Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what are the latest rumors on release date and final price? I was originally trying my hand at 3-D printing but after tech issues, and I returned it and said to myself I’m getting that Horus box set after seeing the preview today.

I’m not actually a fan of these guys as the idea of professional mentoring in warhammer for hundreds of dollars is dumb, but they got the box set and did a video.

https://youtu.be/8w_yI4rAt8k

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Count Thrashula posted:

I asked my wife to choose a legion for me based solely off aesthetics and she chose Sons of Horus, so I figured I'd try out a color scheme. I don't hate it!

You know that’s a pretty cool idea. Does anyone have a good link to an image showing all the Hersey era uniforms?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thank you! I think I’ll also solicit suggestions from my kids. Should be interesting. I’ll report back on their suggestions.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BirdieBedtime posted:

Here is a link to almost all of the color armor plates from the OOP black books.

Thanks! So my wife likes the Emperor's Children as she's a big fan of Royal Purple and it kind of reminds her of The Mountain in the last season of GoT.

It's really neat about the wide variety of suggestions and that the only one in common is the Ultramarines.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BULBASAUR posted:

Done except cleanup!

He’s happy!

Also does anyone know who did this fan art? I was commenting in Slack yesterday that it’s far better than the pencil drawing portrait of Jagatai Kahn, which is really weird because otherwise those are fantastic drawings. Kahn’s just looks like some white dude pretending to be a mongol or going to a glam metal concert…or Road Warriors 1980s match.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Someone just sent me this. Yes in this quality...sorry about that.

This would corelate with the "less than 200 pounds".

Edit: Also exactly the same price as Ash Wastes.

:stare:

That can’t be pre discount, can it? It works out to $234. Which even if it is post discount is still a great price.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 30, 2022

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So would it just be cheaper for an American to order it from a UK discount seller?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Broken Record Talk posted:

You can get them in the US for as low as $225 if you really hunt, so I’m not sure paying for international shipping on a heavy box is necessarily a great idea, but your mileage may vary.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking too and honestly not including shipping the discount would probably be 20 bucks at most if that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnEdgelord posted:

there are plenty of discount sellers here in the bad old US of A

Oh yeah, there is one five minutes from my house. I think I just goofed on price after discount and the exchange rate when doing some mental math.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stephenls posted:

Is that new Corax art? I feel like that's new Corax art.

God, I wish any of the Raven Guard books were good.

In other news, my FLGS just doesn't do preorders; they get the boxes in and it's first come first serve. So I guess I'm ordering from GW.

I actually talked to mine and they said they got their orders in to ensure that anyone who pre-ordered will definitely get it and they will still have tons more. They basically said they ordered as many as GW would allow.

It would be kind of funny if somehow this launch does better than ninth edition in terms of sales or something similar to that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deofuta posted:

The plastic Leviathan kit is confirmed, with a fancy trailer! The amount of 30k support being pushed is impressive.

I’m hoping they’ll eventually do expansions for the Unification Wars, Solar Reclamation, and the Great Crusade. I mean the units generally work, at the very least for the Crusade.

Also Thunder Warrior Minis :)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It’s going to be amazing to have so much more lore and stats AND books you can use for self defense in a pinch.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JcDent posted:

I think GW would like you to do 3-3.5k, but Goon-Approved Coolest Format Zone Mortalis is 1K.

The box is 1500 before any unit upgrades.

Plus I think if the lore/rule book is used as a lord of war, you could get a couple hundred of points from it alone.

Also goddamnit why does my local comic book store have to respect street date? I assume it’s because they’re a master dealer, and they can do a 20% discount, and they wanna maintain a good relationship with GW.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I’m been working on the Kratos since yesterday. I figured next will the Dreadie and Spartan first.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smug jeebus posted:

I would not recommend Auspex Tactics for families

It is good as a way to fall asleep I found. I don’t think it’s a horrible channel, but I can certainly understand why it is very much not for everyone. It was useful initially for me as a this person updates all the time totes a good way to stay in the loop, but I’ve found other channels that do that and that are little more….alive and also not just slide shows.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I discovered a neat and easily way to get a Salamander green without having any green. Now I’m sure this is pretty basic color wheel and color mixing stuff, but I’m still learning that. So I had an extra space marine that I primed in army painters ultramarine blue spray, I then decided to do a paint test with Iyanden Yellow and look at this. The yellow is only from goofing around with Yriel Yellow. Otherwise great way to use up any blue primer and still get green. :)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BirdieBedtime posted:

(^ that's fuckin sick.)

Somebody was wondering what all of the Heresy books would look like on a shelf. Well, I got you*.

*Red books for Mechanicum and Auxilia not included.

That is one strong rear end shelf.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinwiz11 posted:

I've got a month+ until my flgs starts their Heresy grow league, so there's time.

You’re saying you get to play HH and grow weed?

:nice:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for all the excellent feedback!

This is kind of a mix of what I have (lots of tacticals), now most the Space Marine Infantry is not built...yet. So is there any way to make them Anti-armor capable? I have all the weapons still on the sprues.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone seen any decent tutorials for the new rules yet? I’ve seen battle reports but nothing really dealing with the rules, besides the person was going through every page which isn’t really what I’m looking for.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BULBASAUR posted:

What sort of tutorial or advice would you like? This is a great place to ask :)
Just a video series similar to what GW did, Tabletopskirmishgames, or Tacticaltortise, to listen to during work, so I can start to get the rules and layout in my head.

Battlescribe has an early one for the Legion Astartes, although they've said it would most likely be a month or two to get fully done.

Also if I created a combo PDF of the recent HH missions that were uploaded by GW, would anyone want that?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GreenMarine posted:

Battlescribe is missing a lot of stuff. Quartermaster is apple only.

Pencil & paper is pretty fun, though.

Not if you had to read my handwriting. :lol:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BULBASAUR posted:

Look who's conversion made it into white dwarf :shobon:

Congratulations!

I’m assuming that’s yours. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any word on what's next in the release schedule?

I do love all the free pdfs, ironically, I wish I could print them and get them in a binder...in a cost effective way.