Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I thought I did something horribly wrong when I posted in that thread and it immediately died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

The timeline for me of "Oh there's an entire version of the game dedicated to HH, my favorite part of the Warhammer content I've consumed?" to "Oh, it seems expensive. Nevermind." to "Oh there's a new version coming out that's the perfect onboarding for the tabletop game and is affordable?" was maybe 2 weeks so, well played GW.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I really wanted to go loyalist Emperor's Children, but after seeing how they look in mk6 im not too crazy about it anymore. When the other marks come out in their new plastic packages that'll be more enticing for an EC legion, but for the big box I'm now leaning towards World Eaters.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Stuck at a crossroads between a loyalist holdout of Emperor's Children loyal to the Iron Hands after Manus' rapid neck-up weight loss but from the Warhammer Day preview for it it seems like running the not-main path of a legion results in the loss of named commanders. So if I want to have a Lucius and whatnot I'd have to go traitors.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oh interesting.

Fake edit: looks like Saul already has a mini so it would be neat if there's alt commanders for loyalist ECs.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Very cool, thanks for the heads up

Just found and read the playtest stuff for 2.0 EC and yeah 100% all in on loyalist with Saul as the warlord

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 25, 2022

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

BULBASAUR posted:

Which legions are you new folks thinking of starting?

Still all in on Loyalist Emperor's Children. New to the hobby in general, working my way through a box of CSMs to get the hang of assembly and painting, and I'll probably start working on a 40k army of Emps Children or a Fabius Bile army comprised mostly of OG EC

Jack B Nimble posted:

Speaking of the novels, What are the best three books in the Horus Heresy? I hear some people swear X is great, some people think X is actually bad; I'm a bit on the picky side when it comes to fiction but I liked Eisenhorn, and I figure if I get a cross section of what people think is the best of the best I can't go far wrong.

Fulgrim, A Thousand Sons, Flight of the Eisenstein are probably my picks.

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 3, 2022

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Just got back from my pretty good sized LGS and they are also not taking orders for HH box, said they are still trying to gauge regional interest in it on their Facebook. I'll just order it online I guess

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

God drat this is good

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Did Ferrus ever do anything overtly stupid? He kinda just loved making things, loved his brother, then died.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Pinwiz11 posted:

Hubris. He jumped into Istvann V way too early and paid for it with his life.

Ah yeah, good point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Looks like they wanted him to be switching the fire mode from rapid to execution or vice versa but the finger is so far away that it does look like he's going "check this thing out."