space Marines 100

10 Headhunters: Headhunter Prime; 9 Headhunters 225

5 Lernaean Terminators: Harrower; 4 Lernaean Terminators; conversion beamer 325

5 Lernaean Terminators: Harrower; 4 Lernaean Terminators; conversion beamer 325

10 Headhunters: Headhunter Prime; 9 Headhunters 225

Allied Legiones Astartes
Delegatus: Rite of War (The Decapitation Strike); Delegatus 85

Rhino 35

5 Mor Deythan: Mor Deythan Shade (Nemesis bolter); 4 Mor Deythan; 4 × Nemesis bolter 175

2,000 points

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

pretty sure i'm just an idiot, but how do i get contemptor arms for the resin FW contemptors? can't find them on the site.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Still playing with lists. This one is called “I actually want to play Alpharius.” It’s a Headhunter Leviathal as long as Alpharius uses Everywhere and Nowhere to give my Tacticals and Lernaeans Deep Strike.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Also remember that Line isn’t like Obsec (unless you’ve got Maloghurst). You need Line to score but anyone can deny scoring.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I’ve got siege tyrant/fulmentarus as my first RoT unit (painting them in AL colors and just sticking some 3D printed missile racks on the back of the box set cataphractii) and probably gonna get golden keshig as my second because those guys gently caress

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

What is the actual difference between rending and breaching?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Count Thrashula posted:

After Magnus teleported everyone to the Planet of the Sorcerers, the flesh change started affecting the 1k Sons again, so Ahriman was like "ah gently caress I'll pick a spell out of Magnus' big spell book and see if it fixes us" and bippity boppity boo, all is dust.

It was later than that. Magnus teleported everyone to Sortiarius (speaking of low effort names) and then sulks for a while, and he gets so mad at his dad that he decides to help gently caress up terra. He goes there and helps with the siege but not much because he doesn’t really care much and there aren’t very many Sons left after Prospero (and a bunch of the ones that are left are dying of flesh change). He’s also there to retrieve fragments of his soul, which he does, except for one that is bound to one of the founders of the Grey Knights (this was the fragment that had his goodness in it, which is why he’s such a dick now). Post heresy he retreats to brood on their failure and more and more Sons are turning into Cronenbergs at which point Ahriman decides to “fix” things.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

TONIGHT… YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

moths posted:

Ok these are amazing, and did you use color shift paint or is that blue to green transition all you?

All me. I base in an 80/20 tamiya clear blue/green, dust with green from above and blow from below, then use a 70/30 mix of glaze medium/clear blue to blend. Airbrush does all the work (except the glaze, that’s brush applied).

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I am desperate to convert one of the box praetors to have a sniper rifle, ideally axe praetor, but have no idea what bit to use. Any suggestions?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

What’s the best source of open hands for Librarian conversions? And which force weapon should I pick?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

they made sure to make the out of control meta breaker coils of the hydra even worse. rest in piss, worst RoW in the game

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

You’re 5 points over I believe. If you need a delegatus, that might bring it down a bit.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Just change the print out.

Guy at my local did this. Wrote up a 2300+ point list, then used photoshop to replace the real points value with “2000” at the end and printed out the list for tournaments.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I definitely would like a box of mk6 melee dudes with better poses. Ideally it comes out at the same time as the Alpha Legion upgrade kits - I’m stockpiling bits to make a bunch of Consuls.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

what is going on with the libers? My LGS never got Liber Mechanicum and Liber Imperium isn’t going to be on preorder for NE next week either

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Plastic cyclops next please

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

moths posted:

gently caress yeah Siege of Terra in 2023. I thought 2025 at the soonest.

Part 1 (of 2???)

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I do not think that’s a new assassin type since we just got all their datasheets. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a sisters of silence character

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Oh, that one is definitely Exodus. Good news for people like me who already converted Exodus: you can field more than one!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Hell loving yeah

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

So Thursday’s new product announcement was a discontinuation of an existing product, to be partially replaced at an unspecified future date. Cool!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

“More plastic infantry coming! It’s not just tanks!”

(spongebob_one_week_later.jpg)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Stephenls posted:

To me it feels like they're planning on announcing the next infantry kit with the next big Horus Heresy box, like we're going to get something that comes with thirty or forty Mark II Assault Marines (Or maybe twenty of those and twenty new recon armor scouts or whatever), two vehicles (or two squads of Saturnine Terminators, which were conspicuously namedropped in the tech dev timeline of the new Heresy corebook despite having no official visual yet), and some new HQs. But big boxes have specific launch windows and have to compete for those windows with 40k and AoS releases, and GW doesn't want to deflate potential hype for a big FOMO box by teasing any of its new contents before the box itself is announced. Vehicles not destined for box releases don't exist under those constraints, so they get Heresy Thursday announcements.

This is my read too. Plastic assault marines are too obvious and important an exclusion; there’s no reason for GW to be completely silent on them for this long unless they’re planned as an event release. GW’s love for releasing anticipated models in box sets also suggests that’s the plan here.

I’d expect plastic assault marines, plastic javelin/proteus, and a new character or two.