Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
i'm gay this thread is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

Malcador Assault Tank Squadron
No longer the worst tank in the game, it nevertheless finds its utility diminished largely thanks to the new artillery rules. Some of the weapon profiles are also completely missing, but we can assume they won't be worthwhile as they are either tank cannons or imperial army weapons. Of note is the overpriced demolisher cannon, a fifty point upgrade entirely detached from its new role in the game. The malcador now compares to a Sicaran in speed and armor, with just one more HP, making it notably less survivable than before. The most variant is to take all lascannons, giving it 7 shots total for 290 points. However a landraider, which is a dedicated transport with assault vehicle, can pack 6 shots with better armor for 55 points less. So the Malcador is certainly usable, but a bit overpriced for what you're getting when you have access to the Kratos, Landraider, or Sicaran.

lol owned anton

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

2K Fury of the Ancients
Loyalist Raven guard with Fury of the Ancients ROW.

HQ

Contemptor Dreadnought
Base – 175
venerable ancient – 30
Gravis melta cannon -5 pts

= 210

Troops

Contemptor dreadnought talon
Base – 175
2X lascannon – 40

Second Contemptor -175
2X lascannon – 40

=430

Base – 175
2X lascannon – 40

Second Contemptor -175
2X lascannon – 40

=430

Base – 175
Second gravis power fist
Inbuilt meltagun x 2 -30

Second Contemptor -175
Second gravis power fist
Inbuilt meltagun x 2 -30

=410

Base – 175
Second gravis power fist
Inbuilt meltagun x 2 -30

Second Contemptor -175
Second gravis power fist
Inbuilt meltagun x 2 -30

=410

Fast attack
Xiphon interceptor – 105 pts

=1985

thoughts? I'm not sure i have enough chaff clear

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Broken Record Talk posted:

If the goal is to retain friends or a warm reception at your LFGS, you might want to consider a less brutal RoW.

lol

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

SkyeAuroline posted:

I still have mixed feelings on the "fists and artificer on every sergeant" push but don't have the 2.0 experience to tell whether it's actually worthwhile or not.

Is there a push for this? Feels like suspiciously 1.0 thing.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

SkyeAuroline posted:

but the combo of the glacial release rate for HH (meaning this is all we get this week even announced)

What

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I've been banned from running more than 3 dreads at a time :(

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Thinking of doing this as something fun - anything dumb i've done jump off the page to you?

(1k starter list)

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

the_seventh_cohort posted:

2 contemptors at 1k is likely to be a bit much unless your opponent is expecting it.

You will need a praetor or delegatus consul to use a rite of war (unless the Speaker has Master of the Legion)

that's not contemptors !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

the_seventh_cohort posted:

You will need a praetor or delegatus consul to use a rite of war (unless the Speaker has Master of the Legion)

you're totally right about this one though

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

You’re 5 points over I believe. If you need a delegatus, that might bring it down a bit.

dannnggg - time to snip points :(