Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

I've been thinking long and hard about this. I'll probably break down and buy the new box, although I haven't played 30K since the start of quarantine.

I am undecided as to which Legion to build. Iron Hands, Ultras, and Space Woofs are contenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

moths posted:

But I think there's an implication that it was punitive.

This is VERY heavily hinted in Prospero Burns.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Endman posted:

I took a silly cinematic shot of my Word Bearers:

Goddamn, this is beautiful.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

I would, but the website has a bad certificate.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Lucinice posted:

A lot of my decision on legion is going to come down to what a friend of mine is picking. I wanted to pick UM but my friend is also considering picking them and I get the feeling UM mirror matches would be really boring.

Play Word Bearers.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I just can't decide if I should add Rogue Trader era armor graffiti or not.

How is this even a question?

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Major Spag posted:

I'm just not user friendly!

Those look excellent!

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I have read that sealing is not needed with laser printers? Should I seal anyway?

You should probably put a layer of some sort of varnish over ANY decal, even if only to keep it from being damaged by handling.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

I know GW will never do anything with the Unification Wars era, but drat these are nice:

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Hixson posted:

I finished up a volkite/rotor cannon terror squad!:

God drat, those are good.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

SkyeAuroline posted:

Now when I run into someone who runs traitor Ultramarines, then I'll have found a unicorn...

That could be fun.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

BULBASAUR posted:

how do you gently caress up space vikings so badly

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

JBP posted:

What does a beaky historically accurate Viking helmet look like anyway

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

JcDent posted:

is there a primarch that doesn't do stupid poo poo?

Fulgrim, don't kinkshame.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

moths posted:

Test scheme for Word Bearers:

I think it needs maybe a little hint of orange to brighten it up, and the black will definitely need some kind of highlight.

Also my camera situation is still dogshit.

I really like this.

I'm seriously considering building WBs myself; they've got such a great backstory and they can look really good.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Ristolaz posted:

Have space marine wages kept pace with 10,000 years of inflation?

Does the Guard get paid?

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Outside of Goonhammer, are there any other good websites, blogs, podcasts or youtubers for 30k content?
Would love to see more conversions, army list, battle reports etc etc

Age of Darkness is a very good podcast. It isn't as active as it used to be, but there's good stuff in the archives.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I definitely think that you should pick an army totally based on the fluff/appearance.

But they all look good!

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

I could easily be tempted to start a Sisters of Silence army.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Imperial Fists are the poster boys of the new edition of 30K. They're also, frankly, bland.

Word Bearers - and Lorgar in particular - saw the writing on the wall (or, the tank's hull) and knew that the Imperium would become a hellish theocracy that worshiped the empire and. Unfortunately for them they saw it too soon and were damned for it. Plus, you can use the cool new Possessed as Gal Vorbak or conversion parts and Sisters of Battle bits (like books and torches) to dress up their vehicles.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Siivola posted:

Well being the poster boys for Rogue Trader and the 3rd edition Marine codex helps.

:corsair:

?

The BTs and Imperial Fists weren't in the old Rogue Trader book.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Dawgstar posted:

I think they mean the Crimson Fists? (Vote for Pedro! I'm careful with that meme as it's an antique.)

Ah, of course. The "3rd Edition" part threw me.

Sorry about that!

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

SkyeAuroline posted:

40k standard "black armor with edge highlights" can be boring, but the FW "oily greenish-black metal" is pretty interesting imo (though I have no idea how hard it is to accomplish in practice).

There's a really cool airbrush Iron Hands forged black tutorial here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k0WqI_YdIs

This makes me want to paint my Heresy box as Iron Hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

moths posted:

Warcom has posted a pretty good article about solar aux heraldry today, primarily focused on Legion-affiliated regiments but providing some useful info about numbering schemes and markings for everyone who's survived historicals.

Go back to the source: