Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Give me the BOX.

Sound off if you're buying multiple BOXES

Where is BOX give me BOX i need BOX i want BOX.

Thank you warmaster for the new thread, I'm genuinely excited for the influx of new players and content the new edition is going to bring - the barrier to entry before with forgeworld prices was something that kept me out of the game for ages until Betrayal at Calth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JcDent posted:

Aren't Immortals a good choice for IH? It was either them or the termies that were near unkillable*.

*From what I remember of HH 1.0 rules

I'd say between Immortals and Gorgons the clue would be in the name, but it's FW so :iiam:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

This is really useful information, I was personally looking for the Loyalist info as it gives more then the pieces it does here. Helps you confirm paint schemes and all that so you can get a jump on things

Also....I hate to say this again. But I loving hate the way they wrote these articles
We get it.....
You're trying to be hippish and use slang from memes and poo poo while talking about the upcoming game
Stop it

Horus Heresy has an amazing setting and doesn't need that sort of bullshit intro. Drives me crazy

You will get plenty of grimdarkness in the rule book relax, this is how WD and WHC has been forever.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Can you have field trials Primaris as like, an allied detachment? I love the era and limited scope of the Heresy, but want some of the aesthetic of Primaris.

this is where I draw the line :whitewater:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Would someone be down to do a legion rules comparison between the classic and new rules?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Nancy posted:

All this whining inspired me so I drew my favorite members of first claw

Do we have any idea on if little boxes are going to be released alongside the new big box? I'd want to do a kill team of Mk 6s but I don't think I want a whole army of them.

Knowing GW's release schedules probably a little later after the initial box.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JcDent posted:

What's a good cape color for DG? I did mine in green because I was real dumb a few years ago, apparently, and I'm not happy.

Purple, Crimson, Black (not true black), in no particular order.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

jadebullet posted:

Does anyone have a suggestion on what a good color will be for that somewhat maroon Word Bearer red? All of my test models keep coming out just a bit too red and not maroon enough.

Had a look on my desk and Blood Red from Scale75 might be good, and Burnt Red or Hull Red from Vallejo but the vallejo colours might be leaning too far into brown though.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BirdieBedtime posted:

I'm excited to get back to my XXth Legion. They've lain fallow for a couple years as I was pretty dissatisfied with they way they played in 1.0. I either had a list that was horribly unfun to play against or vanilla models with an extra movement phase. The initial leaks brought me back in and I'm looking forward to finishing upscaling my Headhunters, now that they're useful. I even got enough done to head out to what was one of the last local events in 1.0 (and get my rear end beat).

These are way cool and I love the impaled marine objective markers 👏

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

Just got back from my pretty good sized LGS and they are also not taking orders for HH box, said they are still trying to gauge regional interest in it on their Facebook. I'll just order it online I guess

lol wtf, my LGS started interests check forms back in early May and if you filled out the form you were basically guaranteed what you wanted.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

With their commitment to older and discontinued models coming across in a free pdf (idk why they wouldn't just print them in the rulebook whatever) I'd be surprised if Imperial Army, Blackshields, and Shattered Legions wouldn't come back in their own Liber book later on.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Also just to clarify so I don't screw myself over - GW said this HH boxed set is going to be around / in production for the foreseeable future, right? I don't have it in my budget to pick one up now, so I just want to make sure it's not gonna be a thing like Indomitus where the good box is only available for a limited time and then they start paring down the contents into new "starter boxes" that aren't nearly as good of a deal.

I'm trying to find a direct source from GW, but Sprues and Brews got a copy and I have to assume this is info passed to them from GW rather than conjecture:

quote:

No, this is not a limited time release like Indomitus or Dominion – This is the core Horus Heresy box and you will be able to pick this up from your local store whenever you have the urge to take the plunge into Age of Darkness games, or when you want to start a brand new Legion.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

What's the size minimum on these Legion Support Squads? Five models?

I'm recalling things like Close Combat, a historical WW2 game, where a squad might be a dozen men but a flame thrower was a one or two man "team". I'd really like to have, say, a pair of flamers, but I suppose the reality of hitting, wounding, etc, means that you really do need several to have an impact.

I'd be surprised if it changed in the new rules but support squads are minimum 5 maximum 10.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Gato The Elder posted:

And some pictures: my magnetized 1k Sons Leviathan and a cute little Centurion

In retrospect, I wish I had been a bit more restrained with the glow effects

Nice to see Thousand Sons that aren't all candy apple red!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Now parge the lathe

i did that once, can't have kids now

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

:eyepop:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

So I got a shipping notice from GW on the Heresy stuff I ordered. Given not the big box, but still transfers and stuff which were marked as available on the 18th.

I wouldn't be surprised with that, FW already had stock of those.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Is there somewhere I can go to see what all the universal special rules (line, fleshbane etc.) do? I am used to data sheets and have only a small brain.

There'll all be present in the main rulebook come the 18th, I'm not aware if there have been major changes to how USR's work so info on them from 7th may still be valid.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Not even 5 years, people were celebrating USR's going away in the 40K thread when 8th info was dropping and I couldn't understand it.

There's no logic that can convince me that 15 variations of Feel No Pain is better than... Feel No Pain.

The few games I played of 8th ended up being "my unit has X" - "what's X?" "it's Y from 7th".

Worst change ever.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I think transfers look way better than sculpted iconography anyway!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Assessor of Maat posted:

GW struggles with keeping consistent layout and formatting of the text on the spines of sequential books in the same line, why take a table of contents as an indicator of anything

love my AT books not matching

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Also panascope thats a great little batrep and makes me, at minimum, want to paint up Khârn for funsies and maybe mirror that list for a ZM force when I'm tired of guns or chemical warcrimes.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The two lost legions are lost because they add more mystery and confusion to a setting built on mystery and confusion. Narratives are more interesting when things don't always get explained. That's it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Was that in the Space Wolves/ Thousand Sons books? I could have sworn there was a mention in one of those about the Space Wolves being used to cleanse at least one the lost legions.

I distinctly remember Lorgar and Magnus talking about their "lost brothers" and what the Emperor had Russ do to them.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

if you do not relish the chance to become a red smear on a bulkhead, do you really have the right to wear a jump pack?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Anyone had weird fitment issues with the deimos rhino floor? The rear tab seems extremely tight and doesn't actually sit all the way flush with the details on the underside.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Randalor posted:

Is the Deimos-pattern Rhino the same size as the Sororitas rhinos (and their other vehicles that use the rhino chassis)? I'm just wondering if I can get away with using my Sororitas rhinos while I build out the rest if my army, then pick up the Deimos-pattern rhinos last.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

You can use whatever Rhinos you want, imo. I'm going to keep using my old plastic ones just because I don't really see the need to spend 200 bucks updating them.

Yeah the Mars pattern is around in 30K and was even favoured by Iron Warriors, something about better environmental sealing.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

It's incredibly stupid. It also doubles the amount of magnets I need to magnetise all my tacticals :lol:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lucinice posted:

What size magnets do you use for them? I've never magnetized before but I'm looking into it now.

2x1mm are just right for marine wrists

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Bored Online posted:

My box arrived just in time for the weekend. Am I screwing up if I build all my beakies with default weapon options? I am going alpha legion if it matters.

You can always succumb to my madness and buy a couple hundred 2x1mm magnets :unsmigghh:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Floppychop posted:

Is there a decent listbuilder yet? My eyes start to glaze over when I think about making a spreadsheet for playing around with listbuilding.

This is my first foray into 30k, so I don't know where to really start with building a list. Usually with new game systems it helps when I can mess around building different options.

Only Quartermaster I think: https://templates.quartermasterapp.com/HH.html

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Love to see more EC, one of my favs.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Love the use of the old school CSM heads and backpacks, Anvilus pattern stuff is dope.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Crosspost from the Oath thread. I completed my first 30k squad!

Rocks rocks rocks!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SkyeAuroline posted:

Unfortunate in this case, since there's a component missing from the Legion-specific Contemptors required to mount the plastic gun arms on them that (as far as I know) isn't included on the weapon sprues, just the actual Contemptor sprue.

Genius move.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

hey thanks, that's what I'm going for!

still needs a lot of de-AOSification, but its getting there

Cables. Lots of cables. Have you tried an Anvilus backpack to see how it looks? Though I still think Maloghurst's is coolest and I need that mini to pilfer for bitz.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Wait they got rid of the deathstorm drop pods? Those were going to be part of my orbital assault list for fucks sake.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Stephenls posted:

The Legion Deathstorm Drop Pod Squadron (1-3 Deathstorm Drop Pods, 90 points each) is on page 83 of Liber Astartes and Liber Hereticus. GW did not take it away.

(Was there ever a Deathwind Drop Pod? Seems like Deathwind Missile Launcher was the name of the weapon system inside Deathstorm Drop Pods back when Deathstorm Drop Pods were a 40k unit put out by Forgeworld when the Horus Heresy wasn't its own game yet.)

Phew, thank you! Saved me flipping through the book

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

First of all, lucky SOB. Second of all gooorgeous Word Bearer, dittoing the flames being cool af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Any vehicle.